Does anyone still believe in the "Resistance"? Why not full peace with Israel?

George_Wallace

George_Wallace

Is there seriously any point to the so-called "resistance" (that's conduction raids in Syria and Yemen right now) against Israel, if the State of Israel is 100x more powerful than Lebanon and Hezbollah combined?

Israel has about 400 nukes, according to the most conservative estimates. Even without using nukes, if the IDF wants to, they can reach Akkar by tomorrow evening.
They can shell Lebanon without any international repercussions. The USA will always veto an anti-Israel condemnation in the UN.
Their country has a higher GDP, better infrastructure, safety, and performs more in literally every tangible economic metric.

Anyone who is not totally deluded will admit that the "Resistance" does not even amount to peanuts compared to the IDF. So my question is: why delegitimize the existence of the State, defy the Document of National Accord (calling for the disarming of ALL militias), endanger the general safety of the Lebanese people (2006 War, which was never approved by the President or the Cabinet), and bring international disrepute to Lebanon (Hezbollah is viewed as a terrorist organization by every Western country) JUST to have a "resistance" which totals nothing more than a minor nuisance to Israel?

My proposal would be the following:

1. The declaration of total, comprehensive, and lasting peace with Israel. Detente at the border, ending the State of War, and abolishing the UNIFIL mandate.
2. Ending the Lebanese-Arab boycott on Israel.
3. The opening of the Southern border with Israel.
4. The establishment of free and fair bilateral trade deals between the two countries.
5. The opening of maritime and air space to Israeli vehicles (and reciprocity with Lebanese vehicles).
6. The end on the ban on a) Lebanese visiting Israel, b) Israelis from Lebanon, and c) foreigners who have an Israeli stamp on their passport.
7. As specified in the Document of National Accord:

a. The complete disarmament of Hezbollah.
b. The deployment of the army south of the Litani river and at the UN 2000 Blue Line.
c. The prohibition on cross border attacks.

8. Relating to the Palestinian refugee camps and the defunct Cairo Accord:

a. Establishment of a transition plan where all of the Palestinian refugees will be returned to the homeland of their choice: Israel (should the State permit it), the West Bank, or the Gaza Strip. This shall be done with Israeli funds.
b. Entering into full diplomatic relations with Israel and Palestine. Open embassies in both states.
c. Adopt an independent, Lebanese, non-Arab foreign policy with regards to the Israeli-Palestine conflict. The Lebanese people owe nothing to the Palestinians, and they should not be expected to be partial in any way.

-----

Entering into full and lasting peace with Israel, along with good diplomatic relations, who bring numerous benefits to Lebanon. Those include not having a hostile paramiliteraly group in the country, not worrying about a constant state of war, and being able to travel to the South of the country in peace. This would even be beneficial to the Shi'as, as they would no longer be getting constantly bombarded from Israel in their villages.

Thoughts? As President of the Republic, Michel Aoun could (in theory, that is if Hezbollah doesn't Rafiq Hariri him) do this, given his powers of international treaties (except the part relating to trading).

• Advertisement
  • Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Is there seriously any point to the so-called "resistance" (that's conduction raids in Syria and Yemen right now) against Israel, if the State of Israel is 100x more powerful than Lebanon and Hezbollah combined?

Israel has about 400 nukes, according to the most conservative estimates. Even without using nukes, if the IDF wants to, they can reach Akkar by tomorrow evening.
    They can shell Lebanon without any international repercussions. The USA will always veto an anti-Israel condemnation in the UN.
    Their country has a higher GDP, better infrastructure, safety, and performs more in literally every tangible economic metric.

Anyone who is not totally deluded will admit that the "Resistance" does not even amount to peanuts compared to the IDF. So my question is: why delegitimize the existence of the State, defy the Document of National Accord (calling for the disarming of ALL militias), endanger the general safety of the Lebanese people (2006 War, which was never approved by the President or the Cabinet), and bring international disrepute to Lebanon (Hezbollah is viewed as a terrorist organization by every Western country) JUST to have a "resistance" which totals nothing more than a minor nuisance to Israel?

1. The declaration of total, comprehensive, and lasting peace with Israel. Detente at the border, ending the State of War, and abolishing the UNIFIL mandate.
    4. The establishment of free and fair bilateral trade deals between the two countries.
    5. The opening of maritime and air space to Israeli vehicles (and reciprocity with Lebanese vehicles).
    6. The end on the ban on a) Lebanese visiting Israel, b) Israelis from Lebanon, and c) foreigners who have an Israeli stamp on their passport.

b. The deployment of the army south of the Litani river and at the UN 2000 Blue Line.

a. Establishment of a transition plan where all of the Palestinian refugees will be returned to the homeland of their choice: Israel (should the State permit it), the West Bank, or the Gaza Strip. This shall be done with Israeli funds.
    b. Entering into full diplomatic relations with Israel and Palestine. Open embassies in both states.
    c. Adopt an independent, Lebanese, non-Arab foreign policy with regards to the Israeli-Palestine conflict. The Lebanese people owe nothing to the Palestinians, and they should not be expected to be partial in any way.

-----

Entering into full and lasting peace with Israel, along with good diplomatic relations, who bring numerous benefits to Lebanon. Those include not having a hostile paramiliteraly group in the country, not worrying about a constant state of war, and being able to travel to the South of the country in peace. This would even be beneficial to the Shi'as, as they would no longer be getting constantly bombarded from Israel in their villages.

