Feedback Defining the orange room

• Advertisement
  • F

freemind

You know there is a reason why the party washed its hands from this forum years ago. This roman colliseum attitude the original owner left behind has not been changed much.

I don’t like social media either, nor did i patronize it in my post, but I’m only a bit too sensitive to effortless one-liners. No matter how, things alway feel very bullysome for me around here.

I don’t know how possible it is someone scrutinize for me how i am so very liked and how freemind’s posts are very enriching to conversations here. بالأمليّة يعني Tell me if its not possible so that i’ll know what to do. @Jo i deserve such a small reward after long service. Toujours avec gentillesse.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    You know there is a reason why the party washed its hands from this forum years ago. This roman colliseum attitude the original owner left behind has not been changed much.

I don’t like social media either, nor did i patronize it in my post, but I’m only a bit too sensitive to effortless one-liners. No matter how, things alway feel very bullysome for me around here.

I don’t know how possible it is someone scrutinize for me how i am so very liked and how freemind’s posts are very enriching to conversations here. بالأمليّة يعني Tell me if its not possible so that i’ll know what to do. @Jo i deserve such a small reward after long service. Toujours avec gentillesse.
    My one liner was only one because I didn't have more to say :) I just know that anonymity is a big part of this forum's appeal, and you were asking to eradicate it. so I said in one line that I disagree. Now I find myself apologizing for my number of lines, so I will be verbose in this post :)

You said here "you don't like social media", yet, you want this forum to become pretty much like a facebook page... Maybe you can clarify this for me, and it is ok from my side if you do so in one line only :)

Ok that aside, I think you don't like the snark in this forum, and if that is the case I think it's fair, not everyone enjoys sarcasm, but sarcasm is part of life and especially part of forums. It is not necessarily bullying, and it is not insults nor profanity. There are at times gladiator behavior here, but not in this case here, its only snark :)

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter

Why are u getting so worked up m8, we are just duscussing a part of ur pov, ma bada hal2ad

F

freemind

My one liner was only one because I didn't have more to say :) I just know that anonymity is a big part of this forum's appeal, and you were asking to eradicate it. so I said in one line that I disagree. Now I find myself apologizing for my number of lines, so I will be verbose in this post :)

You said here "you don't like social media", yet, you want this forum to become pretty much like a facebook page... Maybe you can clarify this for me, and it is ok from my side if you do so in one line only :)

Ok that aside, I think you don't like the snark in this forum, and if that is the case I think it's fair, not everyone enjoys sarcasm, but sarcasm is part of life and especially part of forums. It is not necessarily bullying, and it is not insults nor profanity. There are at times gladiator behavior here, but not in this case here, its only snark :)
    You know just for the sake of debate, its not the subject thread, but usually if you cannot feel the mood of your interlocutor, you can be one of three, a psychopath, a bully, or a dumbo, I haven't called you any of those yet, but note very well, I'm ok with any kind of discussion, i'm not too shallow to only discuss whats trending and popular, i'm not too dramatic to only discuss whats irrelevant and not interesting. I write what i write how i write it, i don't troll, i don't write anything meaningless.

That said, i somehow expect some positive response, somehow i only receive negative, for example i initially made a happy post, which is very unlikely coming from me, tried to tell the owner how he can improve his website, i only got a ''like'' while i was expecting an articulated response, this alone is bogus.

I've always been labeled as a problematic Aounist same as my General, that coming from rival parties back in the day, FPMers too could not handle my constant revolt on everything and everyone, thats when i chose to become independent. Only these days its mostly anti-Gebran Bassil voices with a few aounist dinosaurs left here, i suggest you change the name to greyroom.org instead of the Oroom. Grey is something midway temperate, accepted by everyone.

I don't know though, why the panic if this website becomes more linked to social media? i for one, would like to know who i am discussing with, is it a youngster or an old man, is it a lebanese or a syrian? muslim pretending to be christian? or christian pretending to be muslim? it helps give credibility and truthfulness to discussions. I am more than certain that all you people here know one another outside this place, and then as soon as there is a loud newcomer the admin or whomever makes a few contacts to reveal the person's identity, and i'm certain that person is attended to accordingly. So how fair is that? why not just give everyone else the chance to know one another. Its very easy if you feel insecure about the whole matter, you can simply link yourself to a fake facebook account. You know its just a suggestion, i'm not an expert on internet matters, its not my field, the whole thing might not be doable to start.

But now you want to tell me how much old-school you are and how you dislike Facebook, and how you'd rather be reading a book than eating pizza. Mni7, i will not argue that.

