Announcements Do you think the Orange Room affected the elections results in any way?

Do you think the Orange Room affected the elections results?

• Yes

• No

• Dont Know

Results are only viewable after voting.
Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
How about the new members, did the oroom influence ur decisions for the elections?

Did u find new ideas or evidence that changed ur mind?

Share your experiences with us and tell abt this journey you went through.

• Advertisement
  • Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    @Jo some people ran multi-million dollar campaigns, and did not even reach three thousand votes, making the average cost of every vote they have gotten beyond absurd, it could have easily reached 3000$ per vote if you take the whole campaign into perspective.

so if you want to put a dollar figure to the influence that oroom could have exercised, the number could be very surprising.

Apostate

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    No it didn't affect election results in anyway, and that is not because the Oroom isn't an amazing platform (it is, im here :D ), but because the Lebanese people in general are brainwashed and they won't change their pre-set opinions.

Probably at most it could have affected some individuals opinions, but not in mass.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    I answered I don't know because well I don't know lol! however you definitely have some influence Joseph over some random individual somewhere who has read your posts and thought huh this Joseph has a point Gebran Bassil is definitely not qawi :p!
    Yeah I like the Bassil Not Qawi slogan :) I enjoy it lol
    In the same tradition I named the new Bloc: the BassilNotQawi Bloc :)

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I voted yes, because this is considered a media platform and all media platforms influence results of an election even indirectly.

Having said that, I think the influence was very minor and even negligible, i.e. not enough to change results and swing them in a different direction.

Red Phoenix

Red Phoenix

Legendary Member
    I wish

But no

Otherwise i would be wrong

And im a lebanese

Im never wrong

L

La Blague

I voted no, but changed my mind now :
    I’m certain LVV made Roukoz and Abi Ramia lose votes

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I think that to some extent, precisely internally among FPM voters, there could have been some affect in the sense that spacecreature talked about. But Seeing the debates and endless discussions with non-FPMers, it is obvious that none of them even came close to changing his mind regarding who they'd vote for.
    Take for example manifesto, he eventually decided not to vote at all. Although he is totally free to do as he sees fit, i couldn't understand his choice to be honest.
    That being said, I would definitely say that the Oroom was one of the major sources of news, analysis and updates for jounos/observers/partisans/activists and what not.

Btw, mabrouk Jo and thank you Oroom!
    Man, make sure to mention me next time. (add a "@" before my nickname) I like to know who is talking behind my back :p

Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    during 15 years in writing in all media outlets
    oroom changed in politics adon kelon

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Honestly, the more time I spend on Oroom the more motivated I feel to vote for Kulluna Watani in the upcoming elections.
    So yes, I do think the forum affects the elections in a way or another. (probably not in the way you are expecting, though) LOL

NiceV

NiceV

It did influence the elections in a very limited way
    We have thousands of visitors
    Not members
    So yes a limited influence