Deir ez Zour: Next major battle for the SAA ?

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
So, now ISIS are busy in Kobani and Anbar, once they are finished from there i see them trying to secure Deir ez Zour.

However, it seems that the latest attacks and troop movement for the SAA predicted this and they are trying to win back the city before the major ISIS troops come back.

I think SAA wants to takes the city asap. The government needs the gas and oil fields there. The republican guards has been deployed there also and they are being lead by general Issam Zahreddine.

For those who dont know, general Zahreddine is from a Druze background. He lead the battle of Bab al Amr in Homs and the tal battle in Rif Damascus. He is considered as one of the best generals in the SAA.

He also has an instagram page: Instagram

So what do you think will happen in Deir ez Zour ?

• Advertisement
  • Rising Phoenix

So, now ISIS are busy in Kobani and Anbar, once they are finished from there i see them trying to secure Deir ez Zour.

However, it seems that the latest attacks and troop movement for the SAA predicted this and they are trying to win back the city before the major ISIS troops come back.

I think SAA wants to takes the city asap. The government needs the gas and oil fields there. The republican guards has been deployed there also and they are being lead by general Issam Zahreddine.

For those who dont know, general Zahreddine is from a Druze background. He lead the battle of Bab al Amr in Homs and the tal battle in Rif Damascus. He is considered as one of the best generals in the SAA.

He also has an instagram page: Instagram

So what do you think will happen in Deir ez Zour ?
    The minds of SAA military and political decision makers work in a mysterious and illogical way...your analysis is very logical but I frankly cannot predict what will be the next step...

Venom

Legendary Member
    I don't think the SAA have enough manpower to take over the rest of the city in the time being. Probably they want to fortify some positions and protect the sourroundings of the airport.

Hyperbole

I don't know if they can afford a major Deir Ezzoor operation right now. They will be forced into a major battle on the western side of Damascus in the coming weeks, and that might end up taking up a lot of their resources. I think they will have to put a lot of their focus and forces on the West Ghouta/Quneitra/Daraa front, and that will likely preclude an Deir Ezzoor operation.

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    According to Cederic Labrousse, SAA is close to victory in Deir Ezzor

. Strong #Assad loyalists advances in #Deir_Ezzor since morning. They stormed large parts of Sinaa as in Hweqa during the night and today.

. 1) #Assad regime is taking the upper hand in #Deir_Ezzor strategic battle taking profit of the #IS decision for #Kobane and #Hit (#Iraq).

. 2) #Assad regime is decided to retake #Deir_Ezzor with a strong strategy of "destroy and take over". Biggest regime advances in one year.

. IMPORTANT - 1) Nobody care of the fall of #Deir_Ezzor in #Assad regime hands after 72 hours of large advances by his forces in city.

. IMPORTANT - 2) If #DeZ is back in regime hands as regime defeating #IS sect, it will have enormous consequences on #Syria situation.

. IMPORTANT - 3) #Assad, with the possible #DeZ victory, will claim victory on "terrorism" and revendicate more international support.

. IMPORTANT - 4) The regime could also use a possible #DeZ victory to send a message : #DeZ was one of the most symbolic revolution cities.

. IMPORTANT - 5) If things are ongoing as engaged for now, with a weaken #IS sect presence in #DeZ, the regime will clear retake the city.

. IMPORTANT - #Assad regime forces are launching a new ground assault in Hweaqa, in #Deir_Ezzor, after a strong airstrikes wave.

. IMPORTANT - #IS elements are coming from countryside, #Mayadin and #Maadan as reinforcements to try to resist to #Assad regime assault.

. IMPORTANT - Still heavy battles ongoing and #Assad forces advancing in #Sinaa, #Deir_Ezzor, trying to take completely oevr the area.
    NOTE - The regime, after months of victories against #IS in #Deir_Ezzor, is using a strategy by three fronts (west, north and south-east).

. IMPORTANT - #IS elements are coming from countryside, #Mayadin and #Maadan as reinforcements to try to resist to #Assad regime assault

. 1) This is coming after #Assad forces retook Ayyash area, and Mariyah area near airbase. Next to fall was Juba and most of Saqr Island.

. 2) Now, they're attacking city itself as Sinaa, Hweqa and Industrial area. #DeZ is isolated as last bridge destroyed and Saqr island cut.

. IMPORTANT - Loyalists forces break the #IS sect defense line in al-Umal neigh' in #Deir_Ezzor. Third city area where IS lines falling.

. Tension rising in #Deir_Ezzor after important advances by loyalists forces since 72 hours in Umal, Sinaa and west to Hweqa areas.

. The battle is hard for Saqr Island as regime airforce heavily striking north #IS sect positions on island to open road for ground forces.

. IMPORTANT - Some of the areas retaken by loyalists in Sinaa #DeZ falls back to #IS sect last three hours. Regime still has the upper hand.

. IMPORTANT - #IS sect is trying to retake all ground lost last night and this morning to #Assad regime. Many killed in both sides.
    NOTE - All the areas taken by loyalists last 24 hours in Sinaa aren't back in #IS hands. Only parts near Hamidiyah were retaken last hours

. Situation for now in #Deir_Zzzor : - #IS retook only a part of the lost ground in #Sinaa - Loyalists advancing on Said street near Umal area

. ADD. : #Deir_Ezzor is seeing since one week the bloodiest battle in the city since one year. #IS and loyalists losses are huge.