• Hello Guest

Please bear with us! The Orange Room is being restructured.

Deep into the 12 lebanese christian sects

Rachel Corrie

Legendary Member
We have 12 Christian officially recognized sects in Lebanon.

Who are they?

What are they?

What's their history?

How did they become officially recognized as a sect in Lebanon? How did they emerge in Lebanon?

Why for example aren't Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons recognized sects?

Does it mean sects that aren't recognized cannot exist in Lebanon? Cannot vote? Cannot have an ID or passport?

How did these communities form in Lebanon and spread?

What are their numbers?

Do they have foreign patronage and sponsor?

Then, what are the beliefs of these 12 christian sects in Lebanon. What do they have in common and what sets them apart?

Are there conflicts in beliefs among themselves?

What set them apart in terms of beliefs?

Are there any rivalries among themselves?

During the civil war, was there any Christian infighting on the basis of sectarian beliefs?

Are there in Lebanon any political divisions among Christians on the basis of different sectarian beliefs?

Please share your thoughts and ideas and knowledge.

Last edited:
  • Advertisement
  • Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

Who are they?

What are they?

What's their history?

How did they become officially recognized as a sect in Lebanon? How did they emerge in Lebanon?

Does it mean sects that aren't recognized cannot exist in Lebanon? Cannot vote? Cannot have an ID or passport?

What are their numbers?

Then, what are the beliefs of these 12 christian sects in Lebanon. What do they have in common and what sets them apart?

During the civil war, was there any Christian infighting on the basis of sectarian beliefs?

Are there in Lebanon any political divisions among Christians on the basis of different sectarian beliefs?

Ma keno Jehovah's Witness ba3d tal3een when Lebanese Christians preserved these imperial Christian sects in the Lebanese Parliament.
    Jehovah's Witness are like our historical Nassara, they are non Trinitarian, meaning they don't believe that Jesus is god. They are not Christian. They are the true faith preached by the Messiah and was considered heretical by the Orthodox and Catholic Churches.

Christians as the name suggests believe that god is a mortal man who was also crucified by the Romans and that redemption is a result of that crucifixion.

Jehovah Witness believe that sinners must repent for their sins and seek forgiveness from G.d of Moses, who is a non material power but the creator of the universe.

Last edited:

JB81

Legendary Member
    Ma keno Jehovah's Witness ba3d tal3een when Lebanese Christians preserved these imperial Christian sects in the Lebanese Parliament.
    Jehovah's Witness are like our historical Nassara, they are non Trinitarian, meaning they don't believe that Jesus is god. They are not Christian. They are the true faith preached by the Messiah and was considered heretical by the Orthodox and Catholic Churches.

Christians as the name suggests believe that god is a mortal man who was also crucified by the Romans and that redemption is a result of that crucifixion.

Jehovah Witness believe that sinners must repent for their sins and seek forgiveness from G.d of Moses, who is a non material power but the creator of the universe.
    True, God the man, the physical one died on the cross to cleanse mine and your sins. You chose not to believe... Your choice.

Notice that Mohammed have nothing to do with the Christian faith? It stands by itself

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    True, God the man, the physical one died on the cross to cleanse mine and your sins. You chose not to believe... Your choice.

Notice that Mohammed have nothing to do with the Christian faith? It stands by itself
    Jehovah's Witness is the topic [].

Last edited by a moderator:

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    And if they are recognized as a religion in Lebanon... True, if this occur to Muslims too w nefta7 dekken to everyone who claims to be Muslim or Christian
    I think then we need a global parliament. It is better if we have citizenship and not all the religions of the world in parliament I think.

JB81

Legendary Member
    I think then we need a global parliament. It is better if we have citizenship and not all the religions of the world in parliament I think.
    Well, tell that to the one who opened the thread. He won't accept different types of Muslims but somehow he is for Christians

Dark Angel

Legendary Member

John 8
    31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”​
    33 They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?”​
    34 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. 37 I know that you are Abraham’s descendants. Yet you are looking for a way to kill me, because you have no room for my word. 38 I am telling you what I have seen in the Father’s presence, and you are doing what you have heard from your father.[b]”​
    39 “Abraham is our father,” they answered.​
    “If you were Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then you would[c] do what Abraham did. 40 As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41 You are doing the works of your own father.”​
    “We are not illegitimate children,” they protested. “The only Father we have is God himself.”​
    42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me.43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”​
    ---------------------------------
    now is it not remarkable how true to your heritage you still are? there is still absolutely no truth in you.

there is not one single post of yours where you do not attempt to twist some major point. shame.

