• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Do you support Lebanon to become a part of France?

Do you support Lebanon to become a part of France?

• Yes

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 52.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Advertisement
  • Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    No we shouldn't

We should be a sovereign nation like any other under a consensus secular decentralized democratic state.
    Exactly this.

Problem is, the Lebanese have repeatedly shown to have well below the minimum amount of national responsibility and pride required to build such a strong and independent state. We prostitute ourselves shamelessly and will continue to be treated as such by our respective sugar daddies until we, for lack of a more suitable term, grow the **** up.

W

Weekend250

Exactly this.

Problem is, the Lebanese have repeatedly shown to have well below the minimum amount of national responsibility and pride required to build such a strong and independent state. We prostitute ourselves shamelessly and will continue to be treated as such by our respective sugar daddies until we, for lack of a more suitable term, grow the **** up.
    you can't blame the people who think like that after all what happened in Lebanon since it took its independence ; most probably a dream but in a sense we are under an international mandate
    40 percent supporting this is a great number showing lebanese dont trust their state
    stop blaming the lebanese blame the mafia governing them since 1982

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    you can't blame the people who think like that after all what happened in Lebanon since it took its independence ; most probably a dream but in a sense we are under an international mandate
    Who can I blame, then? If not for our continued determination to beg foreign powers to solve our problems (oftentimes in treacherous calls of "help us beat the other guy") instead of solving them diplomatically amongst ourselves, we probably wouldn't be in this situation today.

W

Weekend250

Who can I blame, then? If not for our continued determination to beg foreign powers to solve our problems (oftentimes in treacherous calls of "help us beat the other guy") instead of solving them diplomatically amongst ourselves, we probably wouldn't be in this situation today.
    the greatest party linked to an outside power is hezbollah

W

Weekend250

Hezbollah's link to Iran is just as compromising as Hariri/Joumblatt/Geagea's link to the USA/KSA/Israelli axis. They are all equally counter-productive (and, I'd like to add, embarrassing).
    True to a sense but the others don’t have an armed militia fighting for Iran interest all over the Middle East

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I am not in favor of losing independence but this is on theory, when the people is able to elect and check the political class it elected.
    Not they consider their filthy politicians as gods.
    We have got our independence in 1943 and destroyed every tiny bit of our country.
    While the jews took theirs in 1948 and made their country a big power at all levels.
    Thinking about that should make us ashamed.
    Now I have lived big part of my life in Lebanon until adulthood, and then in France.
    Their is no way to compare.
    Hundreds of thousands of Lebanese people of all sects are living in western countries. This alone should give an idea what the Lebanese people really prefer, and make those in Lebanon wake up to their pitty situation.
    This is my own approach to this point.

As for France, the ones who have seen comments on the petition signed by 50k Lebanese will know that French people don't want that at all because they know they will be paying for us for a long time to fix our country (if this is even possible) and they don't want that.

Finally France is a democracy and very evolved in terms of human rights and social justice.
    The Dom/Tom Islands were given chance via referendum to become independent of France and have chosen to stay.
    Being independent is great but only if you are up to the responsibility which we as Lebanese have proven to times and times again that we are not.
    Before jame3et El karameh wel sha3eb El 3anid jump on their horses, take 1min and look at Lebanon current situation.

Ps. Yesterday I was in Saumur Tank museum, there were many tanks of several countries. My kids asked me where is the tank of Lebanon, I told there is not, then I pointed at the israeli merkava and told them look at this, we Lebanese destroyed bunch of them in 2006 war.
    That's tlwas the only pride I found to tell them about their country.
    Simply sad

Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    True to a sense but the others don’t have an armed militia fighting for Iran interest all over the Middle East
    They tried to have an armed militia and failed miserably. In May 2008, they recruited Palestinians with Saudi money to fight for them in Beirut but they were defeated by HA and Amal. They armed Ahmad AlAssir and supported him with money and media coverage but again, the Lebanese Army smashed him and his movement. Finally, they tried to use Da3esh and AlNusra to defeat HA but again, HA and the Lebanese Army crashed them. يعني مش وطنيه و ادمية و كبر أخلاق منهم

J

Jesus-is-the-Lord

If the purpose is to destroy Turkey , then yes
    If the purpose is to isolate HA, then yes
    If the purpose is to make fun and humiliate Michel Aoun, then yes

So to answer your question, YES.

And you cannot blame me for that answer, because you and your like are for more than an Iranian mandate in Lebanon. You and your like are for a total occupation of Iran in Lebanon, which, hopefully is soon to be finished.

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Lebanon as a DROM/COM would have been Paradise.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

oldschool

oldschool

Emile Edde was the least sectarian politician at the time. He simply saw that Lebanon wasn’t ready and he was right.

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    If the purpose is to destroy Turkey , then yes
    If the purpose is to isolate HA, then yes
    If the purpose is to make fun and humiliate Michel Aoun, then yes

So to answer your question, YES.

And you cannot blame me for that answer, because you and your like are for more than an Iranian mandate in Lebanon. You and your like are for a total occupation of Iran in Lebanon, which, hopefully is soon to be finished.
    Maybe Jesus is the Lord after all.