So much for the one-liner you asked for @joseph_lubnan

Last edited:
    Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    That said, i somehow expect some positive response, somehow i only receive negative, for example i initially made a happy post, which is very unlikely coming from me, tried to tell the owner how he can improve his website, i only got a ''like'' while i was expecting an articulated response, this alone is bogus.
    The "like" is an acknowledgment for your post and a thank you.

I opened this thread asking for feedback and out of respect, I am not debating those who did give it. I really appreciate the time you took writing the above but I did not understand what kind of articulated response were you expecting?

F

freemind

The "like" is an acknowledgment for your post and a thank you.

I opened this thread asking for feedback and out of respect, I am not debating those who did give it. I really appreciate the time you took writing the above but I did not understand what kind of articulated response were you expecting?
    Lets say about the full of extremists part i mentioned, for instance now as we are talking, in other threads some users are being singled out and thrown with one liners, delete useless posts, allow that there be balance, before the user runs away.

Other than that, no problem, your reply here above is fine.

Thanks,

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    You know just for the sake of debate, its not the subject thread, but usually if you cannot feel the mood of your interlocutor, you can be one of three, a psychopath, a bully, or a dumbo, I haven't called you any of those yet, but note very well, I'm ok with any kind of discussion, i'm not too shallow to only discuss whats trending and popular, i'm not too dramatic to only discuss whats irrelevant and not interesting. I write what i write how i write it, i don't troll, i don't write anything meaningless.

I've always been labeled as a problematic Aounist same as my General, that coming from rival parties back in the day, FPMers too could not handle my constant revolt on everything and everyone, thats when i chose to become independent. Only these days its mostly anti-Gebran Bassil voices with a few aounist dinosaurs left here, i suggest you change the name to greyroom.org instead of the Oroom. Grey is something midway temperate, accepted by everyone.

I don't know though, why the panic if this website becomes more linked to social media? i for one, would like to know who i am discussing with, is it a youngster or an old man, is it a lebanese or a syrian? muslim pretending to be christian? or christian pretending to be muslim? it helps give credibility and truthfulness to discussions. I am more than certain that all you people here know one another outside this place, and then as soon as there is a loud newcomer the admin or whomever makes a few contacts to reveal the person's identity, and i'm certain that person is attended to accordingly. So how fair is that? why not just give everyone else the chance to know one another. Its very easy if you feel insecure about the whole matter, you can simply link yourself to a fake facebook account. You know its just a suggestion, i'm not an expert on internet matters, its not my field, the whole thing might not be doable to start.

But now you want to tell me how much old-school you are and how you dislike Facebook, and how you'd rather be reading a book than eating pizza. Mni7, i will not argue that.

So much for the one-liner you asked for @joseph_lubnan
    I would have much preferred a one-liner :)

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You are right in saying linking Facebook identities would lead to more respectable debates, but the cons far outweigh this pro. Those who wish to not show their identities will create fake Facebook accounts. That's an unfair advantage over those who do reveal their real identities. You cannot guarantee stalkers and harassers do not lurk around this forum. Furthermore, anonymity allows a section of the Lebanese population to voice opinions they would not otherwise be allowed to voice in Lebanon under fear of prosecution or intimidation.

Anonymity is the great equalizer.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    You are right in saying linking Facebook identities would lead to more respectable debates, but the cons far outweigh this pro. Those who wish to not show their identities will create fake Facebook accounts. That's an unfair advantage over those who do reveal their real identities. You cannot guarantee stalkers and harassers do not lurk around this forum. Furthermore, anonymity allows a section of the Lebanese population to voice opinions they would not otherwise be allowed to voice in Lebanon under fear of prosecution or intimidation.

Anonymity is the great equalizer.
    Also having seen debates in comment sections on facebook, its really not that respectable most of the time :p

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    RESIGN 2020

1572706917469.png

My beloved Oroomers,

It is with immense pleasure i address this post to you today.
    It was a hell of a ride over the last couple of years,
    During which, myself and my partners in sacrifice here were always speaking nothing but truth to you,
    The truth that we were all banned and heavily moderated for expressing
    A truth coming straight from the heart, coming out of belief that YES the change is possible in our country, as well as on this beloved forum.
    The same truth and freedom of expression will be the foundation of the bright future that is ahead of us.
    But those days are soon to be no more,
    This forum has been my digital home over the last couple of years,
    and to it i pledge my time and effort to revive that beautiful image from the golden days this forum had.

I hereby declare my candidacy for the upcoming elections on this beloved forum,
    And i promise you that i will fight for you in the name of freedom of speech and expression
    A pillar Against unfair moderation and oppression
    Against the current bullying, trolling and mockery we all had to endure.

Can you feel the wind of change that is coming
    we're all invited to ride TOGETHER.

Yours sincerely,
    Resign