Parliamentary elections 2018 Election in Diaspora in late April

L

lebanese1

Legendary Member
I’ve given my vote for FPM from 2005 to 2018. I guess somebody else deserves a chance now.

Yes, I voted for Charbel Nahas, if you’re still wondering. In case his list doesn’t make it, this will also boost FPM’s hassel so it’s a win-win.
it wwill boost kataeb's and lf's hasel too. In cas Nahas list doesnt make it, it would be as if you splitted your voice among other lists.

FPM list may still get 5 seats if Murr or LF dont make it but what you just did is increasing the chance of Ghassan Achkar or Sarkis to be the 5th winner instead of Mkhayber...

Last edited:
  • Advertisement
  • U

unitedlb

it wwill boost kataeb's and lf's hasel too. In cas Nahas list doesnt make it, it would be as if you splitted your voice among other lists.

FPM list may still get 5 seats if Murr or LF dont make it but what you just did is increasing the chance of Ghassan Achkar or Sarkis to be the 5th winner instead of Mkhayber...
    Lebanese1, I completely agree with you. Charbel Nahhas has no chance of winning. So a vote for Charbel Nahhas gives no advantage to FPM over Kataeb and gives no advantage to Mokheiber over Sarkis/Ashkar.

U

unitedlb

according to someone i know in the LF electoral machine in meerab, the LF managed to bring in a pre-calculated number of voters in australia, i think it was enough to tip the fraction of the fourth seat in the north's third district in their favor. they are pretty confident now they have secured 4 seats in the district. usually they are pretty accurate about these expectations; and the battle is now between the marada and FPM over that last undetermined seat, so it will be either 4-4-2 or 4-3-3.
    If it is 4-4-2, I hope it’s Mouawwad who gets up and not Nicholas Ghosn. This will be a good lesson to the Future Movement. Rather than giving their votes in Zgharta to the same list that their candidate Ghosn is on, they have instead decided to direct their votes to Bashar Assad’s Marada, their sworn enemy. If we get 2, I hope it is the FM who pay for their mistake in supporting Bashar Assad ahead of their own list. Unbelievable!!

Mockinggbird

Mockinggbird

If it is 4-4-2, I hope it’s Mouawwad who gets up and not Nicholas Ghosn. This will be a good lesson to the Future Movement. Rather than giving their votes in Zgharta to the same list that their candidate Ghosn is on, they have instead decided to direct their votes to Bashar Assad’s Marada, their sworn enemy. If we get 2, I hope it is the FM who pay for their mistake in supporting Bashar Assad ahead of their own list. Unbelievable!!
    I still don’t get how this deal was done!
    Fm voting for mourada in Zgharta against their own list
    Wtf ?!
    Baleih Ghosn
    It’s a disgrace

MELF

MELF

Orange Room Supporter
    22:50 "أو.تي.في.": حزب الطاشناق في لوس انجلس يؤكد التزامه التام بتحالفاته وان 80 صوتا تفضيليا صبت لصالح الوزير باسيل اليوم في دائرة الشمال
    Tashnag in LA were very active. 90% participation rate estimated.

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
    • 11:58
      باسيل من وزارة الخارجية:
      - هناك جهات سياسية في لبنان لديها إمكانية حركة أقل من غيرها في الخارج في طليعتها حزب الله وبالدرجة الثانية حركة أمل ويليهما التيار الوطني الحر بسبب الوضع السياسي
      - نسبة الاقتراع العامة للبنانيين في الانتشار بلغت 59%
      - المحصلة لنسب المقترعين في الخارج: أستراليا 58%، أوروبا 59.5%، أفريقيا 68%، أميركا اللاتينية 45%، الدول العربية حوالى 69%، أميركا قد تصل إلى 55%
    • 11:51
      باسيل من وزارة الخارجية:
      - لبنان سجل انتصارا كبيرا لكل اللبنانيين في الانتشار
      - نسبة المشاركة مقبولة جداً على عكس ما حاول بعض الاعلام الايحاء به اليوم
      - لم تحصل بتاريخ لبنان عملية انتخابية بهذه الشفافية
      - انجزنا انتخابات في ٤٠ دولة بكلفة متدنية لم تتخطّى المليون ونصف المليون دولار
      - نحن قادرون على انجاز مثل هذه الانتخابات بوجود الارادة السياسية والقرار
      - الشكاوى التي وردت خلال العملية الانتخابية طاولت كل التيارات السياسية

MELF

MELF

Orange Room Supporter
    المثل يقول... رجعت حليمة لعادتها القديمة

D

Death To Google

Indeed it is unfair to include diaspora votes from countries where HA is considered a terrorist organization and their supporters might be subject pressure and/or repercussions (USA & Gulf countries mainly). If the role of diaspora votes is to expand further in the future, we should exclude countries that list HA as terrorist organization.

