Does labelling HA, his members, his supporters or his martyrs, as terrorists, break Lebanon's laws?

Does labelling HA, his members, his supporters or his martyrs, as terrorists, break Lebanon's laws?

• Total voters
agnostic

agnostic

Copying some educative posts of Maître @elias-aj I can confidently write the following.

There are unfortunately more and more people who think they can get rid of what they consider being unlawful restrictions whereas these restrictions are set up to maintain peace and civility in a society. Thus in a sectarian country like Lebanon respecting laws' restrictions is an essential to maintain the ta3ayosh contract between the Lebanese communities.

There's a difference between voicing an opinion against anyone, and insulting him. Insulting someone is not protected under free speech. So no, one can't freely insult any person in public, whether his neighbour, a politician, a tv commentator...

Example : one can say publicly that Hezbollah is a terrible group, that he's the worst ever, that his policies and militari actions are bad useless etc. etc. etc. But he can't, publicly, use insults against Hezbollah his leadership, members, supporters or martyrs.

Back to the main question in this thread : Does labelling Hezbollah as terrorist break Lebanon's laws?

If we rely to what is said above, yes it breaks the laws since Hezbollah and his hardcore supporters who represent more or less 40 percent of the Lebanese, are not considered terrorist following Lebanon's laws. There are both defamation and insult by labelling them as terrorists.

Added to that, too many Lebanese Shias have been hunted, spoiled, imprisoned and killed, just for expressing their support to Hezbollah or even just for being Shias, under the excuse of supporting a terrorist group.

Finally I reiterate that people in this forum can always expose their opinions what ever these opinions may be in an intelligent and respectful manner, without breaking Lebanon's laws.

• Advertisement
  • agnostic

agnostic

Do you want a poll added and what are its options?
    Thank you @Jo .
    A ta3ayosh contract is not about democracy, as some Salafis and Ikhwan argue to justify their killing and mistreatment of minorities in the name of democracy. Nevertherss, I don't mind that you add a poll and I trust you to fix the options. I only ask you that the poll be public (votes are not secret), ans also that people be allowed to change their vote.

Reactions: Jo
    Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    Thank you @Jo .
    A ta3ayosh contract is not about democracy, as some Salafis and Ikhwan argue to justify their killing and mistreatment of minorities in the name of democracy. Nevertherss, I don't mind that you add a poll and I trust you to fix the options. I only ask you that the poll be public (votes are not secret), ans also that people be allowed to change their vote.
    Done. Let me know if you want to change anything

agnostic

agnostic

Done. Let me know if you want to change anything
    I think that option 1 "Yes all of them" would better suit the question if replaced by "Yes any of them". But I am not sure of my English.

Reactions: Jo
    D

dyyyy

Copying some educative posts of Maître @elias-aj I can confidently write the following.

There are unfortunately more and more people who think they can get rid of what they consider being unlawful restrictions whereas these restrictions are set up to maintain peace and civility in a society. Thus in a sectarian country like Lebanon respecting laws' restrictions is an essential to maintain the ta3ayosh contract between the Lebanese communities.

There's a difference between voicing an opinion against anyone, and insulting him. Insulting someone is not protected under free speech. So no, one can't freely insult any person in public, whether his neighbour, a politician, a tv commentator...

Example : one can say publicly that Hezbollah is a terrible group, that he's the worst ever, that his policies and militari actions are bad useless etc. etc. etc. But he can't, publicly, use insults against Hezbollah his leadership, members, supporters or martyrs.

Back to the main question in this thread : Does labelling Hezbollah as terrorist break Lebanon's laws?

If we rely to what is said above, yes it breaks the laws since Hezbollah and his hardcore supporters who represent more or less 40 percent of the Lebanese, are not considered terrorist following Lebanon's laws. There are both defamation and insult by labelling them as terrorists.

Added to that, too many Lebanese Shias have been hunted, spoiled, imprisoned and killed, just for expressing their support to Hezbollah or even just for being Shias, under the excuse of supporting a terrorist group.

Finally I reiterate that people in this forum can always expose their opinions what ever these opinions may be in an intelligent and respectful manner, without breaking Lebanon's laws.
    I personally don't think of HA as a terrorist group, but if we open this door, can how can we call other other islamists terrorists ?
    2 points
    - The law shouldn't protect the majority, on the contrary it should protect the minorities.
    - It's bad practice to always link freedom of speech with civil war, because then you can't say anything, people should start to get used to the fact that politics involves hard critisism, and it's is the state (LFA and ISF) responsability to ensure the stability of the country

agnostic

agnostic

I personally don't think of HA as a terrorist group, but if we open this door, can how can we call other other islamists terrorists ?
    2 points
    - The law shouldn't protect the majority, on the contrary it should protect the minorities.
    - It's bad practice to always link freedom of speech with civil war, because then you can't say anything, people should start to get used to the fact that politics involves hard critisism, and it's is the state (LFA and ISF) responsability to ensure the stability of the country
    I am not asking to change Lebanon's laws.
    From a legal point of view, as it is now, does someone break the laws if he labels me terrorist because of my affiliation to HA.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member

Does @Jo think members calling the most popular Lebanese party a "terrorist group" amount to an insult, and even an assault, or not? Does this question really need a poll for moderators to act appropriately? This forum at some staged has turned into a platform for praising Israehell, and even for some members to call on Israehell to attack Lebanese people, while the moderators turned a blind eye. I dont want to open an argument with @Jo but you have to act in a Lebanese way. This is a virtual platform. Nonetheless, we can't behave as if the platform is about Antarctica and not focused on Lebanese issues and political life.

