Do the protesters realize they're putting people out of business?

NewLeb

NewLeb

If the March 8 camp care so much about the economy, why did they shut down downtown when they set up camp there for a year?

And now they want to whine about road blocks- Lol.

• Advertisement
  • loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    One might argue that the economy had already been deteriorating, but we cannot simply ignore the impact of the 2-month protests on the economy.
    According to Riad Breich, a front desk manager at Cavalier Hotel in Hamra, the protests prompted a lot of tourists to cancel their reservations during this festive season.
    Occupancy at his hotel now stands at 30 percent only compared to last year's 100 percent reservation rate.
    Most of the hotels shut down some of their floors to reduce expenses, while others decided to cut employees' wages.

Even at times of war, Lebanon hasn't experienced anything like this.
    Don't you think it's time the protesters took a break? Not for the sake of our corrupt politicians, but for those whose survival depends on the stability of the country.

Lebanese hotels suffer heavy losses during Christmas amid nationwide protests - Xinhua | English.news.cn"

What are your thoughts? Do you think the protests accelerated the economic downfall?
    Or do you think the current crisis was bound to happen regardless?
    i totally agree with my dear friend @shadow1 ... the collapse was inevitable, and living in denial was not sustainable. did the strategy of the protesters speed up the collapse, maybe (blocking roads, tensions in the streets, etc), but it is probably better to rip the bandaid off while we are still breathing rather than when we're already dead.

Aegon

Aegon

Anyways where are the big protests now? They have pretty much fizzled out as far as I can see. True we have dozen or so protesting at banks here and there but the big demos at martyrs square and Tripoli are no more.

Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    i totally agree with my dear friend @shadow1 ... the collapse was inevitable, and living in denial was not sustainable. did the strategy of the protesters speed up the collapse, maybe (blocking roads, tensions in the streets, etc), but it is probably better to rip the bandaid off while we are still breathing rather than when we're already dead.
    banks are using them to consider them as one factor of the eco prb