Peace agreement with Israel?

• I am an FPMer and I am undecided on peace agreement with Israel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

This is how Muslims are treated in Israel. Now imagine strolling around an Arab/Muslim neighborhood wearing a Jewish kippah.

• Advertisement
  • CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    How then would you explain the presence of Palestinian refugees in Lebanon? If the Palestinian conflict doesn't end and the Palestinians have right to return how would you solve the Palestinian refugee crisis in Lebanon?
    I added to the post to further explain you may want to re-read
    I don’t want to add purely Palestinian interests in a Lebanese-Israeli peace deal, you do. Make one wonder who’s out of touch. We, Lebanese, paid much more than our dues in blood, sweat and tears to the Palestinian cause, more than any other country in the world for that matter Arab or not. At the end of the day, Lebanese interests are my priority and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict outside of the refugees does not fit that category for me to be at war. Going at war for somebody else’s interests is... pretty much out of touch with reality.
    Yeah, you’ll be at war for Palestinian interest. There are no 2 ways to describe it.

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

I voted undecided.

I am not sure at the moment that Israel want peace under our terms. Especially that they have bombed, pillaged and massacred our people since the 1970s.

If they truly want peace then let them show their intent and the peace treaty should be favorable to us and not to them because we suffered more under their hands.

CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    I voted undecided.

I am not sure at the moment that Israel want peace under our terms. Especially that they have bombed, pillaged and massacred our people since the 1970s.

If they truly want peace then let them show their intent and the peace treaty should be favorable to us and not to them because we suffered more under their hands.
    What are your terms?

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    In hindsight: today, those who dont mind signing peace with an apartheid state, which isn't showing sign of willingness to sort the Palestinian refugee crisis in Lebanon except through intended Tawteen, and it is still occupying our land, violating our skies and aiming to tamper with our petroleum and water resources, are giving the excuse that the Palestinian conflict isn't ours. That is fine. It isnt ours to fight militarily on behalf of Palestinians. The Palestinians are more than capable in carrying out that task. But at the same time, even refusing to legitimize occupation is ignored by them because again, we'd be defending the interests of "another people". The Palestinians are "another people" because of the borders drawn by the "divine rulers" of Britain and France dividing the Levant or Greater Syria to pave way for sectarian cantons which did not succeed anyways.

Some of these people wanted the Lebanese resistance to surrender it's weapons and for them to become decision makers in regards to resistance. This attitude we find in respect to normalizing ties with the occupation entity, recognizing apartheid and supposedly acting only "within national interests" in my view, goes deeper into a filthy state of mind and sectarian complex.

This was the same or similar attitude when Israehell was occupying the South of Lebanon. They had absolute power in the state and they did nothing to defend or protect Lebanese in the south. The sectarianism flowing in their veins did not allow them to act or do anything. So I feel this is a lie that we are not to show support, even though moral support by shunning peace agreement with the enemy entity because we are only to care about our national interests. "National interests" argument is a big fat lie therefore. Had the South come or remain under occupation, the same indifference would have been shown or demonstrated. Their entire concern and attention southward is because a power has arise from the ashes that has beaten the external enemy and made the internal enemies and rogues to shit in their pants.

When there was apartheid regime in South Africa, the entirely world boycotted it, isolated it and broke diplomatic ties with it. It would be incongruous to sign peace with another apartheid regime at a time we are still technically at war with it or to legitimize its occupation of Palestinian lands, and by extension abandon a Palestinian cause for selfish "national interests" due to cowardice, selfishness and sectarianism. And this same apartheid entity has shown no seriousness about resolving the Palestinian refugee crisis in Lebanon, which is our utmost concern, collectively. Anyways, Lebanon isnt going to sign peace with Israehell anytime soon before the Palestinians do or before Israehell implement a one state solution where every citizen of Palestine would live equally in one democratic state and those living as refugees in Lebanon could return to, or they could move to anyone other country.

