• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Discussing the Government's Financial Reform Program

• Advertisement
  • TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
    انتشرت على مواقع التواصل نسخة جديدة و معدلة للخطة المالية الاقتصادية للحكومة اللبنانية، و هي موثقة ب ٥٤ صفحة و هنا ربطا نصها الكامل للاطلاع

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    I didn't see anything mentioning the deposit lower limit for a forced "buy in". However this documents says that interest rates awarded $50K annually and above will be recovered. Still reading. Any thoughts?

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
    انتشرت على مواقع التواصل نسخة جديدة و معدلة للخطة المالية الاقتصادية للحكومة اللبنانية، و هي موثقة ب ٥٤ صفحة و هنا ربطا نصها الكامل للاطلاع

I didn't see anything mentioning the deposit lower limit for a forced "buy in". However this documents says that interest rates awarded $50K annually and above will be recovered. Still reading. Any thoughts?
    صدر عن المكتب الاعلامي في رئاسة الحكومة البيان التالي:
    تداولت بعض وسائل الاعلام والتواصل الاجتماعي ورقة تدعي انها خطة الحكومة المالية.
    ان الورقة المذكورة هي مشروعاً قديماً طرأت عليه تعديلات كثيرة، وبالتالي فهي ليست خطة الحكومة المالية التي يناقشها مجلس الوزراء غداً الخميس.

SoFP1

SoFP1

The Chosen One
    Orange Room Supporter
    صدر عن المكتب الاعلامي في رئاسة الحكومة البيان التالي:
    تداولت بعض وسائل الاعلام والتواصل الاجتماعي ورقة تدعي انها خطة الحكومة المالية.
    ان الورقة المذكورة هي مشروعاً قديماً طرأت عليه تعديلات كثيرة، وبالتالي فهي ليست خطة الحكومة المالية التي يناقشها مجلس الوزراء غداً الخميس.

I guess we have to wait till tomorrow.

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
    خطّة الإصلاح: استعادة «المال المنهوب»... وتحرير الليرة والخصخصة | الخسائر إلى 159 مليار دولار

Official Plan Released - 4/30/2020
    Drama Queen

Drama Queen

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yes, worth it. At least to take a peek into how the current gov is thinking. Currency deval is coming, they have set a schedule. Organize your finances in the meantime. Most leaks these days have been close to the truth.
    Give us a summary. You're the financial expert here.
    Are our deposits still in danger now that a reform plan was put in place?

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

Give us a summary. You're the financial expert here.
    Are our deposits still in danger now that a reform plan was put in place?
    If you have 500 000$ and above, then you will get a haircut. If not, you indirectly got one.

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    صدر عن الأمانة العامة لمجلس الوزراء البيان اللآتي: "عملاً بقرار مجلس الوزراء رقم ١٣ تاريخ ٣٠ نيسان ٢٠٢٠، فإن برنامج الحكومة الاصلاحي المعتمد راهناً هو ذلك المعدّ باللغة الانكليزية، بانتظار تنقيح النسخة العربية من قبل متخصصين يكلفون من وزارة المالية بهدف مطابقة النسخة العربية لغوياً وفنياً للنسخة الانكليزية. وعليه فإن النسخة المعدة باللغة العربية لبرنامج الحكومة هي غير نهائية بانتظار تنقيحها وفقاً لما جاء في قرار مجلس الوزراء على النحو المشار اليه انفاً".
    MTV

Stick to the English part for now.

shadow1

shadow1

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    On the bright side, it's good the government finally admitted that Riad Salameh Baba and the 128 incompetent greedy thieves have wrecked the commercial and central banks and the country financially in a way so that you might as well start from scratch. Wait a minute, that is what they are doing.
    It beggars the question why would the thieves who wrecked it be given another chance while their history of failure is there for all NOT to see.

I got up to page 50 before I got too bored with its wishful thinking and measures every one knows the parties will never pass in parliament. Then I realise what use is parliament in Lebanon anyway? too many whimsical and wishful assumptions to have any real credibility. for example The reform of the public service and retirement regime dont go anywhere far enough. Recapitalising the banks is a fairy tale. Tackling corruption is too far fetched to believe. Recouping stolen money , Oh yeah oh yeah. Tax evasion and illegal ma3aber. Yes of course Hizbullah can't wait to lend a hand. How stupid can one be?

You might as well write off the country and or auction it off to neighbouring states. That is the only way govt promise of protecting people's deposits in the banks can have any meaning. The country is simply way too broke to stand a chance. The plan makes a good death notice. Pity. It was all so clear 20 years ago.

I'll read the English version for better understanding of the terminology used in this morbid document. I am way too bored for one night.
    The people got what they deserve in return for having the right to vote. The country didn't.

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    On the bright side, it's good the government finally admitted that Riad Salameh Baba and the 128 incompetent greedy thieves have wrecked the commercial and central banks and the country financially in a way so that you might as well start from scratch. Wait a minute, that is what they are doing.
    It beggars the question why would the thieves who wrecked it be given another chance while their history of failure is there for all NOT to see.

I got up to page 50 before I got too bored with its wishful thinking and measures every one knows the parties will never pass in parliament. Then I realise what use is parliament in Lebanon anyway? too many whimsical and wishful assumptions to have any real credibility. for example The reform of the public service and retirement regime dont go anywhere far enough. Recapitalising the banks is a fairy tale. Tackling corruption is too far fetched to believe. Recouping stolen money , Oh yeah oh yeah. Tax evasion and illegal ma3aber. Yes of course Hizbullah can't wait to lend a hand. How stupid can one be?

You might as well write off the country and or auction it off to neighbouring states. That is the only way govt promise of protecting people's deposits in the banks can have any meaning. The country is simply way too broke to stand a chance. The plan makes a good death notice. Pity. It was all so clear 20 years ago.

I'll read the English version for better understanding of the terminology used in this morbid document. I am way too bored for one night.
    The people got what they deserve in return for having the right to vote. The country didn't.
    The same majority in the government is in the parliament. It has to pass...

shadow1

shadow1

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The same majority in the government is in the parliament. It has to pass...
    You are being too logical. Other than corruption the only "qualities" Leb politicians share are deceit and backstabbing. Actually there are many more. None is flattering.

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    تعليق أول على خطة الحكومة للنهوض الاقتصادي