Does the FPM as a Party Want Peace with Israehell

Peace agreement with Israel?

• I am an FPMer and I am undecided on peace agreement with Israel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
L'arbalette

L'arbalette

I'm curious to know of the war Syria and Lebanon fought and where the peace agreement between the two countries was signed. I'd really be thankful if you can provide me with any historical link to read about that war 😄
Maybe you were living in a different country when the Syrians attacked the Military School (Fiadyeh) in 1978? When they bombed the Ministry of Defense, when they bombed the Presidential Palace? When the unleashed their barbarians on the civilians in Lebanon. When they assassinated a President of the Republic (Rene Mouawad), a Mufti (Hassan Khaled)... When they sent one of their agents to assassinate a president elect (Bechir Gemayel), when they bombed civilian ships trying to escape their hell, drowning young children in the water. Not sure anyone has the patience to recount all the crimes of the Syrians against the Lebanese between 1976 and 2005. I sure don't have that patience. But after the Lebanese kicked these invaders out in 2005, we were willing to extend a peaceful hand to these barbarians.
Now, it is absolutely your right to want to stick your head in the sand and disregard the crimes and violence fellow Lebanese suffered on the hands of these invaders. Those of us who are patriotic will still stand with fellow Lebanese against foreign powers trying to destroy them, any foreign powers. However, there is a difference between defending fellow Lebanese attacked in Lebanon and endorsing other foreign powers and their regional games.

• Advertisement
  • L'arbalette

L'arbalette

Not to poop on anyone's parade, I would like to remind everyone here that Israel already has peace, and the cherry on top is that it also has an extremely bright outlook for the future in terms of economic, social, and political growth. GDP growth, water surplus, energy independence, clean rivers and beaches, scientific discovery, technological innovation - these are all terms that emanate out of Israel and describe the resolve of the Jewish people.

Y'all seem to have forgotten that we are fighting for our people to live in dignity in their homeland, it's why we built a State our children and theirs can be proud of.

You can keep fighting for your children to die on the whims of clerics in Iran who use you and your people as cannon fodder in their negotiations with the west.
    But we have the Nabih!! That must count for something

L'arbalette

L'arbalette

The usual rogue answer whenever your beloved Israehell is mentioned. You resort to whataboutism on Syria. Syrian troops were invited by a Christian president of Lebanon, right? And they acted as peacekeepers with an international mandate during the civil war, right? If they had a clash with a then rogue power thirsty general who got beaten and was forced to flee in pyjamas into exile, that doesnt mean Lebanon fought a war with Syria at all.
    You should really read a book or two about the Lebanese war. Ideally not one edited by the Baath regime in Damascus.

And you invited the Whataboutism when you started talking about other violent regimes.

CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    There is another brutal regime with whom we share a border (even longer than the one with Israel) and has invaded us (for a longer duration than Israel) and with whom we figured out how to have a peace agreement. Why wouldn’t be able to do it with our Southern Neighbor?
    Oh please, you expect consistency? He’s 100% perfectly ok with Syrian occupying us, parce que they were invited and they are our brothers. In fact he believes it is not an occupation, they were guests. Damn I want to be a guest in his house! The thievery, blatant violations of sovereignty, corruption, terrorizing the population, stifling of liberty kello 7alel.

And then in the same breath he wants to keep Lebanon in a state of war with Israel because they are doing similar shit to the Palestinians.

In this context principles are just a pretext for another motive, they only apply when it suits them.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Maybe you were living in a different country when the Syrians attacked the Military School (Fiadyeh) in 1978? When they bombed the Ministry of Defense, when they bombed the Presidential Palace? When the unleashed their barbarians on the civilians in Lebanon. When they assassinated a President of the Republic (Rene Mouawad), a Mufti (Hassan Khaled)... When they sent one of their agents to assassinate a president elect (Bechir Gemayel), when they bombed civilian ships trying to escape their hell, drowning young children in the water. Not sure anyone has the patience to recount all the crimes of the Syrians against the Lebanese between 1976 and 2005. I sure don't have that patience. But after the Lebanese kicked these invaders out in 2005, we were willing to extend a peaceful hand to these barbarians.
    Now, it is absolutely your right to want to stick your head in the sand and disregard the crimes and violence fellow Lebanese suffered on the hands of these invaders. Those of us who are patriotic will still stand with fellow Lebanese against foreign powers trying to destroy them, any foreign powers. However, there is a difference between defending fellow Lebanese attacked in Lebanon and endorsing other foreign powers and their regional games.
    Mere allegations.

My question remains: when and who declared the war between Syria and Lebanon and where was the peace agreement the other guy was talking about signed?

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Bala habal and no I would not have voted differently, my family/friends have suffered long enough under their occupation.

If Israel's only interest is to protect it's borders it wouldn't have occupied Beirut in 1982 and wouldn't have occupied the South for more than 15 years. A country that wants to protect it's borders wouldn't invade and occupy land and stay in those lands for a long period.

