Do you think that President Michel Aoun should resign?

President Aoun should resign

• Total voters
gilthemaster

gilthemaster

the reality of the matter is that the good people, or what remains of them in this freaking country, 2erfo. this includes FPM and FPM leaderships, bassil and the president as well. now not only we are facing the corrupt militias of the civil war, but we are also facing the stupidity of the average person as well. which makes any possibility at moving forward quite a hopeless. the best that FPM can do now is to completely withdraw from this rotten state and work towards establishing an alternative.

either way, the Lebanon we knew and hoped to preserve is completely gone, and so is our Lebanese culture and identity. now the average Lebanese went down from the educated intellectual a sandwich-priced moron abou she77ata. all the options we have left are very bitter, but much sweeter than the shitty reality we are facing.

if i was in GMA's stand i would resign and dedicate my time and connections to organize a peaceful exodus for the people who are genuinely seeking a better life. things have gone out of control inside the country and the compasses have gone crazy. ...
I have been Aouni since General Baabda assumed power in 1988. He lost many battles during that time i didnt care, i felt he never gave up the principle and that he always had the Lebanese and Lebanon best interest At heart. But now I Unfortunately do, he privatized the foreign ministry to, love it or not, to a proxy of Iran. That put Lebanon at odd with The Iran’s arch enemy USA, a country that loan adicted Lebanon have many financial ties and dependencies.
The country is being drained financially much faster than Anyone ever predicted . Chaos and confusions in the streets due to lack of liquidity and trust in the banking system contrasted by a president noxious in his inability to address the financial and geopolitical situation and steer the country clear from an avoidable and unnecessary ruins. He is subdued because he thinks he owes Hizbollah for his presidency. But he forgot the people he supposed to lead. We wanted you president because we believed you gonna fight corruption. We want a prosperous independent country. We dont wanna liberate Gaza. We dont wanna be another Gaza. We are weaker than a spider Webb and We dont wanna be a failed state. We dont wanna be led by Religious fanatics. I never thought i would ever think of General Michel Aoun this way but. Michel Aoun is passively leading us to anarchy.
if i were him i would be pro Hirak, he doesn't owe this rotten system anything. Starting with the civil marriage on forward with canceling the Cairo agreement that’s preventing the Lebanese police from entering the criminal haven refugee camps. I know that the President doesn’t have these rights and privileges. but he has the voice to support and to get the conversation going. The least he should if nothing else worked is to delcare a intermediate technocratic government and resign.

• Advertisement
  • Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    إسم الله عليه بكم سنة عوض كل شي! مشكلتي مع جبران مش إنه سارق أو فاسد أكتر من يلي ذكرتن؛ مشكلتي معه إنه بدل ما يجي يحارب فسادن و يغير نظامن إجا بده حصته مش أكتر...
    proof?

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    I have been Aouni since General Baabda assumed power in 1988. He lost many battles during that time i didnt care, i felt he never gave up the principle and that he always had the Lebanese and Lebanon best interest At heart. But now I Unfortunately do, he privatized the foreign ministry to, love it or not, to a proxy of Iran. That put Lebanon at odd with The Iran’s arch enemy USA, a country that loan adicted Lebanon have many financial ties and dependencies.
    The country is being drained financially much faster than Anyone ever predicted . Chaos and confusions in the streets due to lack of liquidity and trust in the banking system contrasted by a president noxious in his inability to address the financial and geopolitical situation and steer the country clear from an avoidable and unnecessary ruins. He is subdued because he thinks he owes Hizbollah for his presidency. But he forgot the people he supposed to lead. We wanted you president because we believed you gonna fight corruption. We want a prosperous independent country. We dont wanna liberate Gaza. We dont wanna be another Gaza. We are weaker than a spider Webb and We dont wanna be a failed state. We dont wanna be led by Religious fanatics. I never thought i would ever think of General Michel Aoun this way but. Michel Aoun is passively leading us to anarchy.
    if i were him i would be pro Hirak, he doesn't owe this rotten system anything. Starting with the civil marriage on forward with canceling the Cairo agreement that’s preventing the Lebanese police from entering the criminal haven refugee camps. I know that the President doesn’t have these rights and privileges. but he has the voice to support and to get the conversation going. The least he should if nothing else worked is to delcare a intermediate technocratic government and resign.
    see that is the difference, i have never been a aouny.

