• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Discussing the Government's Financial Reform Program

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
Orange Room Supporter
This is a leaked document, detailing the government's reform plan. It encompasses a lot fo changes, raises in corporate tax to VAT and other direct and indirect taxes amongst other reforms.

What do you guys think? Your comments and analysis are welcome.

Click on the link and you can download the document to your devices.

• Advertisement
  • SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    Another part of leak showing the currency devaluation schedule. 😲

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    This is a leaked document, detailing the government's reform plan. It encompasses a lot fo changes, raises in corporate tax to VAT and other direct and indirect taxes amongst other reforms.

What do you guys think? Your comments and analysis are welcome.

Click on the link and you can download the document to your devices.

Why is it in English and not in Arabic?

And when have these leaks ever ended up being legitimate?

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    In english cause the reforms are being prepared with the help of a foreign firm, LAZAR.
    I see. I'll give it a read tonight, I think. Have you done so, already? Is it worth going through it?

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    I see. I'll give it a read tonight, I think. Have you done so, already? Is it worth going through it?
    Yes, worth it. At least to take a peek into how the current gov is thinking. Currency deval is coming, they have set a schedule. Organize your finances in the meantime. Most leaks these days have been close to the truth.

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    Yes, worth it. At least to take a peek into how the current gov is thinking. Currency deval is coming, they have set a schedule. Organize your finances int he meantime. Most leaks these days have been close to the truth.
    We know currency devaluation is coming, so that's not what I'm interested in the most... I want to see them adopt a plan that sounds feasible to not only get us out of this mess, but to put us on the right track going forward. Something we can get behind. I'm not in the mood to read 34 pages of gloom nor of foolish hope - get what I mean?

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    We know currency devaluation is coming, so that's not what I'm interested in the most... I want to see them adopt a plan that sounds feasible to not only get us out of this mess, but to put us on the right track going forward. Something we can get behind. I'm not in the mood to read 34 pages of gloom nor of foolish hope - get what I mean?
    Yes. Read it, there is a plan. It sounds too optimistic sometimes but there is a plan.

cedarheart

cedarheart

Legendary Member
    I haven't had the chance to read the document yet, will do later on. But i'm pretty sure it'll put all the burden on the middle and lower class of our society.
    Foreign consultants know nothing about out country's realities. They are very good with theory and very bad with practice, All foreign plans to help other failed economies have always turned out to be a huge failure.
    Having a plan is one thing, but what's more important is WHO will execute and manage the plan.
    As far as i'm concerned, I refuse any reform (even if it's proposed by the brightest economist of the universe) that doesn't include political and judiciary reforms and doesn't include the prosecution of every single person who held an official job from 1992 until today!

HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
    I haven't had the chance to read the document yet, will do later on. But i'm pretty sure it'll put all the burden on the middle and lower class of our society.
    Foreign consultants know nothing about out country's realities. They are very good with theory and very bad with practice, All foreign plans to help other failed economies have always turned out to be a huge failure.
    Having a plan is one thing, but what's more important is WHO will execute and manage the plan.
    As far as i'm concerned, I refuse any reform (even if it's proposed by the brightest economist of the universe) that doesn't include political and judiciary reforms and doesn't include the prosecution of every single person who held an official job from 1992 until today!
    Although the measures are **extremely** general to the point of being useless, pgs. 25-27 address this.

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    IMF won't help us without austerity. Can we do that during a pandemic?
    And forget about CEDRE, the Coronavirus killed it.

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So, how many dark years are ahead to us? 10? 20?