Does the FPM as a Party Want Peace with Israehell

Peace agreement with Israel?

• I am an FPMer and I am undecided on peace agreement with Israel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
Can you clarify further what conditions you think can be met and which might not and why you think we would get reparations? On what basis do you justify your line of thinking?
All of what @SeaAb suggested have precedents minus the refugee problem.
Mind you for negotiations I would send you first with all your demands under the sun and then make concessions to get back to @SeaAb’s line

• Advertisement
  • Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    We give up @AtheistForJesus.

What do you expect them to ask for?
    Oh i thought that would be a demand not a concession :lol:

I think "price of doing business" would be a special agreement on Shebaa between Syria, Lebanon and Israel as a DMZ managed by one of the 3.
    Naturalisation for a restricted number of palestinians volunteers and the rest go back or leave.
    Maritime and land border would be the blue line. Not saying what i would support but that is what i see as a realistic endpoint of any talks

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    First of all, i am not an FPM cardholder, I'm a supporter.
    No one can be sure if Israel, with its current right wing government, is willing to sign a just peace treaty with Lebanon. Lebanon, on the other hand, should have its conditions set and always willing to negotiate in good faith.

1. Palestinian refugees to be relocated to Israel or any other country.
    2. Peace-keeping forces on both sides of the border for a set number of years.
    3. Agreement on land and water borders - with the immediate return of our occupied lands.
    4. Gradual handover of HA weapons to the state - heavy weapons and missiles after 5-10 years.
    5. Funding to arm our LAF with sophisticated weaponry.
    If Israehell would meet these terms you stated above, trust me, it will also agree on the same terms with the Palestinians and make big concessions for the sake of peace. But it will never agree to. A thief with a gun to your head will seek to take more and not give you anything. Both Jordan and Egypt are bigger than Lebanon and Palestine in terms of landmass. Also, their borders could easily be drawn or determined. In our case, we are smaller and we cant afford to compromise on territorial control. Also, Palestinian refugees were not a problem for Jordan and Egypt. Both Egypt and Jordan are around 85 to 90% Sunni. Lebanon is very diverse and absorbing the Palestinians, aside from the economic strain, will knock our sectarian balance and cause major political, cultural and historical changes we cant afford and will never agree to.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    All of what @SeaAb suggested have precedents minus the refugee problem.
    Mind you for negotiations I would send you first with all your demands under the sun and then make concessions to get back to @SeaAb’s line
    I do not really understand your post.

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin

I think "price of doing business" would be a special agreement on Shebaa between Syria, Lebanon and Israel as a DMZ managed by one of the 3.
    Naturalisation for a restricted number of palestinians volunteers and the rest go back or leave.
    Maritime and land border would be the blue line. Not saying what i would support but that is what i see as a realistic endpoint of any talks
    HA weapons are a big headache for Israel. If we stick to our demands we can probably get most of them. I don't see a reason to make concessions.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    HA weapons are a big headache for Israel. If we stick to our demands we can probably get most of them. I don't see a reason to make concessions.
    I see it more as a "raison d'être" for the right wing side of israel that reeps the benefits of a big scary bad guy. Israel needs HA to be scary as much as HA needs Israel to be scary.

That is the status quo of the political system that currently exists.

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    If Israehell would meet these terms you stated above, trust me, it will also agree on the same terms with the Palestinians and make big concessions for the sake of peace. But it will never agree to. A thief with a gun to your head will seek to take more and not give you anything. Both Jordan and Egypt are bigger than Lebanon and Palestine in terms of landmass. Also, their borders could easily be drawn or determined. In our case, we are smaller and we cant afford to compromise on territorial control. Also, Palestinian refugees were not a problem for Jordan and Egypt. Both Egypt and Jordan are around 85 to 90% Sunni. Lebanon is very diverse and absorbing the Palestinians, aside from the economic strain, will knock our sectarian balance and cause major political, cultural and historical changes we cant afford and will never agree to.
    Make your demands known and lets them reject the calls for peace. That's the smart way to go about it and not just yell "We will never accept a peace treat with the zionists, no matter what"..

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    I see it more as a "raison d'être" for the right wing side of israel that reeps the benefits of a big scary bad guy. Israel needs HA to be scary as much as HA needs Israel to be scary.

That is the status quo of the political system that currently exists.
    I agree but, when more calls for peace come from us, that gives the more moderate voices in Israel a platform to run on. All they see now is extremist talk.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Make your demands known and lets them reject the calls for peace. That's the smart way to go about it and not just yell "We will never accept a peace treat with the zionists, no matter what"..
    I have already stated my points and reasons why I reject peace with Israehell. Read my first reply to @Mrsrx It isnt a case of "no matter what". There are national interests and also humanitarian principles. I do not want my country to have relations or formal peace with an apartheid regime, aside the fact that we have national interests which Israehell wont respect and will not want to make compromises to protect or respect.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    I agree but, when more calls for peace come from us, that gives the more moderate voices in Israel a platform to run on. All they see now is extremist talk.
    If there are "moderates" Israehell to a reasonable percentage , why dont they insist for a one state solution where they live side by side with Palestinians as equal citizens? Why dont they show their humanity to the Palestinians, especially that they have rendered Palestinians homeless and stateless?

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    I have already stated my points and reasons why I reject peace with Israehell. Read my first reply to @Mrsrx It isnt a case of "no matter what". There are national interests and also humanitarian principles. I do not want my country to have relations or formal peace with an apartheid regime, aside the fact that we have national interests which Israehell wont respect and will not want to make compromises to protect or respect.
    The regime in KSA shi raw3a la2an? Let's break ties with them kamen.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member

There is no naturalisation that would be acceptable. There is nothing like "limiter numbers". What do you regard as "limited numbers"?

CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    I do not really understand your post.
    First part is that all of what @SeaAb has listed has precedents, it happened in other peace deals with Israel and others so yes they are realistic.

The second part simply says that walking in the negotiations I would ask for much more and settle for what I really want. Similar to sending you first to negotiate and then sending SeaAb to concede your demands and agree on what he outlined.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    The regime in KSA shi raw3a la2an? Let's break ties with them kamen.
    The regime in KSA is not raw3a but there is no systemic or institutionalized racism or apartheid. The regime in KSA is power hungry. Give it bay3a and you are fine. It is a totalitarian regime. In Israehell's case, certain people are not to be accepted and treated as citizens at all. in KSA, it isnt a case also of White colonialist settlers using religion to grab land and impose their will. The apartheid regime in Israehell and apartheid South Africa are same. The reason apartheid Israheell was the only country that recognized apartheid South Africa and even sold them nuclear weapons.

Last edited:
    CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    The regime in KSA is not raw3a but there is no systemic or institutionalized racism or apartheid. The regime in KSA is power hungry. Give it bay3a and you are fine. It is a totalitarian regime. In Israehell's case, certain people are not to be accepted and treated as citizens at all. in KSA, it isnt a case also of White colonialist settlers using religion to grab land and impose their will. The apartheid regime in Israehell and apartheid South Africa are same. The reason apartheid Israheell was the only country that recognized apartheid South Africa and even sold them nuclear weapons.
    And how does that affect Lebanese interests?

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    And how does that affect Lebanese interests?
    For the same reasons Lebanon and the world boycotted apartheid South Africa. And in the case of the Palestinians, they are our brothers and we share with them similar ethnic, racial and cultural origins.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    @SeaAb

Does MoU touch on this topic? What does it say?