• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Deep into Islam..

NewLeb

Sure thing my friend, this is what you initially said:

From an Islamically mystical point of view, the Bible and Torah are corrupt

An Islamic point of view is naturally anchored in the Quran, please provide me with the basis of your argument so that we can advance.

Whoa, whoa, whoa- slow down a bit, sonny. By “Islamically mystical point of view,” I obviously mean a Sufi perspective of things, as that is how I classify my own self and views (and the Sufi masters that which I borrowed most of my learnings from).

The basis of my argument is mostly concerned with how the Quruan was revealed and compiled, as opposed to how it was in the cases of the Torah and Bible. Thus, this subject is more rooted in secular history than in the theological commands found in the holy book itself.

Totenkopf

تفسير القرطبي - القرطبي - ج ١٤ - الصفحة ١٨٩

وفي بعض الروايات: أن زيدا تورم ذلك منه حين أراد أن يقربها، فهذا قريب من ذلك. وجاء زيد إلى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم فقال: إن زينب تؤذيني بلسانها وتفعل وتفعل! وإني أريد أن أطلقها

Totenkopf

Whoa, whoa, whoa- slow down a bit, sonny. By “Islamically mystical point of view,” I obviously mean a Sufi perspective of things, as that is how I classify my own self and views (and the Sufi masters that which I borrowed most of my learnings from).

The basis of my argument is mostly concerned with how the Quruan was revealed and compiled, as opposed to how it was in the cases of the Torah and Bible. Thus, this subject is more rooted in secular history than in the theological commands found in the holy book itself.
Sorry my friend I had no idea you were Sufi. Forgive me for asking, is this the equivalent of jeovah's witnesses in Christianity? ie a small outshoot that no one considers valid. Please do NOT feel insulted by my question, I don't know anything about Sufism.

I am more interested in a Quranic based discussion, as such, we are not on common ground to proceed.

agnostic

Legendary Member
تفسير القرطبي - القرطبي - ج ١٤ - الصفحة ١٨٩

وفي بعض الروايات: أن زيدا تورم ذلك منه حين أراد أن يقربها، فهذا قريب من ذلك. وجاء زيد إلى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم فقال: إن زينب تؤذيني بلسانها وتفعل وتفعل! وإني أريد أن أطلقها
1. This is not at all what you wrote.
2. This is only an 2il and 2al with no sanad and with no importance.
3. Try to be objective neutral and above all respectful.

Totenkopf

1. This is not at all what you wrote.
2. This is only an 2il and 2al with no sanad and with no importance.
3. Try to be objective neutral and above all respectful.
All of what I wrote can be read, it's on the forum.
What I quoted says exactly that, I did not invent this, I did not corrupt words, I simply translated and I did not find a lot of sense in this particular incident. Hence my tone.

See, it did not cost you anything to reply: no sanad and no importance. Thank you.

If you reread what I wrote, this was only a side shoot and not the heart of the story where I listed all the facts based on primary sources.

NewLeb

Sorry my friend I had no idea you were Sufi. Forgive me for asking, is this the equivalent of jeovah's witnesses in Christianity? ie a small outshoot that no one considers valid. Please do NOT feel insulted by my question, I don't know anything about Sufism.

I am more interested in a Quranic based discussion, as such, we are not on common ground to proceed.

No, Sufism is not a sect. It is an experience that explores the mystical and inner dimensions of Islam, and thus very much related to this subject.

Christianity (particularly Catholicism) lacks mysticism, which is why Western Europeans have always been looking to the East for spiritual comfort....

Historically, Sufis have often belonged to different ṭuruq or "orders" – congregations formed around a grand master referred to as a wali who traces a direct chain of successive teachers back to the Islamic prophet Muhammad.[10] These orders meet for spiritual sessions (majalis) in meeting places known as zawiyas, khanqahs or tekke.[11] They strive for ihsan (perfection of worship), as detailed in a hadith: "Ihsan is to worship Allah as if you see Him; if you can't see Him, surely He sees you."[12] Sufis regard Muhammad as al-Insān al-Kāmil, the primary perfect man who exemplifies the morality of God,[13]and see him as their leader and prime spiritual guide.

Last edited:

Totenkopf

No, Sufism is not a sect. It is an experience that explores the mystical and inner dimensions of Islam, and thus very much related to this subject.

Christianity (particularly Catholicism) lacks mysticism, which is why Western Europeans have always been looking to the East for spiritual comfort....
Thanks for clarifying Newleb. If I am not mistaken, people like ISIS do consider this approach heretical...
No comment on Christianity, wrong thread for that.

@Rafidi @agnostic
Why doesn't Moe have any pictures? Is it because he's so ugly?

According to scholars like this one, the prophet was missing 4 frontal teeth, he lost them in the battle of uhud:
* تفسير الجامع لاحكام القرآن/ القرطبي (ت 671 هـ) مصنف و مدقق
ثبت في صحيح مسلم: أن النبيّ صلى الله عليه وسلم كُسِرت رَباعِيته يوم أُحُد، وشُجّ في رأسه

You can find it when you look at the tafsir for this verse:
[3:128]
لَيْسَ لَكَ مِنَ الْأَمْرِ شَيْءٌ أَوْ يَتُوبَ عَلَيْهِمْ أَوْ يُعَذِّبَهُمْ فَإِنَّهُمْ ظَالِمُونَ

Maybe this was part of the reason? الله أعلم

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
Thanks for clarifying Newleb. If I am not mistaken, people like ISIS do consider this approach heretical...
No comment on Christianity, wrong thread for that.

According to scholars like this one, the prophet was missing 4 frontal teeth, he lost them in the battle of uhud:
* تفسير الجامع لاحكام القرآن/ القرطبي (ت 671 هـ) مصنف و مدقق
ثبت في صحيح مسلم: أن النبيّ صلى الله عليه وسلم كُسِرت رَباعِيته يوم أُحُد، وشُجّ في رأسه

You can find it when you look at the tafsir for this verse:
[3:128]
لَيْسَ لَكَ مِنَ الْأَمْرِ شَيْءٌ أَوْ يَتُوبَ عَلَيْهِمْ أَوْ يُعَذِّبَهُمْ فَإِنَّهُمْ ظَالِمُونَ

Maybe this was part of the reason? الله أعلم
الرباعية is the lateral incisor, it's one tooth not 4.