Thoughts? As President of the Republic, Michel Aoun could (in theory, that is if Hezbollah doesn't Rafiq Hariri him) do this, given his powers of international treaties (except the part relating to trading).
    if only you know about the constitutional powers of the president as much as you know about the might of israel. why is that do you think?
    @Muki , what do you think? we have another hasbara troll on our hands? :)

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Orange Room Supporter
    Returning the refugees will never happen. They don't need Lebanese permission. Peace between the Palestinians and Israel already exists.

Wake up ? And change your name to slave to David in lieu of hares elarz..

Lebanese-Nationalist

Lebanese-Nationalist

if only you know about the constitutional powers of the president as much as you know about the might of israel. why is that do you think?
    Yeah, because endless wars for no gain are for the benefit of Lebanon.

It's good to know you're happy being a pawn of foreign powers to settle their vendettas with Israel.

Lebanese-Nationalist

Lebanese-Nationalist

-----

You're assuming that the Lebanese will actually go along with this.

This is a country of sheep and "za2eefe". A large portion of the population is happy to be the pawns of Iran in this game and chant "death to Israel".

Hell, even a large portion of the Christians have been brainwashed into believing that Israel somehow represents a threat to their existence. You can thank the FPM for this little gem.

Plus, the moment President Michel Aoun announces any sane policy regarding the State of Israel, the takhween brigades will be out in full force. I even wouldn't rule out assassination.

Lebanese-Nationalist

Lebanese-Nationalist

Returning the refugees will never happen. They don't need Lebanese permission. Peace between the Palestinians and Israel already exists.

The "takhween" brigades are out in full force.

Enjoy your endless pointless wars.

George_Wallace

George_Wallace

Lmao what? Everything I've said about the constitutional powers of the president is correct. Please read Article 54 of the constitution if you don't believe me.

Regarding Israel, it's well documented that they have over 400 nukes. Google "Israel nukes", and the first 20 results are all credible sources stating they do have nukes. So I'm not sure what your point is....

George_Wallace

George_Wallace

So anyone that's against having a pan-arab foreign policy is slave to the jews?

Rock solid argument there. 100%. You destroyed me.

And I'm not talking about Lebanese PERMISSION. I'm saying they have to go back. It's not a choice. They have no right to be on this land.

George_Wallace

George_Wallace

This is a country of sheep and "za2eefe". A large portion of the population is happy to be the pawns of Iran in this game and chant "death to Israel".

Hell, even a large portion of the Christians have been brainwashed into believing that Israel somehow represents a threat to their existence. You can thank the FPM for this little gem.

Plus, the moment President Michel Aoun announces any sane policy regarding the State of Israel, the takhween brigades will be out in full force. I even wouldn't rule out assassination.
    True, but it's getting pathetic at this point. You'd think that in the country with the fairest "free press" in the Middle East, the population wouldn't get brainwashed by an Islamic Republic that's funding an active paramilitary (read terrorist) group.

I mean Michel Aoun literally turned his entire stance around: before Taef: anti-Syria. After Taef: why not travel to Damascus and shake hands with Mr. Bashar, a few days before the 2009 election?

--

For the sunnis: I get that they wanna increase their demographic weight with the Palestinians, but that's still no excuse for flooding Lebanon with an alien population.
    The Shiites: peace is completely in their interest since they live in a constant state of on-and-off war..
    The Christians: any Christian who hates Israel probably has some nerves busted or supported the NLM, in which case they're just autistic.

Frisbeetarian

Frisbeetarian

Yes why not have peace with a colonialist, militaristic, exploitative and murderous apartheid nation. We'll have peace when we defeat the Israeli military, not a second sooner.

Omeros

Omeros

Yes why not have peace with a colonialist, militaristic, exploitative and murderous apartheid nation. We'll have peace when we defeat the Israeli military, not a second sooner.
    Ma fhemet... Kif yaane

Omeros

Omeros

True, but it's getting pathetic at this point. You'd think that in the country with the fairest "free press" in the Middle East, the population wouldn't get brainwashed by an Islamic Republic that's funding an active paramilitary (read terrorist) group.

I mean Michel Aoun literally turned his entire stance around: before Taef: anti-Syria. After Taef: why not travel to Damascus and shake hands with Mr. Bashar, a few days before the 2009 election?

--

For the sunnis: I get that they wanna increase their demographic weight with the Palestinians, but that's still no excuse for flooding Lebanon with an alien population.
    The Shiites: peace is completely in their interest since they live in a constant state of on-and-off war..
    The Christians: any Christian who hates Israel probably has some nerves busted or supported the NLM, in which case they're just autistic.
    Creative ... Tel us bout jerusalem the capital of Israel... How ull solve it with ur proposal ...

Omeros

Omeros

So anyone that's against having a pan-arab foreign policy is slave to the jews?

Rock solid argument there. 100%. You destroyed me.

And I'm not talking about Lebanese PERMISSION. I'm saying they have to go back. It's not a choice. They have no right to be on this land.
    Jews ... Are Zionists ?

Omeros

Omeros

Lmao what? Everything I've said about the constitutional powers of the president is correct. Please read Article 54 of the constitution if you don't believe me.

Regarding Israel, it's well documented that they have over 400 nukes. Google "Israel nukes", and the first 20 results are all credible sources stating they do have nukes. So I'm not sure what your point is....
    Do u think we will have ambassadors in ur state? I mean ull apply federalism aren't u ?

Omeros

Omeros

What about the dead ppl... are they criminals or victims . martyrs or victims

walidos

walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

-----

Don’t you think someone already proposed something like this? Israel refuses this kind of deals... #smart_ass