Last edited:
    Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

I dont think either we should go to war to "fight for or on behalf of Palestinians". The Palestinians are capable of defending themselves when that is needed. We have sacrificed a lot. Isolating Israehell is part of moral support for Palestinians. And since we are already in the conflict, having a peace agreement with Israehell would legitimize their occupation, illegal settlements and their apartheid regime. I believe they should put an end to their apartheid regime and form a one state that is democratic for all. Other countries should boycott Israehell.
    As much as I think you are right about this issue and as much as I think that Israel is a disgusting apartheid state that makes my blood boil every time they commit a heinous act towards the Palestinians, I have to side with @CitizenOfTheRepublic , we cannot fight other people's battles and we have to look out for our own interest if we want to build a functioning state. Hence, the importance of having non-aggressive neighbors.

but of course again, terms have to be very favorable to us.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    As much as I think you are right about this issue and as much as I think that Israel is a disgusting apartheid state that makes my blood boil every time they commit a heinous act towards the Palestinians, I have to side with @CitizenOfTheRepublic , we cannot fight other people's battles and we have to look out for our own interest if we want to build a functioning state. Hence, the importance of having non-aggressive neighbors.

I think terms have to be favorable to us. Palestinian refugees have to leave Lebanon. Our lands still under occupation must be free. No tampering with our maritime area. No violation of our sovereignty and threats of war. All these can be accomplished through a formal agreement to cease hostilities. Still short of a peace agreement. Signing a peace agreement with an apartheid state is morally wrong and would send the wrong message to the immoral world, most of which already lack conscience. A one democratic state with all citizens of Palestine living together is the only solution.

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

What are your terms?
    - damage reparations for every war and every occupation that they've committed since the start of the Israeli-Lebanese conflict.
    - freeing Shebaa farms and other occupied territories that were part of Lebanon.
    - redrawing water borders on gas fields, illegal occupation of gas fields should be returned to Lebanon

I can list more if you want... but it's a long list :p

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I voted undecided.

Kheyif mnil sa7sou7? Would you have voted differently had the poll been anonymous? Wake up dude. Israel is only interested in protecting its borders. It has no territorial ambitions in Lebanon. Its relations with Jorand and Egypt have been nothing but cordial since they signed a peace agreement.

Even the July war was started by Hizbullah not Israel.

Stop being brainwashed.

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

I think terms have to be favorable to us. Palestinian refugees have to leave Lebanon. Our lands still under occupation must be free. No tampering with our maritime area. No violation of our sovereignty and threats of war. All these can be accomplished through a formal agreement to cease hostilities. Still short of a peace agreement. Signing a peace agreement with an apartheid state is morally wrong and would send the wrong message to the immoral world, most of which already lack conscience. A one democratic state with all citizens of Palestine living together is the only solution.
    I agree with those terms.

but countries don't care about morals. Countries will always follow their own interests, when we have a relationship with another country we ask ourselves how will we benefit from our relationship.

You want Chinese investments and good relationship with the Chinese yet in China they are persecuting Muslim minorities and sending them to re-education camps in the Xinjiang province. isn't that morally wrong? are we sending a wrong message if we do that? or do we look at the Lebanese-Chinese relationship as an economic benefit?

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

Kheyif mnil sa7sou7? Would you have voted differently had the poll been anonymous? Wake up dude. Israel is only interested in protecting its borders. It has no territorial ambitions in Lebanon. Its relations with Jorand and Egypt have been nothing but cordial since they signed a peace agreement.

Even the July war was started by Hizbullah not Israel.

Stop being brainwashed.
    Bala habal and no I would not have voted differently, my family/friends have suffered long enough under their occupation.

If Israel's only interest is to protect it's borders it wouldn't have occupied Beirut in 1982 and wouldn't have occupied the South for more than 15 years. A country that wants to protect it's borders wouldn't invade and occupy land and stay in those lands for a long period.

Saying that they had no territorial ambitions is being in total denial of history and facts of land annexation and occupation in addition to listening to totally false propaganda coming out of Israel, always the victim mentality approach. You also disregard one of the most important factors of the occupation of the south, the abundant water source that Israel needed. To deny this and call us brainwashed shows me how naive you are.

CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member

100% agreed.

CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    - damage reparations for every war and every occupation that they've committed since the start of the Israeli-Lebanese conflict.
    - freeing Shebaa farms and other occupied territories that were part of Lebanon.
    - redrawing water borders on gas fields, illegal occupation of gas fields should be returned to Lebanon

I can list more if you want... but it's a long list :p
    Go for it, so far in agreement.

Nonan

Nonan

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    In the case of other brutal regimes, we dont share border with them or haven't invaded us or we have relations with them under the principle of not interfering in the affairs of other countries. In the case of Israehell, we share a border with them, and they have occupied our territories and they have sent us hundreds of thousands of refugees who cant go back to their homeland.

But if you think Israehell would be ready to meet our conditions, then you may feel free to vote in support.
    There is another brutal regime with whom we share a border (even longer than the one with Israel) and has invaded us (for a longer duration than Israel) and with whom we figured out how to have a peace agreement. Why wouldn’t be able to do it with our Southern Neighbor?

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    There is another brutal regime with whom we share a border (even longer than the one with Israel) and has invaded us (for a longer duration than Israel) and with whom we figured out how to have a peace agreement. Why wouldn’t be able to do it with our Southern Neighbor?
    The pret-a-porter answer is that these are arab bretheren, whatever issues we might have with the Capital Of The Omayyad we can resolve whenever the Zionists are chased into the Mediterranean.
    It's a tested algorithm that you can predict with surprising accuracy, down to the word.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    I agree with those terms.

but countries don't care about morals. Countries will always follow their own interests, when we have a relationship with another country we ask ourselves how will we benefit from our relationship.

You want Chinese investments and good relationship with the Chinese yet in China they are persecuting Muslim minorities and sending them to re-education camps in the Xinjiang province. isn't that morally wrong? are we sending a wrong message if we do that? or do we look at the Lebanese-Chinese relationship as an economic benefit?
    Again, another wrong analogy. Chinese vs Chinese. We condemn the Chinese govt islamophobic and inhumane treatment of it's minority. In Palestine a there is occupation. Always focus on the word occupation. In South Africa, it was the same. In Canada, US and Australia, the White man succeeded in extermination of and replacing the original population. Today, the Amerindian or those of Amerindian descent in the US are treated like relics. In South Africa, the Blacks had a higher birthrate and were too numerous and because of the precedence set by the transatlantic slave trade, apartheid failed in South Africa. It will fail in Palestine too. And we shouldn't support an apartheid state anywhere.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    I'm curious to know of the war Syria and Lebanon fought and where the peace agreement between the two countries was signed. I'd really be thankful if you can provide me with any historical link to read about that war 😄

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    The pret-a-porter answer is that these are arab bretheren, whatever issues we might have with the Capital Of The Omayyad we can resolve whenever the Zionists are chased into the Mediterranean.
    It's a tested algorithm that you can predict with surprising accuracy, down to the word.
    The usual rogue answer whenever your beloved Israehell is mentioned. You resort to whataboutism on Syria. Syrian troops were invited by a Christian president of Lebanon, right? And they acted as peacekeepers with an international mandate during the civil war, right? If they had a clash with a then rogue power thirsty general who got beaten and was forced to flee in pyjamas into exile, that doesnt mean Lebanon fought a war with Syria at all.

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Not to poop on anyone's parade, I would like to remind everyone here that Israel already has peace, and the cherry on top is that it also has an extremely bright outlook for the future in terms of economic, social, and political growth. GDP growth, water surplus, energy independence, clean rivers and beaches, scientific discovery, technological innovation - these are all terms that emanate out of Israel and describe the resolve of the Jewish people.

Y'all seem to have forgotten that we are fighting for our people to live in dignity in their homeland, it's why we built a State our children and theirs can be proud of.

You can keep fighting for your children to die on the whims of clerics in Iran who use you and your people as cannon fodder in their negotiations with the west.