N

new hope

Indeed it is unfair to include diaspora votes from countries where HA is considered a terrorist organization and their supporters might be subject pressure and/or repercusiones (USA & Gulf countries mainly). If the role of diaspora votes is to expand further in the future, we should exclude countries that list HA as terrorist organization.
    Because HA is
    And we saw how he terrorise other candidates in his area during this election - Baalbek marke3youn is a good example

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Indeed it is unfair to include diaspora votes from countries where HA is considered a terrorist organization and their supporters might be subject pressure and/or repercussions (USA & Gulf countries mainly). If the role of diaspora votes is to expand further in the future, we should exclude countries that list HA as terrorist organization.
    Cool kel yalli b syria w iran b sawto bala ma yejo 3a lebnen :D

E

es27

LF got voters and so does FPM and Marada and istiklal movement mustqbal will back FPM list in zgharta FM representative in zgharta was present and gives a speech during FPM and istiklal movement and FM gathering so they are backing FPM list in zgharta Many FM partisans were present as well

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    i think so far both michel mouawad and gebran bassil are guaranteed to win; if they manage to secure a high enough fraction beyond the second seat they will get the third seat for sure, no clue who it may go to or whether or not it will go for the orthodox or the maronite candidate.

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    everything is a point of view, even matters of life and death. el maktab el tene was abusing freedoms indeed, but it was a necessary and yet not so bitter medicine, the impact it had on your life as a citizen was pretty marginal, minimal, and even unnoticeable. the alternative turned out to be more than two hundred thousand martyred, many in cold blood, without mentioning the wounded and crippled. the result was that the destruction of every single sector in Lebanon. the result was the complete obliteration of freedom. etc…

this is not much different from people asking shou tale3 ya3mel hizballah b souriya? now the question would be understandable coming from asalafi/wahhabi sunni, but it is not understandable when it comes from a moderate sunni, let alone from a Christian, and let alone when it comes from an educated and supposedely discerning person. such people are braindead or brain damaged at best. they do not see further than their noses.

the very same applies to every individual stripping michel aoun from a direly needed support and replacing his deputies with charbel nahhas and paula yaakoubian, when the wolves are at the gates waiting for the opportune moment to sink their teeth into what little we have left. this problem is mainly a Christian one, it manifests itself in a stage that is halfway between knowledge and ignorance, which is the most dangerous state of being. these folks are now doing what they do best, pulling the rug from under GMAs feet. genuinely believing that ghada 3id and charbel nahhas will provide them 24/7 electricity, provide permanent solutions for the garbage, and turn Lebanon into switzerland.

and yes an officer ran into you, big deal. there will always be assholes even in the army. it does not mean you should weaken the army and cut its wings when we have 2 million syrian refugees living in utter pauverty in Lebanon and may go out of control at any minute. this is the kind of scales that are messed up in the brains of the masses. you cannot put things in perspective. and as such, your point of view is more often than not, pretty wrong and pretty messed up and in existential matters: deadly.
    Again the timeline makes the difference. The war started after the Cairo agreement. That was a mistake because the Lebanese army was wiping the floor with the plo. Camille chamoun and Pierre gemayel wanted to setup a strong christian front to counter it. .Elmaktab eltani wanted to appoint elyas Sarkis as president. Yes the crying one RIP. Good bloke chehabi but weak as piss. It lost its compass. You make Camille chamoun look like an idiot.
    No one is attacking the LA but you can't deny that Emile lahoud and Michel sleiman weren't the sharpest tools in the shed..

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Again the timeline makes the difference. The war started after the Cairo agreement. That was a mistake because the Lebanese army was wiping the floor with the plo. Camille chamoun and Pierre gemayel wanted to setup a strong christian front to counter it. .Elmaktab eltani wanted to appoint elyas Sarkis as president. Yes the crying one RIP. Good bloke chehabi but weak as piss. It lost its compass. You make Camille chamoun look like an idiot.
    No one is attacking the LA but you can't deny that Emile lahoud and Michel sleiman weren't the sharpest tools in the shed..
    the elections i am talking about occurred in 1968, it was when chamoun, gemayel, and edde decimated fouad chehab in the elections instead of supporting him. that was a precursor to the cairo agreement in 1969, and it was a game changer for everything related to the state and its institutions, they followed it up by electing sleiman franjiyi, an illiterate criminal to the presidency, simply to spite shehab further and keep his candidate out.