i support what needs to be supported and oppose what needs to be opposed, bel ot3a, w mesh bel jemle. you have to learn to make your own choices without being blinded by neither allegiance nor hatred.

he privatized the foreign ministry to an iran proxy? leish ken fi foreign ministry before bassil reorganized it? now people are fighting over it in the mu7assassa club. and even then, do you have any idea who were the foreign ministers before bassil?

ba3dein who fought night and day to establish the rights of the Lebanese diaspora to vote in the Lebanese embassies? bokra whenever they get the chance they will vote for joumana haddad and ghada 3id, and go back straight to cussing the failed state that Lebanon is. sha3b feshil.

dont' have the time to write further. but you guys are ready to be a sovereign people because you rarely make the right choices.

Last edited:
    V

Venomous Hummingbird II

can we add a fourth option to the poll?
    who is stupider, @LVV

i support what needs to be supported and oppose what needs to be opposed, bel ot3a, w mesh bel jemle. you have to learn to make your own choices without being blinded by neither allegiance nor hatred.

he privatized the foreign ministry to an iran proxy? leish ken fi foreign ministry before bassil reorganized it? now people are fighting over it in the mu7assassa club. and even then, do you have any idea who were the foreign ministers before bassil?

ba3dein who fought night and day to establish the rights of the Lebanese diaspora to vote in the Lebanese embassies? bokra whenever they get the chance they will vote for joumana haddad and ghada 3id, and go back straight to cussing the failed state that Lebanon is. sha3b feshil.

dont' have the time to write further. but you guys are ready to be a sovereign people because you rarely make the right choices.
    Impressive, really impressive. Speaking of sovereignty, do you support Aoun not minding the country being a small pawn in the hands of Iran? Ma zelna 3am ne7ke 3al ot3a mesh bl jemle?

NiceV

NiceV

can we add a fourth option to the poll?
    who is stupider, @LVV

Great moral lesson from an ex dark demon LF
    Time for you in French
    Degage

V

Venomous Hummingbird II

Great moral lesson from an ex dark demon LF
    Time for you in French
    Degage
    Ah ken Ouwwet el a55? No wonder why he's full of self-hate and vitriol to anyone anti-FPM.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    With the meltdown and general collapse at all levels; in addition to the inability to form a government
    Many people see the resignation of the President as the only way out of this crisis .

what do you think?
    Both The President and Parliament should resign.

Tayyar9

Tayyar9

Legendary Member
    Impressive, really impressive. Speaking of sovereignty, do you support Aoun not minding the country being a small pawn in the hands of Iran? Ma zelna 3am ne7ke 3al ot3a mesh bl jemle?
    Can you please explain to me how Lebanon is a pawn in the hands of Iran? Can you give me a position taken by the President that shows that?
    The problem with you guys is that if we agree with Iran and not the U.S, then we are a pawn to Iran.
    Tell me, what is the position of Iran and the U.S concerning Israel? What about the Palestinian refugees? The Syrian Refugees?
    The U.S doesn't want the refugees to go back, and Israel's safety is its priority, and they support Israel getting a bigger share of the oil in our water. And then you want the President to agree with them and be with them or else he'll be a pawn to Iran?
    What position that is against Lebanese interest and serves Iran did the President take? Enlighten me please.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    look around you?
    PROOF ?
    The state of Denial these guys live
    Holy mother of god
    show the proof then, yala kelna natrinak, you are a glorified drama queen like most lebanese all cry no substance and you want to change the system 😂😂

V

Venomous Hummingbird II

Can you please explain to me how Lebanon is a pawn in the hands of Iran? Can you give me a position taken by the President that shows that?
    The problem with you guys is that if we agree with Iran and not the U.S, then we are a pawn to Iran.
    Tell me, what is the position of Iran and the U.S concerning Israel? What about the Palestinian refugees? The Syrian Refugees?
    The U.S doesn't want the refugees to go back, and Israel's safety is its priority, and they support Israel getting a bigger share of the oil in our water. And then you want the President to agree with them and be with them or else he'll be a pawn to Iran?
    What position that is against Lebanese interest and serves Iran did the President take? Enlighten me please.
    Oh now you're okay with armed groups outside the state? I'm not the one who says Lebanon is a pawn in the hands of Iran, the Iranian leadership says it all the damn time! The fact that the #2 in HA goes to Iran and says that they will avenge Soleimani speaks volumes that Lebanon is part of Iran's sphere. It is all out in the open, only the brainwashed deny it. You cannot build a state when you're giving cover to a group more lethal than your national army.