Saying that they had no territorial ambitions is being in total denial of history and facts of land annexation and occupation in addition to listening to totally false propaganda coming out of Israel, always the victim mentality approach. You also disregard one of the most important factors of the occupation of the south, the abundant water source that Israel needed. To deny this and call us brainwashed shows me how naive you are.
    The usual rogue answer whenever your beloved Israehell is mentioned. You resort to whataboutism on Syria. Syrian troops were invited by a Christian president of Lebanon, right? And they acted as peacekeepers with an international mandate during the civil war, right? If they had a clash with a then rogue power thirsty general who got beaten and was forced to flee in pyjamas into exile, that doesnt mean Lebanon fought a war with Syria at all.
    The Israeli invasion is a drop in the ocean of crimes, atrocities, and assassinations committed by the Syrian regime not to mention their systematic pillaging of our country.

The person you're ridiculing for having fled in to France in his pajamas, you used to have his picture as your avatar not so long ago, and we called you out on your hypocrisy at the time.

L'arbalette

L'arbalette

Mere allegations.

My question remains: when and who declared the war between Syria and Lebanon and where was the peace agreement the other guy was talking about signed?
    Sure. Allegations. You're right. Good luck wasting the time of other forum members. As for me, given your denial attitude, welcome to my ignore list.

L'arbalette

L'arbalette

He’s 100% perfectly ok with Syrian occupying us, parce que they were invited and they are our brothers. In fact he believes it is not an occupation, they were guests. Damn I want to be a guest in his house! The thievery, blatant violations of sovereignty, corruption, terrorizing the population, stifling of liberty kello 7alel.
    Mere allegations. The syrians were perfectly peaceful for 29 years.

Shaklak Moo Same3 b'il doulab!!

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Oh please, you expect consistency? He’s 100% perfectly ok with Syrian occupying us, parce que they were invited and they are our brothers. In fact he believes it is not an occupation, they were guests. Damn I want to be a guest in his house! The thievery, blatant violations of sovereignty, corruption, terrorizing the population, stifling of liberty kello 7alel.

And then in the same breath he wants to keep Lebanon in a state of war with Israel because they are doing similar shit to the Palestinians.

In this context principles are just a pretext for another motive, they only apply when it suits them.
    Remind him that it was Lebanese who opened negotiations with Israelis when Palestinians blockaded villages in the South. Remind him that the first thing Israel did was setup field hospitals on the border to treat all those Lebanese who could not access medicine because of Palestinians. Lastly, remind him that it was Palestinian attacks and incursions into Israel that invited 2 Israeli invasions into Lebanon.

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Can anyone answer me:

What is so special about Lebanon that some of you think Israel wants to occupy and annex? What do you have to offer Israel that they don't already have?

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    You should really read a book or two about the Lebanese war. Ideally not one edited by the Baath regime in Damascus.

And you invited the Whataboutism when you started talking about other violent regimes.
    No, I didn't. It is always a way to cover up your treachery. Whenever Israehell's topic comes up, you tell what about Syria? You should ask your president: what about Syria and why did he visit Syria? Some people need to understand what the FPM base is made up of. Many of you arent any better than the typical sectarian and racist LFer or Kataeb fanatics. Only few of you are different. The same base that wants to demonize Berri, in their power struggle is seeking peace with Israehell and trying to instigate inter Shia strife and set up brother against brother. Making peace and coming to terms with Lebanon's second presidency is forbidden. But making peace with an unwilling enemy that is still threatening us and having our territories under occupation and with hundreds of thousands of refugees it wants to naturalize in Lebanon to knock out our sectarian balance is allowed. And you can easily point at Syria's war with a general and convert it to a Lebanon vs Syria war.

CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    Remind him that it was Lebanese who opened negotiations with Israelis when Palestinians blockaded villages in the South. Remind him that the first thing Israel did was setup field hospitals on the border to treat all those Lebanese who could not access medicine because of Palestinians. Lastly, remind him that it was Palestinian attacks and incursions into Israel that invited 2 Israeli invasions into Lebanon.
    They were occupiers as well. Syrians did some positive things too in an ocean of negative ones.

Steven Gerrard

Steven Gerrard

The Israeli invasion is a drop in the ocean of crimes, atrocities, and assassinations committed by the Syrian regime not to mention their systematic pillaging of our country.
    Wrong

they were equally as bad. and it always depends on point of views. North/Metn suffered greatly under Syrian occupation then Beirut in the 90s. South suffered greatly under PLO & Israeli occupation.

Maybe it's time for us to understand each other's suffering and realize that we've been screwed and bullied by our neighbors.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    Can anyone answer me:

What is so special about Lebanon that some of you think Israel wants to occupy and annex? What do you have to offer Israel that they don't already have?
    What is special about the Golan Heights that Israehell annexed it?

We have fertile soil in the south, strategic mountain ranges, fresh water, and territorial water with oil and gas that Israehell is trying to steal from.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Ex-FPMer here, and I support a peace agreement with Israel, or a cessation of hostilities at the very least.

As for FPM, their officials have expressed their views many times on this subject.
    They support Hizbullah in protecting Lebanon against "alleged" Israeli aggression.
    But but they don't share Hizbullah's jihadist aspiration to wipe Israel off the map.

"Israel Has Right to Live in Security" Gibran Bassil

Pretty much this. Although most FPMers behave like dhimmis, they are still Christians and therefore want peace first and foremost. They don't have the culture of death and complete disregard for human life that actual Hezbollah supporters do, who literally want to genocide all Israelis.

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    Can anyone answer me:

you can be swimming on the coast and suddenly you decide you want to go skiing...so you can reach the mountains in 30 mn...do you have this in Israel? answer me :cool:

...and oh we have mariam nour and zein el atet