sleiman franjiyi's first order of business was to his zghertawis: "yalle byerja3 3inde y2elle inno fa2ir ba3d 6 snin badde ***k emmo." in these exact words. this was the doing of camille chamoun and pierre gemayel and remonds eddeh. it is not only they are not smart, they are the crappiest idiots you could ever imagine. i was barely a kido when camille chamoun passed away in 1987, but i was old enough to remember how he used to take his decisions; nothing is the result of reflection, kello by impulse; he was a close friend of the family and we knew him pretty well. so trust me, his best asset was his looks. i could list you the list of deadly strategic mistakes he made, along with pierre gemayel, and they are all of a grave caliber, and it is because of their short sight that we are in this deep shit today. not to diminish the impact of kamal jumblat's treachery, he was not all that different, except that he belonged to a different sect.

fou2ad shehab established a state and built institutions despite all his shortcomings, while they established a farm and destroyed the institutions despite all what they had going for them. shehab was a man of integrity deeply respected for his honesty, while gemayel and chamoun were back stabbing opportunists. hayde in short. even shamoun's golden era was a propaganda act, Lebanon was simply still healthy back then.

Last edited:
    Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    the elections i am talking about occurred in 1968, it was when chamoun, gemayel, and edde decimated fouad chehab in the elections instead of supporting him. that was a precursor to the cairo agreement in 1969, and it was a game changer for everything related to the state and its institutions, they followed it up by electing sleiman franjiyi, an illiterate criminal to the presidency, simply to spite shehab further and keep his candidate out.

sleiman franjiyi's first order of business was to his zghertawis: "yalle byerja3 3inde y2elle inno fa2ir ba3d 6 snin badde ***k emmo." in these exact words. this was the doing of camille chamoun and pierre gemayel and remonds eddeh. it is not only they are not smart, they are the crappiest idiots you could ever imagine. i was barely a kido when camille chamoun passed away in 1987, but i was old enough to remember how he used to take his decisions; nothing is the result of reflection, kello by impulse; he was a close friend of the family and we knew him pretty well. so trust me, his best asset was his looks. i could list you the list of deadly strategic mistakes he made, along with pierre gemayel, and they are all of a grave caliber, and it is because of their short sight that we are in this deep shit today.

fou2ad shehab established a state and built institutions despite all his shortcomings, while they established a farm and destroyed the institutions despite all what they had going for them. shehab was a man of integrity deeply respected for his honesty, while gemayel and chamoun were back stabbing opportunists. hayde in short.
    I can corroborate ur sentiments towards chamoon.

My dad was in ahrar and kept a diary of his meetings at the time. He was infatuated by camille's charisma, but told me as time went on it was clear that the guy has no in depth view of wats happenning around and their future consequences. And he left when chamoun's idiocy cost many if his friends their life agaisnt gemayel.

Te3tir

U

unitedlb

LF got voters and so does FPM and Marada and istiklal movement mustqbal will back FPM list in zgharta FM representative in zgharta was present and gives a speech during FPM and istiklal movement and FM gathering so they are backing FPM list in zgharta Many FM partisans were present as well
    I really hope you are right, because I've heard so many times that FM will split its votes by giving them to Bassil in Batroun (as little as they may be in that district), Ghosn in Koura and Marada in Zgharta. I never understood the logic of them supporting an opposing list in Zgharta and hope that this doesn't happen.

E

es27

I really hope you are right, because I've heard so many times that FM will split its votes by giving them to Bassil in Batroun (as little as they may be in that district), Ghosn in Koura and Marada in Zgharta. I never understood the logic of them supporting an opposing list in Zgharta and hope that this doesn't happen.
    U can check the gathering for tayyar and istiklal movement FM supporters were present in addition the head of FM in zgharta gave a speech during the ceremony so they are going to vote for this list

U

unitedlb

i think so far both michel mouawad and gebran bassil are guaranteed to win; if they manage to secure a high enough fraction beyond the second seat they will get the third seat for sure, no clue who it may go to or whether or not it will go for the orthodox or the maronite candidate.
    Which other Maronite can it possibly be? If Micho wins, it can't be Raffoul. Given that Gebran will win, it can't be Nehmat Ibrahim. And off course, we can't win a seat in Bsharre. The third seat can only be an Orthodox seat, either Nicholas Ghosn (FM) or George Attalah (FPM). I hope it's George.