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    John 8
    31 To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. 32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”​
    33 They answered him, “We are Abraham’s descendants and have never been slaves of anyone. How can you say that we shall be set free?”​
    34 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. 35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. 37 I know that you are Abraham’s descendants. Yet you are looking for a way to kill me, because you have no room for my word. 38 I am telling you what I have seen in the Father’s presence, and you are doing what you have heard from your father.[b]”​
    “If you were Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then you would[c] do what Abraham did. 40 As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things. 41 You are doing the works of your own father.”​
    “We are not illegitimate children,” they protested. “The only Father we have is God himself.”​
    42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own; God sent me.43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47 Whoever belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”​
    now is it not remarkable how true to your heritage you still are? there is still absolutely no truth in you.

there is not one single post of yours where you do not attempt to twist some major point. shame.
    What a terrible thing for a man who is preaching faith, love and forgiveness to say about the power that sent him. Did he expect them to drop their faith in return for such nasty words.
    But how could the Jews really want to kill god beats my understanding.

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    John 8

These Jews believed

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    What a terrible thing for a man who is preaching faith, love and forgiveness to say about the power that sent him. Did he expect them to drop their faith in return for such nasty words.
    But how could the Jews really want to kill god beats my understanding.
    no he did not expect them to drop their faith, he expected them to not try to kill him first, and second he expected that they should have some reverence and value for truth, instead of spending 24 hours a day trying to twist every fact they can put their hands on, as you have been doing. and you have to infect every thread with these idiotic notions.

seriously have mercy on yourself and stop this silly acts. we understand you have a tremendous reservoir of hatred for everything Christian and for truth in general, but there is no need to keep at your mantra 24/7. the act gets very loathing at the end. bi la33e el nafs ye3ne.

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    no he did not expect them to drop their faith, he expected them to not try to kill him first, and second he expected that they should have some reverence and value for truth, instead of spending 24 hours a day trying to twist every fact they can put their hands on, as you have been doing. and you have to infect every thread with these idiotic notions.

seriously have mercy on yourself and stop this silly acts. we understand you have a tremendous reservoir of hatred for everything Christian and for truth in general, but there is no need to keep at your mantra 24/7. the act gets very loathing at the end. bi la33e el nafs ye3ne.
    why do I have the impression that you wrote this post while you were looking at yourself in the mirror?

Shalom my friend. Let us make love not war :)

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    why do I have the impression that you wrote this post while you were looking at yourself in the mirror?

Shalom my friend. Let us make love not war :)
    the falsehoods that you continuously spew make your call for peace sound exactly like the hissing of snakes. and do not flatter yourself, even that ugly image gives you more credit than you deserve.

it would have been quite better had you been pulling some intelligent act or had there been some intellect within the load of crap you have been flooding the forum with, but there is none, which makes it even the more revolting to engage you. shi bi arref.

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    the falsehoods that you continuously spew make your call for peace sound exactly like the hissing of snakes.

it would have been quite better had you been pulling some intelligent act or had their been some intellect within the load of crap you have been flooding the forum with, but there is no, which makes it even the more revolting to engage you. shi bi arref.
    i think you looked in the mirror again. Then you saw yourself and spoke about who you are.

I also looked in the mirror when I said let us make love not war.

Shalom my friend

Iron Maiden

Her Royal Brincess
    Staff member

You are outdoing yourself, JW are at best a money worshipping cult that dont believe in blood transfusions because it is impure if its not from whithin their sect.

You should actually be thanking God that they are not represented politically, they are cancer incarnate

That being said plz stick to the topic, the 12 official christians sects in the lebanese constitution, JW have their thread.

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You are outdoing yourself, JW are at best a money worshipping cult that dont believe in blood transfusions because it is impure if its not from whithin their sect.

You should actually be thanking God that they are not represented politically, they are cancer incarnate

That being said plz stick to the topic, the 12 official christians sects in the lebanese constitution, JW have their thread.

I really like JW, I spend hours talking to them and I am never bored. They are cool.

I agree with the issue of organ and blood transfusion, yuk who wants a dead person's organ. I prefer to die.

I only expressed my opinion in relation to the original post which mentioned them really didn't expect such a reaction about them from the mainstream Christianity.

Aoune32!

Who are they?

What are they?

What's their history?

What are their numbers?

We have

1) Maronites
    2) Roum Orthodox
    3) Roum Catholic
    4) Armenian Orthodox
    5) Armenian catholics
    6) Syriac Orthodox
    7) Syrian Catholic
    8) Chaldeons
    9) Copts
    10) Latins
    11) Evangelicals
    12) Assyrian

Aoune32!

The catholics in leb are 1.2 million so thats all the catholics including maronites.
    The Roum Orthodox number 400K and the armenian orthodox which are 80% of the Armenians in leb number about 100-120K. There are big differences between the two catholic and orthodox and even amongst the catholic sects.