• Advertisement
  • LVV

LVV

Congrats to PMA and Bassil this great achievement
    60 percent participation

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    Anyone keeping an eye on airport Beirut movement? Already heard of people getting tickets for elections Marada Ouwet and Kataeb. I hope FPM is aware of it

L

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    OTV said FPM is happy about results in USA but half of Armenians left without voting due to the long waiting times!

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Anyone keeping an eye on airport Beirut movement? Already heard of people getting tickets for elections Marada Ouwet and Kataeb. I hope FPM is aware of it
    Bro tickets are les than 10% of 2009
    And won’t make much of a diffenrence really

And yes some Tayar allies have brought osme .
    Ouwat are bringing some to zahle and bchare
    Marada few , dozens max to zgharta
    Basically we are talking in my estimate less than 4 k nation wide for all

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    OTV said FPM is happy about results in USA but half of Armenians left without voting due to the long waiting times!
    Why you s negative
    Usa got like 60% participation rate
    And yes Tayyar did very well vis a vis Ouwat vote in diasporas
    And for tour info Ouwat managed to get from Australia vote max max 2400 for te whole districts .ye3ni intako big time where they were expecting like 5 k

MELF

MELF

Orange Room Supporter
    In LA? Yeah it was a problem.

4,000 were registered and voting at LA poll station, almost half of all US registered voters.

That didn't make sense to me because there was another polling station about 1 hour away and that one only had about 400 registered voters.

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

Why you s negative
    Usa got like 60% participation rate
    And yes Tayyar did very well vis a vis Ouwat vote in diasporas
    And for tour info Ouwat managed to get from Australia vote max max 2400 for te whole districts .ye3ni intako big time where they were expecting like 5 k
    What are your expectations regarding koulouna watani? Seems all independents will be going there

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    What are your expectations regarding koulouna watani? Seems all independents will be going there
    Rasson sermayet ya man
    Ennsaaa moujatama3 they got barely any votes

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    the elections i am talking about occurred in 1968, it was when chamoun, gemayel, and edde decimated fouad chehab in the elections instead of supporting him. that was a precursor to the cairo agreement in 1969, and it was a game changer for everything related to the state and its institutions, they followed it up by electing sleiman franjiyi, an illiterate criminal to the presidency, simply to spite shehab further and keep his candidate out

the elections i am talking about occurred in 1968, it was when chamoun, gemayel, and edde decimated fouad chehab in the elections instead of supporting him. that was a precursor to the cairo agreement in 1969, and it was a game changer for everything related to the state and its institutions, they followed it up by electing sleiman franjiyi, an illiterate criminal to the presidency, simply to spite shehab further and keep his candidate out.

sleiman franjiyi's first order of business was to his zghertawis: "yalle byerja3 3inde y2elle inno fa2ir ba3d 6 snin badde ***k emmo." in these exact words. this was the doing of camille chamoun and pierre gemayel and remonds eddeh. it is not only they are not smart, they are the crappiest idiots you could ever imagine. i was barely a kido when camille chamoun passed away in 1987, but i was old enough to remember how he used to take his decisions; nothing is the result of reflection, kello by impulse; he was a close friend of the family and we knew him pretty well. so trust me, his best asset was his looks. i could list you the list of deadly strategic mistakes he made, along with pierre gemayel, and they are all of a grave caliber, and it is because of their short sight that we are in this deep shit today. not to diminish the impact of kamal jumblat's treachery, he was not all that different, except that he belonged to a different sect.

fou2ad shehab established a state and built institutions despite all his shortcomings, while they established a farm and destroyed the institutions despite all what they had going for them. shehab was a man of integrity deeply respected for his honesty, while gemayel and chamoun were back stabbing opportunists. hayde in short. even shamoun's golden era was a propaganda act, Lebanon was simply still healthy back then.