D

dyyyy

I am not asking to change Lebanon's laws.
    From a legal point of view, as it is now, does someone break the laws if he labels me terrorist because of my affiliation to HA.
    As a person, the law protects against defamation. As a political party I don't think there's a law for it. ma ba3ref we need a lawyer

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    Which laws? so we can read them and assess, and answer.
    This is a very good question.

Actually, it is the absence of a law designating Hezballah as a terrorist group in Lebanon that is of focus. Not the presence of any law to be broken. When you label someone or some group "terrorist", you are either taking the law into your hand or you are just issuing a defamation. A defamation can be considered illegal.

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    Does @Jo think members calling the most popular Lebanese party a "terrorist group" amount to an insult, and even an assault, or not? Does this question really need a poll for moderators to act appropriately? This forum at some staged has turned into a platform for praising Israehell, and even for some members to call on Israehell to attack Lebanese people, while the moderators turned a blind eye. I dont want to open an argument with @Jo but you have to act in a Lebanese way. This is a virtual platform. Nonetheless, we can't behave as if the platform is about Antarctica and not focused on Lebanese issues and political life.
    What you fail to see is that Lebanon is not only HA. Sadly, the Lebanese composition is a complex and diverse one, we do have many opinions about a lot of subjects and HA is one of them. This forum is a voice for all opinions.

agnostic

agnostic

As a person, the law protects against defamation. As a political party I don't think there's a law for it. ma ba3ref we need a lawyer
    Defamation and also insults (injures in French).
    IMHO, when you insult a political party you are at least insulting its leadership.
    And when I say Nosra Front is terrorist based on Lebanon's laws that labelled Nosra Front as terrorist, doesn't it imply that Nosra members are terrorists, and that those who support it support terrorism which is shameful.

Regarding Lebanon's laws HA is not terrorist. Period.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    What you fail to see is that Lebanon is not only HA. Sadly, the Lebanese composition is a complex and diverse one, we do have many opinions about a lot of subjects and HA is one of them. This forum is a voice for all opinions.
    To the extent that a Zionist hasbara troll became a moderator on this forum? And thankfully, this same troll ended up insulting the president. That was when you guys woke up to his reality.

I am not saying anyone should be censored. But when someone is repeating the same words like "crusader", " terrorist" etc. in every sentence, it calls for action. And the fact is on the very premise that Lebanon is diverse is what I am using to tell you that it is wrong to call other Lebanese "terrorists". You can't call Lebanese that are in your parliament and govt "terrorists". On the same premise that Lebanon is diverse, we must accept one another. We aren't the ones calling others "terrorists" for you to use the diversity card against us. It is others that need to realize that Lebanon is diverse and accept us as Lebanese and not see us as "terrorists", the way the enemy sees us. I am disappointed that I need to explain these things to you, the administrator of a popular Lebanese online forum.

agnostic

agnostic

The applied moderation prove that not all opinions are allowed. And in all cases one can always voice his opinion without breaking the laws.

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    To the extent that a Zionist hasbara troll became a moderator on this forum? And thankfully, this same troll ended up insulting the president. That was when you guys woke up to his reality.

I am not saying anyone should be censored. But when someone is repeating the same words like "crusader", " terrorist" etc. in every sentence, it calls for action. And the fact is on the very premise that Lebanon is diverse is what I am using to tell you that it is wrong to call other Lebanese "terrorists". You can't call Lebanese that are in your parliament and govt "terrorists". On the same premise that there are Lebanon is diverse, we must accept one another. We aren't the ones calling others "terrorists" for you to use the diversity card against us. It is others that need to realize that Lebanon is diverse. I am disappointed that I need to explain these things to you, the administrator of a popular Lebanese online forum.
    I totally understand what you are saying - but you are saying from your POV.

Reminder that the people calling HA a terrorist are also represented in the parliament, thats how complex the Lebanese composition is.

That being said, i do not agree that HA is a terrorist organization but the fact remains that US and other countries did label it as such. I cannot ignore this fact although i do not agree with it.

agnostic

agnostic

@Lebmonage
    Do you have time to write a legal report on the question? If your study eventually confirms that it is illegal indicate the infractions and their punishments.

Last edited:
    agnostic

agnostic

That being said, i do not agree that HA is a terrorist organization but the fact remains that US and other countries did label it as such. I cannot ignore this fact although i do not agree with it.
    It is not about your opinion @Jo. And It is not a secret how USA labels HA. But this doesn't give you or anyone else in Lebanon to insult me and label me terrorist.

PS: Don't forum rules state that Lebanon's laws should be respected?

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    But this doesn't give you or anyone else in Lebanon to insult me and label me terrorist.
    I never insulted you nor labeled you as terrorist. The forum is not a newspaper nor a TV station, the forum is a platform for members to voice their opinion.