Tayyar9

Tayyar9

Legendary Member
    Oh now you're okay with armed groups outside the state? I'm not the one who says Lebanon is a pawn in the hands of Iran, the Iranian leadership says it all the damn time! The fact that the #2 in HA goes to Iran and says that they will avenge Soleimani speaks volumes that Lebanon is part of Iran's sphere. It is all out in the open, only the brainwashed deny it. You cannot build a state when you're giving cover to a group more lethal than your national army.
    Again, give me a position taken by the President, or an action done by the President that shows the Lebanese State is a pawn in the hands of Iran. I don't give a shit what they say in Iran, or what HA said. Show me where the President took a position that is against Lebanese interest and in Iran's interest. Do I wish HA didn't have weapons? Of course I do. Just as I wish Israel was not our neighbor and didn't threaten us every other day, and we had no Palestinian refugees and Syrian refugees.

V

Venomous Hummingbird II

Again, give me a position taken by the President, or an action done by the President that shows the Lebanese State is a pawn in the hands of Iran. I don't give a shit what they say in Iran, or what HA said. Show me where the President took a position that is against Lebanese interest and in Iran's interest. Do I wish HA didn't have weapons? Of course I do. Just as I wish Israel was not our neighbor and didn't threaten us every other day, and we had no Palestinian refugees and Syrian refugees.
    His position is that he doesn't have any, 3ate carte blanche la HA, that's my point. He keeps mum on everything that they do. They keep expanding and he looks the other way.

As for the refugees problem, it is a serious problem. But it is a problem that will always persist as long as you do not have a powerful state. And how do you build a powerful when you give cover to an army more lethal than the LAF? Rje3na lal mawdou3 el asese. When you have a banana republic, you'll be swayed to any direction by anyone because you have no leverage whatsoever.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    In my opinion
    His green light for Hezbollah's retaliation few months ago is a proof enough

Yes Lebanon had to take a position from the drones incident, but that only happens after proper investigation.
    However
    The green light was given before the army obtained any pieces of the drones to investigate
    The state had nothing to indicate that the drones were Israeli
    AND on top of that Nasrallah clearly said and loudly that he was retaliating for the airstrike on an Iranian squad in Syria that had 1 Hezb guy

The president joined Majles A3la lal dife3 and 5 mins later gave a green light to Hezbollah.
    The President gambled with Lebanese lives just because Hezbollah wants to retaliate for an airstrike in Syria.

@Venomous Hummingbird II
    FYI, that was the day when i flipped.

Tayyar9

Tayyar9

Legendary Member
    His position is that he doesn't have any, 3ate carte blanche la HA, that's my point. He keeps mum on everything that they do. They keep expanding and he looks the other way.

As for the refugees problem, it is a serious problem. But it is a problem that will always persist as long as you do not have a powerful state. And how do you build a powerful when you give cover to an army more lethal than the LAF? Rje3na lal mawdou3 el asese. When you have a banana republic, you'll be swayed to any direction by anyone because you have no leverage whatsoever.
    1) What is it that they do? What did they do that had a direct repercussion on us security wise? We keep saying HA does this and that, but since 2006, there was nothing that had a direct influence on us. Do you realize that Israel violates daily the U.N resolutions? So you want them to do nothing because of what the answer might be. The problem is that you guys are afraid of the U.S and its powers, that your only reasoning is that we should do what the U.S tells us in fear of sanctions, regardless if they are right or wrong.
    2) The President has spoken about this issue everywhere he went, and it has nothing to do with HA's weapons. This is a bargaining chip used by the U.S and its allies to keep pressure on the Lebanese. Who wants the refugees to go back and who doesn't? Who has been working since the start of the Syrian wars to deal with this crisis and who stood in his way?

