Does the FPM as a Party Want Peace with Israehell

Peace agreement with Israel?

• I am an FPMer and I am undecided on peace agreement with Israel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
No mention of a peace treaty or negotiations...It talks about the resistance right to liberate our land. hek shi...
That means peace with the apartheid regime is out of the equation.

• Advertisement
  • Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    I think this thread is necessary due to the views of many FPMers on this forum, and also, due to the fact that this forum, which at a time used to be officially an FPM platform, plays host to Zionist Hasbara trolls, who often times spread Zionist propaganda and anti Lebanese narratives, and they have been given space under the umbrella of freedom of speech. Therefore, I want FPMers to express themselves freely, especially that they can do so incognito. Does the FPM and do FPMers want peace agreement between Lebanon and Israehell?

If you support peace agreement with Israehell, why or why not?

Is there a consensus on this within the FPM as a party?

What is the official stance of the FPM and where does the MoU with Hezballah come into play?

Do you think Israehell will agree to anything not inclusive of Tawteen or naturalisation of Palestinian refugees in Lebanon?

What of disputed borders, both sea and land and Israehell's drive to steal our oil and gas wealth in the sea by encroaching? How would that be solved?

What of remaining occupied lands like the Shebaa farms, the Kfar Shooba hills, Ghajar and the seven villages?

What of violations of our airspace and land?

What are the guarantees Israehell wont invade us in future?
    shou ostak feyi3 bfard faw3a? ma32oul hayda kellou sheghlak? shi 10 hreads w 1000 posts in 24 hours?

Apostate

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    To answer the thread's title - Gebran Bassil has publicly stated before that, and I'm quoting, "Israel has the right to have security".
    In other words: Peace.

The real question is, do other factions in Lebanon want peace? does Israel want peace?
    As far as what is publicly stated, for example, HA isn't really aiming for peace. They want to exterminate Israel and liberate Jerusalem.
    Good luck fighting Israel with an empty stomach.

Personally, as a Lebanese citizen, I want peace with conditions that end at our borders. Couldn't care less about what happens beyond our borders.
    Therefore, any deal that includes the resettlement of palestinian refugees outside of Lebanon and the withdrawal of Israeli occupation from every last inch of our land with fair marking of land and maritime borders, is welcomed in my book.

If the Islamic world wants to keep fighting Israel, be my guest. You have plenty of other borders to operate from.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    You said baddak tmasse7 *** bil MOU. Mne3mol ghayra. :cigar:
    If it becomes the reason for FPMers to keep instigating inter Shia strife, then better to put the MoU aside, so we know we dont owe you any obligations. Let's not drift into off topic and let us not continue that discussion here.

But it is good for the MoU to be preserved and even improved, not abolished and not suspended. So on that basis I was asking what is the stance of the MoU on our current topic.

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    If it becomes the reason for FPMers to keep instigating inter Shia strife, then better to put the MoU aside, so we know we dont owe you any obligations. Let's not drift into off topic and let us not continue that discussion here.

But it is good for the MoU to be preserved and even improved, not abolished and not suspended. So on that basis I was asking what is the stance of the MoU on our current topic.
    No stance. w if it were up to me ken taret l MOU years ago. Khaleena bil peace treaty with Israel, 2ahyan. :cigar:

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Personally, as a Lebanese citizen, I want peace with conditions that end at our borders. Couldn't care less about what happens beyond our borders.
    Therefore, any deal that includes the resettlement of palestinian refugees outside of Lebanon and the withdrawal of Israeli occupation from every last inch of our land with fair marking of land and maritime borders, is welcomed in my book.
    Do you honestly believe this is gonna happen in our lifetime? Be more realistic.
    Palestinian refugees live in appalling conditions. It's time we allowed them some dignity instead of treating them like second-class citizens under the pretext of keeping their cause alive. Palestinians living in Israel are treated much better.

I think the West would be willing to resettle them if we can guarantee that Hizbullah won't attack Israel anymore.
    They can go to Canada or the USA. They won't affect the demographic balance.

Apostate

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    Do you honestly believe this is gonna happen in our lifetime? Be more realistic.
    Palestinian refugees live in appalling conditions. It's time we allowed them some dignity instead of treating them like second-class citizens under the pretext of keeping their cause alive. Palestinians living in Israel are treated much better.
    I'm in favor of giving them their basic living rights, with or without the peace treaty with Israel. But that's not the topic of this thread.
    Ideally, yes I want the palestinian refugees resettled somewhere else. Kellon 180-200k left in Lebanon - big countries mara7 yghosso bhal numbers.

I think the West would be willing to resettle them if we can guarantee that Hizbullah won't attack Israel anymore.
    They can go to Canada or the USA. They won't affect the demographic balance.
    Speaking of being realistic...
    1. HA aims to destroy Israel
    2. HA controls Lebanon
    3. Good luck even negotiating peace or guaranteeing that HA won't attack Israel

CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    For the same reasons Lebanon and the world boycotted apartheid South Africa. And in the case of the Palestinians, they are our brothers and we share with them similar ethnic, racial and cultural origins.
    Boycott is one thing and a state of war is another.
    The Palestinians have all my sympathy compassion and support. But their interests are not mine, with the exception of the refugees in Lebanon.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member
    The regime in KSA is not raw3a but there is no systemic or institutionalized racism or apartheid. The regime in KSA is power hungry. Give it bay3a and you are fine. It is a totalitarian regime. In Israehell's case, certain people are not to be accepted and treated as citizens at all. in KSA, it isnt a case also of White colonialist settlers using religion to grab land and impose their will. The apartheid regime in Israehell and apartheid South Africa are same. The reason apartheid Israheell was the only country that recognized apartheid South Africa and even sold them nuclear weapons.

