Easy to Prep / Fast to Cook / LIGHTWEIGHT Lebanese Recipes for Outdoors

Big Brother

Big Brother

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Sup y'all.

I'm trying to find recipes of Lebanese food that would be easy to prepare (20-60 mins) and fast to cook (5-10 mins), that are also lightweight (few ounces). Don't suggest wara2 3arish or something that requires an entire kitchen and hours to prepare or cook. These meals will be cooked in the outdoors, over a small isobutane stove, using boiling water (for most meals). All ingredients should fit in a small ziploc bag, so size matters.

Soups/salads/carb + protein meals are welcome. Hot foods preferred over cold foods. Suggest meals that I can adjust recipe to fit my needs, too. Ingredients will eventually be reduced to make servings for two people.

In the future, I plan on freeze drying foods to reduce pack size and weight, as well as reduce cost of buying prepackage freeze dried foods.

Feel free to discuss outdoors cooking.

• Advertisement
  • fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Pre-cooked kafta disks do heat up quite nicely over a camp fire.
    Of course, hummus in a tupperware is a staple.

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

ܐܵܠܘܼܟ̰ܵܐ

Orange Room Supporter
    بطاطا حرة.
    بتسلق بطاطا صغيرة و بترش حر و كزبرة.

شمرة. (عشبة من جبل لبنان)
    بتسلقها على الزيت.

كشك.
    بدوبو على مي سخنة.

Salad
    قرص عني و روكا و بسترما.

دبس الخروب.
    بس بتدوبو مع مي.

و صحتين على قلبك.

SAVO

SAVO

can someone post mjadra soupe recipe .
    yes also kishk recipe is welcome ...i have kishk but dunno how to prepare it

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    Sup y'all.

I'm trying to find recipes of Lebanese food that would be easy to prepare (20-60 mins) and fast to cook (5-10 mins), that are also lightweight (few ounces). Don't suggest wara2 3arish or something that requires an entire kitchen and hours to prepare or cook. These meals will be cooked in the outdoors, over a small isobutane stove, using boiling water (for most meals). All ingredients should fit in a small ziploc bag, so size matters.

Soups/salads/carb + protein meals are welcome. Hot foods preferred over cold foods. Suggest meals that I can adjust recipe to fit my needs, too. Ingredients will eventually be reduced to make servings for two people.

In the future, I plan on freeze drying foods to reduce pack size and weight, as well as reduce cost of buying prepackage freeze dried foods.

Feel free to discuss outdoors cooking.
    قرنبيط مقلي

جيب قرنبيط وقليه.. يؤكل مع الخبز

لوبية بزيت

فاصوليا بزيت

مبدئيا كل شي خضار بزيت بيظبط

مأكول الهنا