Duty on cellphone - 90 days rule

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Phone store. they wont give me a sim card if i dont have some sort of id. Its a new thing maybe like 2-3 years.
That is so weird...

Then again, even facebook asks for ID now. So much for privacy and keeping your ID info safe!

• Advertisement
  • Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Well the least 'randomly giving ID info to strangers' type of way is doing the registration at an official outlet of the telecom company with their employees. If you think about it, what's the difference between this and say..... someone showing their ID to confirm their 18+ age when buying alcohol? Both done to obey their respective countries' laws and regulations. Since this is a country's security matter, I'm sure there is a cooperation between the governments and the telecoms and shops that sell the cards, so there must be some regulation regarding the customer's privacy when you show a shop clerk your ID to register your line.
    The difference is that the alcohol shop is not making photocopies of your ID and taking your picture.

If you can register at the telecom company, I guess it's at least safer than some random shop.