Peace agreement with Israel?

• I am an FPMer and I am undecided on peace agreement with Israel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Fine. Ask them to apply all these into action and show us how peaceful they are and act peaceful and stop their threats. And what do we do to Palestinian refugees? We arent giving them Lebanese citizenship. Can you ask your friends in the Gulf to offer the Palestinains money, jobs, houses, cars etc so they move to Saudi? It would add stability to Lebanon.
The only reason Israel ever threatens Lebanon is because of Hizbullah, a terrorist organization that threatens to invade, occupy, and annex (parts of) Israel. I've never ever heard a single Israeli politician threaten to annex Lebanon or parts of Lebanon the way Nasrallah talks about annexing Galilee and Jerusalem. If you don't think this is reason to be vigilant against people like Nasrallah who want to slaughter us all (he said so himself), that's your problem. We ain't stupid.

I wouldn't consider Gulf Arabs "friends" but temporary allies. Regardless, it is not Israel's place or business to negotiate a solution for the Palestinian refugees in Lebanon.

• Advertisement
  • CitizenOfTheRepublic

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
    Tayyeb

what does this have to do with us being buddies with a country that does not respect our sovereignty by breaking Lebanese airspace every single day and threaten to bomb us?

I agree that we are a failed state but Israel being this "perfect" utopia is irrelevant.

more on the list @CitizenOfTheRepublic :
    - Stop breaking our airspace
    - respect our sovereign borders
    - aid on clearing cluster mines thrown by Israeli planes during 2006 conflict
    - cooperation and agreement on Palestinian refugees (If they don't accept to relocate them back to Israel then maybe a lot of aid to help their well being and cooperation with other countries to help in relocation).

and more ofcourse ...
    We’re still very much in agreement keep going.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    This is BS

When did any Lebanese party occupy and annex part of Israel?
    Israehell actually occupied Lebanon and still occupies some of our territories and constantly threaten to send Lebanon to the Stone Age and continued to violate our sovereignty by flying in our skies and using our airspace to launch attacks on a neighbouring country.

But when a Lebanese leaders threatens to liberate the Galilee, it becomes a crime. They commit actual crimes against Lebanon, but a Lebanese should not utter a word. They interpret that word as a crime while they commit the criminal actions. What type of people are these?

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Lebanon as a state has been at war with Israehell and still is. Lebanon at the state or official level has never been at war with Syria. Syria interfered in Lebanon and might have overstayed it's welcome and even mistreated certain Lebanese factions. But dont forget that if not for the Syrians, the Lebanese civil war would have dragged on. Many or most would never accept Aoun as president or PM back then. I can sense this thread would end up as embarrassment for many of you. You are now encouraged to say what you conceal in your hearts.
    The Syrian regime with the collaboration of most of the Lebanese political class ruined this country socially, economically and even ecologically to such an extreme that we are paying a dear price for it today. I will not go into a spreadsheet contest now to see which neighbor is more "evil" or damaging to the Lebanese, but your attempt at diluting the Syrian role is laughable, especially the underlined part.
    Now if you think the Syrian deep state does not have strategic ambitions in Lebanon then you are probably born half an hour ago.

We have normal relations with Syria, based on recognized international norms. We should have the same with Israel if the conditions are met.

I can't be any clearer than this, and you can take your wish for embarrassment and swallow it dry.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    The only reason Israel ever threatens Lebanon is because of Hizbullah, a terrorist organization that threatens to invade, occupy, and annex (parts of) Israel. I've never ever heard a single Israeli politician threaten to annex Lebanon or parts of Lebanon the way Nasrallah talks about annexing Galilee and Jerusalem. If you don't think this is reason to be vigilant against people like Nasrallah who want to slaughter us all (he said so himself), that's your problem. We ain't stupid.

I wouldn't consider Gulf Arabs "friends" but temporary allies. Regardless, it is not Israel's place or business to negotiate a solution for the Palestinian refugees in Lebanon.
    Apparently, all of Hezbollah's attacks have been revenge attacks or defensive or reprisals or to resist occupation. Since Israehell withdrew from most of our territories in 2000, the only major confrontation was in 2006. And in case you dont know why, Israehell refused to fulfill it's part in a prisoner swap in 2003. And Nasrallah told them they would regret it if they dont release all Lebanese prisoners in Israehelli jails. And that led to the capture of the two soldiers and killing 8 others in an ambush in 2006. Does Israehell have blame for the 2006 war? Of course it does. Since 2006 war, has Hezballah launched any offensive attack? No. But they keep warning Israehell that if its attacks Lebanon, then Israehell will regret it. Hezballah calls itself a resistance group and not invasion force. If Israehell attacks Lebanon, it would be asking for trouble that would be unbearable and Lebanese also reserve the right to defend themselves.

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Habibi, Israel had water shortages. Once they occupied the South they controlled 30% of the Litani river then the Wazzani and build water pipes to transfer the water to cover up their shortages in the 90s. Jordan also reached an agreement with Israel to share their water resources. They started building a desalination plant in 97, 3 years before leaving the South.
    That's the past, we are talking about the present and future. Currently, Israel has water surplus. That's not to say they won't have shortages in the future. In the meantime, they are working to avert any shortages by coming up with innovative solutions.

If I were to bet on Israel vs. Lebanon, my money is on Israel. Lebanon has shown exactly how much it cares about and values its water resources. Didn't you know, Lebanese rivers are the cleanest.