I thought you would be more compassionate with Shiias of KSA. This article does not reflect the whole situation but i have met a few in Europe and KSA does not treat them well. Yet we accept "friendly" relations with KSA as this is not a Lebanese problem.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Boycott is one thing a state of war is another.
    But it doesnt sound reasonable to say: Israehell, come let's make peace and make concessions to us but afterwards we'd make boycott with you till there'sa one state solution that is not apartheid. It seems many of you are out of touch with the reality that our country has been a party to this conflict from the onset in the 40s.

Mrsrx

Mrsrx

Somehow a Member
    Staff member

I thought you would be more compassionate with Shiias of KSA. This article does not reflect the whole situation but i have met a few in Europe and KSA does not treat them well. Yet we accept "friendly" relations with KSA as this is not a Lebanese problem.
    @Rafidi The point is that talking about horrible regimes and apartheid and segregation this is a part of the example of countries that have their own problems (similar to israel and palestine) that we have "friendly" relations with. This should not be a prerequisite.

(all that considering that women in KSA do not live under apartheid slavery like conditions...yet as a nation we accept it)

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member

I dont want to go in depth into this discussion. It will drift the topic. But I'd reply in a way to stay on topic.

Whether Shia or Wahhabi, al Saud themselves belong to the Arabian peninsula. It's an internal issue. Of course, I do sympathize with the Shia in Saudi and Bahrain. But that doesnt mean al Saud cant make amends or cant improve or that I am supporting them to oppress my fellow Shias. But still I don't believe you can compare Saudi Arabia to Israehell. Israehell is completely alien to our region with an imported population. Even at that, I believe even Israehell can make amends and do what is right in a peaceful way to end this conflict with Palestinians and also with it's environment. I stated that a one state solution where all the people of Palestine live together with equal rights in a democratic state is what I would like to see.

CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    But it doesnt sound reasonable to say: Israehell, come let's make peace and make concessions to us but afterwards we'd make boycott with you till there'sa one state solution that is not apartheid. It seems many of you are out of touch with the reality that our country has been a party to this conflict from the onset in the 40s.
    I added to the post to further explain you may want to re-read
    I don’t want to add purely Palestinian interests in a Lebanese-Israeli peace deal, you do. Make one wonder who’s out of touch. We, Lebanese, paid much more than our dues in blood, sweat and tears to the Palestinian cause, more than any other country in the world for that matter Arab or not. At the end of the day, Lebanese interests are my priority and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict outside of the refugees does not fit that category for me to be at war. Going at war for somebody else’s interests is... pretty much out of touch with reality.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    I added to the post to further explain you may want to re-read
    I don’t want to add purely Palestinian interests in a Lebanese-Israeli peace deal, you do. Make one wonder who’s out of touch. We, Lebanese, paid much more than our dues in blood, sweat and tears to the Palestinian cause, more than any other country in the world for that matter Arab or not. At the end of the day, Lebanese interests are my priority and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict outside of the refugees does not fit that category for me to be at war. Going at war for somebody else’s interests is... pretty much out of touch with reality.
    I dont think either we should go to war to "fight for or on behalf of Palestinians". The Palestinians are capable of defending themselves when that is needed. We have sacrificed a lot. Isolating Israehell is part of moral support for Palestinians. And since we are already in the conflict, having a peace agreement with Israehell would legitimize their occupation, illegal settlements and their apartheid regime. I believe they should put an end to their apartheid regime and form a one state that is democratic for all. Other countries should boycott Israehell.

CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    I dont think either we should go to war to "fight for or on behalf of Palestinians". The Palestinians are capable of defending themselves when that is needed. We have sacrificed a lot. Isolating Israehell is part of moral support for Palestinians. And since we are already in the conflict, having a peace agreement with Israehell would legitimize their occupation, illegal settlements and their apartheid regime. I believe they should put an end to their apartheid regime and form a one state that is democratic for all. Other countries should boycott Israehell.
    Yeah, you’ll be at war for Palestinian interest. There are no 2 ways to describe it.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Yeah, you’ll be at war for Palestinian interest. There are no 2 ways to describe it.
    How then would you explain the presence of Palestinian refugees in Lebanon? If the Palestinian conflict doesn't end and the Palestinians have right to return how would you solve the Palestinian refugee crisis in Lebanon?

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    the only reason why people are supporting a peace agreement with israel is because Lebanon is slowly turning into yemen precisely because the resistance is pretending to be too busy fighting israel while the knife of corruption is pressing on the throat of every Lebanese citizen.

had HA been busy supporting a strong state instead of providing an umbrella for corruption, people certainly would not be making this choice. again and again and again and again and for the millionth time, a very friendly call to HA to re-evaluate its choices.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    the only reason why people are supporting a peace agreement with israel is because Lebanon is slowly turning into yemen precisely because the resistance is pretending to be too busy fighting israel while the knife of corruption is pressing on the throat of every Lebanese citizen.

had HA been busy supporting a strong state instead of providing an umbrella for corruption, people certainly would not be making this choice. again and again and again and again and for the millionth time, a very friendly call to HA to re-evaluate its choices.
    You sound embarrassed?