Do Lebanese Christians and Muslims look different?

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

This thread is a perfect reflection of what this forum has become.
10/10 idiocy .

Why? Lebanese Christians and Muslims are genetically different populations and this is scientific FACT. You're aware that our appearances are a reflection of our genes, so my question is valid.

• Advertisement
  • Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I don't get why people are offended by this thread. Genetic differences in populations are a real thing and there are scientists who study them...are they evil too?

It's not like the OP is insulting anyone or claiming that some genes are better than others.

theMightyRedV

theMightyRedV

Why? Lebanese Christians and Muslims are genetically different populations and this is scientific FACT. You're aware that our appearances are a reflection of our genes, so my question is valid.
    i actually feel sorry for u walla

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    No one I ever met thought I was Lebanese. When I open my mouth and speak with a native tongue, people look surprised. I have had greeks speak Greek to me and Italians speak Italian.
    The Christian's and Muslims are the same. As soon as they open their mouth you know where they come from and likely to be from. It's also in their manners temprement. And culture. We are different. Althought it depends how you are raised and your neighbourhood. The war created an ongoing divide. Looks are decieving.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    I must be the only one here who cannot tell a Muslim from a Christian by just looking at them! I need help.
    Except for Bassil, I know he is Shi3i :)

p.s what does an atheist look like?

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Do the Maronites look different than the Orthodox?

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

The ones I can sometimes easily tell apart are the Druze. The lack of intermarriage has made them physically distinguishable from the rest of the Lebanese.
    Talal Erslan can't be anything but a Druze.
    Amal Clooney looks the female version of Kamal Jumblat (or is she just Kamal Jumblat in a wig?)

Also, I find that Becharre natives look similar to each other. But think that's mainly because they're all part of a big family.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Do the Maronites look different than the Orthodox?
    It's not so much the sect of one's person but rather his ancestral village or hometown.
    For instance, Sunnis who live on the coast might have Phoenician or Turkish roots. When the Ottomans ruled Lebanon, they replaced the local population on the coast with Sunnis from the Ottoman empire. I think that's why Beirut today stands out as a Sunni-majority area surrounded by Christians.

Orthodox Christianity is one of the oldest religions in the region. Its adherents are mostly of Antioch or Levantine origins.

While Muslims who live in the mountains might be Christians who converted by force after the Muslim conquest.

You can never know. Information is very scarce on Lebanese ancestry.

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    For instance, I've noticed Christians are much more homogenous and have mostly a standard Mediterranean look, while Muslims are much more varied and have a higher frequency of extreme looks (both very dark and very light) that are very unusual for Christians. Imo Sunnis from Tripoli and Sidon, and Shias from the South and Bekaa look the most different from Christians.
    Don't pay attention to the mob.. I can attest to that. w tesdi2an 3ala kalemak, my coiffeuse madam 3abla, she's born blind and have no access to her visual sense. She reads hair and hair styles with her fingers and is able to tell genetics from sounds. She says she can tell a shia lebanese from an alawit, a 7anafi from 7anbali, a maronite from an orthodox by only asking them to do re mi fa so la si do.

She also told me that despite the centuries demographic attempts at diluting them, Lebanese sects original fingerprints are well preserved in the Lebanese genome confirmed by the laws of the String theory that she doesn't even have to doctorate in thanks much to her natural hearing insight in the field.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Scientific fact my shiny bubbly butt.
    U produce a paper about the genetic residue of crusaders in the population of sidon and want to generalize that over the whole population through wishful tinking.

Ya habboub one the biggest maronite families come directly from the Hashemite arabic dynasty.

@Indie there is a difference between claiming some residual genetic differences and saying in every post that the two populations are different when in fact they arent that much different. OP has been trying for several threads to fulfill his lifelong dream of claiming land in palestine through baseless genetic claims.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

It's not so much the sect of one's person but rather his ancestral village or hometown.
    For instance, Sunnis who live on the coast might have Phoenician or Turkish roots. When the Ottomans ruled Lebanon, they replaced the local population on the coast with Sunnis from the Ottoman empire. I think that's why Beirut today stands out as a Sunni-majority area surrounded by Christians.

Orthodox Christianity is one of the oldest religions in the region. Its adherents are mostly of Antioch or Levantine origins.

While Muslims who live in the mountains might be Christians who converted by force after the Muslim conquest.

You can never know. Information is very scarce on Lebanese ancestry.
    The thing about Lebanese Muslims is that they don't have more Southwest Asian (Arabian) admixture than Christians. I used to think they were heavily Arabian, but it seems they aren't.
    It's their Ottoman-era admixtures that set them apart from Christians.

U produce a paper about the genetic residue of crusaders in the population of sidon and want to generalize that over the whole population through wishful tinking.

Ya habboub one the biggest maronite families come directly from the Hashemite arabic dynasty.

@Indie there is a difference between claiming some residual genetic differences and saying in every post that the two populations are different when in fact they arent that much different. OP has been trying for several threads to fulfill his lifelong dream of claiming land in palestine through baseless genetic claims.

There's been hundreds of Lebanese Christians who tested and not a single one shows any sign of Arabian admixture whatsoever, these oral tales about Ghassanids, Christian Arabs etc are not supported scientifically. Lebanese Christians are basically pristine Levantines and are genetically closest to other Levantine Christians, Samaritans and Druze, who all form a single genetic cluster. Lebanese Muslims are an outer group and shift towards Syrian Muslims.

But generally even the Lebanese Muslims do not show higher Arabian admixture than Christians, it's their East Asian and African ancestries along with some Caucasus and European that set them apart from Christians. All the non-native admixture in Lebanese Muslims is fairly recent (from the Ottoman Empire) which means they descend from people who were Christians at least until the Crusades. The Crusaders were really successful in expelling and killing all the Arabs Muslims, Lebanese Muslims descend from Christians who were forced to convert by the Seljuks and by the time of the Ottoman Empire they were just Muslims and mixing with other Muslims and raping African slaves, that's how they became different from Christians even if they were originally Christians themselves.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Frankly, I couldn't care less what people look like. I'm more concerned about what values they have.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

Do you have a proof of that?