V

Venomous Hummingbird II

1) What is it that they do? What did they do that had a direct repercussion on us security wise? We keep saying HA does this and that, but since 2006, there was nothing that had a direct influence on us. Do you realize that Israel violates daily the U.N resolutions? So you want them to do nothing because of what the answer might be. The problem is that you guys are afraid of the U.S and its powers, that your only reasoning is that we should do what the U.S tells us in fear of sanctions, regardless if they are right or wrong.
    2) The President has spoken about this issue everywhere he went, and it has nothing to do with HA's weapons. This is a bargaining chip used by the U.S and its allies to keep pressure on the Lebanese. Who wants the refugees to go back and who doesn't? Who has been working since the start of the Syrian wars to deal with this crisis and who stood in his way?
    Ya 5ayye kif you don't care what they say? If a leader of a Sunni armed group in Lebanon came out and said marja3ite Al Saoud, would you let it slide?

Mnel ma3ebir ghayr el shar3iye, to their surveillance network inside Lebanese territories, to their military and intelligence might etc. Kif hek you let an armed group grow inside your midst to a lethal army more powerful than your national one w bet alle basita shou 3m y3mlo? And most importantly, they are a religious fundamentalist group. You're giving carte blanche to a group that will eventually uproot you but you're too blind in Aounist propaganda to see it.

I btw, highly respect Hezbollah. I don't agree with them but I respect. They built a well-oiled machine. They have created jobs for their people and make sure their birth rate is high so they can in the future dominate the country demographically even if HA is disarmed, and they're buying plenty of land in Mount Lebanon. FPM and LF on the other hand have no plan for the Christians other than wanting more power. HA have Aoun in their pocket. They bamboozled him in 2005 making him believe that they will be "Lebanonized" and the Liberation of Palestine will be dropped and promised him that they will help him reach the Presidency and they did. In return, he gave them complete protection in growing and expanding in the country to the point where they're more powerful than the LAF and can take over the country at will if they wanted to.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Tayyar9

Tayyar9

Legendary Member
    Ya 5ayye kif you don't care what they say? If a leader of a Sunni armed group in Lebanon came out and said marja3ite Al Saoud, would you let it slide?

Mnel ma3ebir ghayr el shar3iye, to their surveillance network inside Lebanese territories, to their military and intelligence might etc. Kif hek you let an armed group grow inside your midst to a lethal army more powerful than your national one w bet alle basita shou 3m y3mlo? And most importantly, they are a religious fundamentalist group. You're giving carte blanche to a group that will eventually uproot you but you're too blind in Aounist propaganda to see it.

I btw, highly respect Hezbollah. I don't agree with them but I respect. They built a well-oiled machine. They have created jobs for their people and make sure their birth rate is high so they can in the future dominate the country demographically even if HA is disarmed, and they're buying plenty of land in Mount Lebanon. FPM and LF on the other hand have no plan for the Christians other than wanting more power. HA have Aoun in their pocket. They bamboozled him in 2005 making him believe that they will be "Lebanonized" and the Liberation of Palestine will be dropped and promised him that they will help him reach the Presidency and they did. In return, he gave them complete protection in growing and expanding in the country to the point where they're more powerful than the LAF and can take over the country at will if they wanted to.
    Awal chi, they don't have to say it, that is the case. Every political party, aside from FPM, gets orders from outside. All of them. At least HA is upfront about their relations with Iran. So I am against all interventions, but I would be dreaming if I thought that was possible at the time being. And yes, I don't care what they say, I care about what the President does and says. Until now, I haven't seen any position that is against Lebanon, on the contrary, all his positions and all his speeches byerfa3o l rass. But the problem is that no one even cares.
    Second, is it Aoun who gave HA all this power ya khaye? HA was here and their weapons were here before Aoun. Aoun, with his understanding with HA, tried to at least find some common ground with them, and invited everyone to participate in it to find a solution. The others on the other hand were kissing HA's ass and then back stabbed them.