sleiman franjiyi's first order of business was to his zghertawis: "yalle byerja3 3inde y2elle inno fa2ir ba3d 6 snin badde ***k emmo." in these exact words. this was the doing of camille chamoun and pierre gemayel and remonds eddeh. it is not only they are not smart, they are the crappiest idiots you could ever imagine. i was barely a kido when camille chamoun passed away in 1987, but i was old enough to remember how he used to take his decisions; nothing is the result of reflection, kello by impulse; he was a close friend of the family and we knew him pretty well. so trust me, his best asset was his looks. i could list you the list of deadly strategic mistakes he made, along with pierre gemayel, and they are all of a grave caliber, and it is because of their short sight that we are in this deep shit today. not to diminish the impact of kamal jumblat's treachery, he was not all that different, except that he belonged to a different sect.

fou2ad shehab established a state and built institutions despite all his shortcomings, while they established a farm and destroyed the institutions despite all what they had going for them. shehab was a man of integrity deeply respected for his honesty, while gemayel and chamoun were back stabbing opportunists. hayde in short. even shamoun's golden era was a propaganda act, Lebanon was simply still healthy back then.
    Your point of view is that elmaktib eltani should run the country. Very sophisticated. They interfered in public life in a way that made hafez elassad proud. No one pressured them to sign the Cairo agreement. General Emile bustany signed it. Not surprising he was later sacked by the government for corruption.
    If you visit Zgharta you realise quickly that SF failed miserably if he stated what you said.
    Camille chamoun in 1987 was a tired broken man. The war drained him out but he tried and was very effective in his days. It was a golden era.
    Lebanons problem is was and always be sectarian unless you believe the marble game that started the Maronites druze war.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Your point of view is that elmaktib eltani should run the country. Very sophisticated. They interfered in public life in a way that made hafez elassad proud. No one pressured them to sign the Cairo agreement. General Emile bustany signed it. Not surprising he was later sacked by the government for corruption.
    If you visit Zgharta you realise quickly that SF failed miserably if he stated what you said.
    Camille chamoun in 1987 was a tired broken man. The war drained him out but he tried and was very effective in his days. It was a golden era.
    Lebanons problem is was and always be sectarian unless you believe the marble game that started the Maronites druze war.
    Shu ya3neh el maktab el teneh?

General Bustani was an asshole. What was he thinking when signed the Cairo Agreement? B7amlo mas2ouliyyit el 7arb el ahlieh.

Last edited:
    lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Shu ya3neh el maktab el teneh?

General Bustani was an asshole. What was he thinking when signed the Cairo Agreement? B7malo mas2ouliyyit el 7arb el ahlieh.
    Moukhart eljaiss ss equivalent.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Bro tickets are les than 10% of 2009
    And won’t make much of a diffenrence really

And yes some Tayar allies have brought osme .
    Ouwat are bringing some to zahle and bchare
    Marada few , dozens max to zgharta
    Basically we are talking in my estimate less than 4 k nation wide for all
    Lol at "some tayyar allies" :) Tell me how many are being flown to Batroun to support nefnefe's candidate there? :)

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Lol Problem was that they separated the voters to 2 lines one for male and one female. Created the mother of all confusions :)

Just a joke ok, so no one gets carried away :)

Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    Tashnag has big presence in LA. If am not mistaken its Guy Manoukian cousin who is Mayor in Glendale ( Rafi Manoukian - Wikipedia ) .

Los Angeles will definetly be orange.
    Yes, I've been to the Lebanese Consulate in Hollywood Street in LA once and I saw many Armenian men gathering in the buildings' entries smoking and chatting as if they were in Bourj Hammoud. There is a very big Armenian community there. We have many Armenian friends and their families living there.

Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    يصل من اوروبا عند الساعة ٧،٣٠ من مساء اليوم الى مطار رفيق الحريري الدولي ٧٠ طرداً ديبلوماسياً

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    i voted in Toronto on Sunday... all was good and well organized except for two issues:
    - the Lebanese who are hardheaded (tyous)! the poor staffers kept making announcements that anyone going in to vote HAS TO HAVE a plastic ID card of valid Lebanese passport.. the TYOUS kept going in with neither, and then starting to negotiate/argue inside, delaying the whole process.. i heard some people waiting outside ended up getting tired and left.
    - The Lebanese are too loud! waiting for half an hour in the queue, listening to VERY LOUD CONVERSATIONS by everyone.. I'm no longer used to it.. i was hoping for a Tylenol.

otherwise, it was a good experience :)