• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Deep into Shia Islam

• Advertisement
  • Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    I do not understand, how the writing of the Jewish Torah comes into this issue. Please explain how it relates. Ma fhemet.
    You should agree on the explanation in a binding contract
    pull out one of your templates

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Tell us why he was called "Noon". Whether from the Torah, Islamic texts, or whatever texts. I just need reasons.
    i would ask his parents, or read this Noah - Wikipedia

but to claim that it was because he cried intensively, as the arabic translation that came hundreds of years later is insinuating, is a pretty long shot and am being kind

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    i would ask his parents, or read this Noah - Wikipedia

but to claim that it was because he cried intensively, as the arabic translation that came hundreds of years later is insinuating, is a pretty long shot and am being kind
    I am not asking Wikipedia. I am asking @SeaAb and yourself. What are the available meanings of his name. Tell us here.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    I am not asking Wikipedia. I am asking @SeaAb and yourself. What are the available meanings of his name. Tell us here.
    jewish folklore and traditional naming conventions, why was adam called adam? why was daniel called daniel?
    names that jewish people can relate while they read their religious book

Apostate

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    jewish folklore and traditional naming conventions, why was adam called adam? why was daniel called daniel?
    Law ftaradna eno Noo7 means crying... how did they come to the conclusion that he is crying for hussein lol ... maybe he was crying because he was unemployed after the flood and had nothing to do...

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    What are the meanings of these names?

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Law ftaradna eno Noo7 means crying... how did they come to the conclusion that he is crying for hussein lol ... maybe he was crying because he was unemployed after the flood and had nothing to do...
    This is a good question.

We believe he was crying for Imam Hussein because he was worthy of a prophet crying for him before the calamity he faced. And because we are Shia and that is our belief.

We may also ask similarly, how are you sure he was crying because he was unemployed? How are you sure he was even unemployed to start with?

So for one sectarian daeshi on Twitter to criticize our belief, when he has proposed no alternative idea or belief that is better is ridiculous. And then for a moderator on this forum, who's known for his affinity to sarcasm and who's supposedly an ex Shia and now atheist to share the tweet of a sectarian daeshi throwing sectarian shots is very sad and shameful.

Apostate

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    This is a good question.

We believe he was crying for Imam Hussein because he was worthy of a prophet crying for him before the calamity he faced. And because we are Shia and that is our belief.

We may also ask similarly, how are you sure he was crying because he was unemployed? How are you sure he was even unemployed to start with?

So for one sectarian daeshi on Twitter to criticize our belief, when he has proposed no alternative idea or belief that is better is ridiculous. And then for a moderator on this forum, who's known for his affinity to sarcasm and who's supposedly an ex Shia and now atheist to share the tweet of a sectarian daeshi throwing sectarian shots is very sad and shameful.
    It is safe to assume after the global flood that destroyed everything on earth, he was unemployed... no employer was left alive to employ him.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    It is safe to assume after the global flood that destroyed everything on earth, he was unemployed... no employer was left alive to employ him.
    Maybe he was self employed. Or divinely employed, if you believe.

Let me assume also he was unemployed. How are you sure he was crying because he was unemployed. Same question.

Likely, we have a text from one of the Holy 12 Imams explaining the name of Nuh for the sayyid in that video to make such explanation.

Apostate

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    Maybe he was self employed. Or divinely employed, if you believe.
    Self employed doing what?
    Divinely employed? Highly unlikely

Bas still, it sounds like a bs story tbh... eno his name is related to crying about someone who would die thousands of years in the future... but hey... to each his belief

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Self employed doing what?
    Divinely employed? Highly unlikely

Bas still, it sounds like a bs story tbh... eno his name is related to crying about someone who would die thousands of years in the future... but hey... to each his belief
    He was self employed because he fetched for himself and his family on his own. Not under someone else.

Not someone who would "die" in the future. But someone who's the grandson of the Imam of the Prophets and who would be slaughtered alongside his family and infants.

R

Ralph N

The Arabic language is vast Ralph...

When used this way this expression can mean more or less what "hallowed" means in english. You can have whatever opinions you want about Islam, but do not use bad translation to support them :)
    For years you claimed ur Christian ya Joseph?....

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    What are the meanings of these names?
    i do not speak neither hebrew nor aramaic to try and understand the root meaning of these names, but one thing for sure, arabic language meanings that came hundreds of years later hav nothing tondo wth it. i am really baffled as to how one cannot see the extrapolation being done here

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    For years you claimed ur Christian ya Joseph?....
    I am Christian you sectarian weirdo :) I also oppose shariaa law and object to many things in Islam. I am just saying that what you posted is incorrect from an Arabic language perspective :)

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    i do not speak neither hebrew nor aramaic to try and understand the root meaning of these names, but one thing for sure, arabic language meanings that came hundreds of years later hav nothing tondo wth it. i am really baffled as to how one cannot see the extrapolation being done here
    What if he actually cried and the Arabic version was meant to cover that fact?

R

Ralph N

I am Christian you sectarian weirdo :) I also oppose shariaa law and object to many things in Islam. I am just saying that what you posted is incorrect from an Arabic language perspective :)
    Incorrect? oh wow...yeah... same as واضجعت معها في قبرها thing...