And you said it, "once they occupied the South" -- well, of course, why wouldn't they take advantage of resources they control? But it's not like Israel is actively pursuing these resources, whether diplomatically or militarily.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    The Syrian regime with the collaboration of most of the Lebanese political class ruined this country socially, economically and even ecologically to such an extreme that we are paying a dear price for it today. I will not go into a spreadsheet contest now to see which neighbor is more "evil" or damaging to the Lebanese, but your attempt at diluting the Syrian role is laughable, especially the underlined part.
    Now if you think the Syrian deep state does not have strategic ambitions in Lebanon then you are probably born half an hour ago.

We have normal relations with Syria, based on recognized international norms. We should have the same with Israel if the conditions are met.

I can't be any clearer than this, and you can take your wish for embarrassment and swallow it dry.
    All Lebanese didnt have issues with Syria's intervention and its bid to end the civil war. Only one man did and he led the army or a faction of our army into destruction and then fled. Today, do I support that man? Yes i do. But that doesnt mean I agree with everything about him in the past.

As for peace with Israehell, conditions are not there and they wont be met. Israehell will only want peace on it's own terms. For those reasons we wont have peace and it serves a reminder why we should always be prepared to defend our country.

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Why encroach into our maritime area to tamper with our oil and gas resources? They have even sent American errand boys to pressure Lebanese govt to conceded terrutorial water to Israehell. Why should they tamper with our resources in sea? Maybe they're used to robbing other countries this way and walk free. But it will never be the same with Lebanon. And such ill actions wont ever bring peace between us.
    In Israel's view, it is Lebanon who is encroaching on Israeli territorial waters, attempting to steal their natural resources.

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    All Lebanese didnt have issues with Syria's intervention and its bid to end the civil war. Only one man did and he led the army or a faction of our army into destruction and then fled. Today, do I support that man? Yes i do. But that doesnt mean I agree with everything about him in the past.
    You can support or agree with whoever you want. Doesnt matter to this conversation really.
    What you fail to see is that both neighbours are as vicious and ambitious. Rightly so and i don't blame them as long as we have a weak disintegrated state. You don't even recognize THAT, you want to impose a single track narrative that doesnt correspond to reality.

As for peace with Israehell, conditions are not there and they wont be met. Israehell will only want peace on it's own terms. For those reasons we wont have peace and it serves a reminder why we should always be prepared to defend our country.
    Conditions are not there, so why are you asking this silly insiginificant question that does not even have a basis in realism today if not to show us your bare chest thumping that we should all chant death to israel or we'll be "embarassed to show our true faces" as you put it.

Your question and thread premise is ridiculous.

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Lebanon doesnt regard Israehell as a "sovereign nation". You are pushing your luck too far. Speak on the basis the two sides are still officially and technically at war. What you regard as terrorist organisation isnt regarded terrorist organisation by Lebanon. You can impose that label on others and force your European servants to adopt them. But we dont operate like that.
    This post may be construed as insulting, but Lebanon's passport is worth as much as North Korea's in the world. I don't think it matters what you think of Hizbullah.

Nonan

Nonan

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

You really ignore Lebanon’s history, or chose to ignore it.
    You got the answer to your question, yes we support peace with Israel, like any person who cares about the wellbeing of Lebanon should, assuming the they stop belligerent actions against our country.
    Having said that, we really don’t need the Israelis to destroy Lebanon, we’re doing an awesome job ourselves, thank you istoz Nabih.
    The rest of your attempts at rewriting history are childish

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    In Israel's view, it is Lebanon who is encroaching on Israeli territorial waters, attempting to steal their natural resources.
    Very innocent of them. And a brutal Israehell would actually offer to negotiate through the US when a foreign country is trying to "encroach" into territory its control. That's very kind and humble. Do you really believe Israehell would negotiate if the territory in dispute was believed to be under their authority?

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    I would say without a shadow of doubt that Nabih Berri himself, without his wife, managed to damage this country more than the Zionists.
    Set up a resistance army and fight him. Or at least go protest at ain el tineh. Would be nice to see your arrogance deflated.

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Apparently, all of Hezbollah's attacks have been revenge attacks or defensive or reprisals or to resist occupation. Since Israehell withdrew from most of our territories in 2000, the only major confrontation was in 2006. And in case you dont know why, Israehell refused to fulfill it's part in a prisoner swap in 2003. And Nasrallah told them they would regret it if they dont release all Lebanese prisoners in Israehelli jails. And that led to the capture of the two soldiers and killing 8 others in an ambush in 2006. Does Israehell have blame for the 2006 war? Of course it does. Since 2006 war, has Hezballah launched any offensive attack? No. But they keep warning Israehell that if its attacks Lebanon, then Israehell will regret it. Hezballah calls itself a resistance group and not invasion force. If Israehell attacks Lebanon, it would be asking for trouble that would be unbearable and Lebanese also reserve the right to defend themselves.
    That's a lot of words that miss the mark. Nasrallah/Hizbullah await orders from Iran. Hish bi hish, nish bi nish.

The rest is propaganda that is designed to work on you but doesn't work on me.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Tayyeb

what does this have to do with us being buddies with a country that does not respect our sovereignty by breaking Lebanese airspace every single day and threaten to bomb us?
    If HA stop claiming that their aim is to destroy Israel, it would help solve this issue.