Parliamentary elections 2018 Election in Diaspora in late April

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

So, I was looking at the results by districts and by for the expats.

Turns out that my vote in Germany did not reach Lebanon. The entire Box #9 from Frankfurt is unaccounted for.
Any insight on this ? I've noticed also a few other ballots in Germany that are missing.

What happened there?

Not that it will make a difference, but it feels like shit knowing my vote was not counted !

Can anybody relay this information to the ministry of Foreign Affairs ?

View attachment 10036
That is not right and illegal. There was so much fraud in this election. One thing for sure never give FM the Interior ministry.

• Advertisement
  • L

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    it seems FPM did very well in France

بالأرقام: التيار الوطني الحر في فرنسا حاز على أعلى نسبة مقترعين وحل أولاً في العديد من الأقضية

MAY

حاز التيار الوطني الحر في فرنسا على اعلى نسبة مقترعين بين الأحزاب المنافسة وحل اولا في العديد من الأقضية. اما في التفاصيل حسب الماكينة الانتخابية في فرنسا، فهي على الشكل التالي:
    - في قضاء البترون حيث سجلت اعلى نسبة مشاركة في فرنسا من حيث الاقتراع، حاز لائحة الشمال القوي للتيار الوطني الحر على ٤٨ ٪؜ من المقترعين مقابل ٢٩٪؜ للائحة نبض الجمهورية القوية (القوات والكتائب معاً). وقد حاز الوزير جبران باسيل على ١١٣ صوت تفضيلي اَي اكثر من ضعفي الأصوات التفضيلية بالنسبة لأقرب المنافسين. اما لائحة معا للشمال المدعومة من فرنجية وحرب فقد حلت في المركز الأخير ب ٦،٨٪؜ بعد لائحة كلنا وطني.
    - في زغرتا حلت لائحة الشمال القوي في المركز الاول ب ٣٢،٤ ٪؜ متقدمة على اللوئح المتنافسة.
    - في عكار حلت لائحة عكار القوية في المركز الاول ب ٣٩،١ ٪؜ وحاز المرشح جيمي جبور على اعلى نسبة أصوات تفضيلية بين جميع المتنافسين على كافة اللوائح (٨٠ صوت)
    - في كسروان، اكتسحت لائحة لبنان القوي بنسبة ٦٢،١٪؜ بينما حازت لائحة التغيير الاكيد على المركز الثاني ب١٨٪؜. وقد حاز العميد شامل روكز على اعلى نسبة أصوات تفضيلية بين جميع المتنافسين على اللوائح (٦٨ صوت)
    - في جبيل، كانت فرنسا وفية للنائب سيمون ابي رميا ممثل التيار الوطني الحر على لائحة لبنان القوي حيث حاز على ٩٥ صوت تفضيلي من أصل ١٣٠ للائحة متفوقاً على جميع المتنافسين. وتكون اللائحة حلت في المركز الاول بنسبة ٤٨،٥٪؜
    - في المتن، حلت لائحة المتن القوي في المركز الاول بنسبة ٣٨،٩٪؜ وحل النائب ادغار معلوف اولا في الأصوات التفضيلية بين أعضاء اللائحة.
    - في جزين، اكتسح التيار الوطني الحر النتيجة حيث حلت لائحة صيدا وجزين في المركز الاول ب ٥٠،٤٪؜ وتقاسمت لوائح القوات وامل المركزين الثاني والثالث. وحل النائب زياد اسود أولاً في الأصوات التفضيلية بين جميع المتنافسين حاصدا ٧٥ صوت تفضيلي.
    - في البقاع الغربي، حلت لائحة الغد الأفضل أولى بنسبة ٣٧،٤٪؜ مع النائب ايلي الفرزلي اولا من حيث الأصوات التفضيلية بين جميع المتنافسين.
    - في بيروت الأولى، حازت لائحة بيروت الاولى للتيار وحلفائه على ٤٢،٨٪؜ وحصدت بذلك المركز الاول امام تحالف القوات والكتائب وفرعون الذين حازو على ٣١،٧٪؜. وقد تفوق الوزير نقولا صحناوي على جميع المنافسين من حيث الصوت التفضيلي (٥٠ صوت).
    - في بيروت الثانية، حلت لائحة وحدة بيروت بمشاركة التيار الوطني الحر في المركز الاول ٣٣،٥٪؜ متقدمة على جميع المتنافسين (٩ لوائح).
    - في بعبدا، تقاسمت لائحة الوفاق الوطني المركز الاول مع لائحة وحدة وإنماء بعبدا بنسبة ٣٨،١ ٪؜. وحل النائب ألان عون اولا على اللائحة من حيث الأصوات التفضيلية.
    - في عاليه ايضاً، تساوت لائحة ضمانة الجبل بعدد الأصوات مع لائحة المصالحة بنسبة ٣٧،٣٪؜ وقد حل الوزير سيزار ابي خليل أولاً ب ٥١ صوت تفضيلي بين جميع المتنافسين في القضاء.
    اما في زحلة فقد حلت لائحة زحلة للكل في المركز الثاني ب ٣٥،١٪؜ وكذلك الامر في الكورة ب ٢٦،٥٪؜ والشوف ب ٢٠،٨٪؜. ولَم يوفق التيار في دوائر بشري وبعلبك الهرمل حيث الحضور التاريخي كان للمتنافسين.
    وكان لافتا حصول التيار على المركز الثاني في دائرة حاصبيا مرجعيون ب٢٠٪؜ مقابل حصول لائحة الأمل والوفاء على ٤١،٨٪؜.
    وبذلك يكون التيار الوطني الحر قد حل أولاً في الانتخابات النيابية في فرنسا في ١٠ أقضية وتقاسم المركز الاول في قضائين اخرين. كما انه سجل فوزا كاسحا في كسروان، جبيل، البترون وجزين.
    وقد حصد التيار وحلفائه نسبة أصوات تفوق جميع منافسيه المباشرين مجتمعين في الأقضية المذكورة.

geogeo758

geogeo758

They really need to make more initiative to register the diaspora, in large numbers
    this is the only way to preserve the christian vote moving forward
    overall the christian vote was able to increase by 1%

H

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
    No point in voting when results don't matter. Best techno DJ* bi2allif 7okome technocrat.

*it's a trick all techno is bad.

B

Beth_Ansho

They really need to make more initiative to register the diaspora, in large numbers
    this is the only way to preserve the christian vote moving forward
    overall the christian vote was able to increase by 1%
    Increasing the Christian vote in the diaspora is only but an admission of the inevitable. It would be a nice symbolic step, but I wouldn't count on it changing much. Most of them are very out of touch with the political realities in Lebanon. 2018 was somewhat of an exception because of Bassil's extra push and the exception given on the identification rules. If anything, there should be more of an effort for the diaspora to retain/regain citizenship. Plus, next time around the diaspora will have dedicated districts and MPs, so, it won't have an impact on demographics in Lebanon.

geogeo758

geogeo758

Increasing the Christian vote in the diaspora is only but an admission of the inevitable. It would be a nice symbolic step, but I wouldn't count on it changing much. Most of them are very out of touch with the political realities in Lebanon. 2018 was somewhat of an exception because of Bassil's extra push and the exception given on the identification rules. If anything, there should be more of an effort for the diaspora to retain/regain citizenship. Plus, next time around the diaspora will have dedicated districts and MPs, so, it won't have an impact on demographics in Lebanon.
    I appreciate your input, but I respectfully disagree. The registration period last time was not as organized as it should have been; there were less than 2 months to register- and still ~92k people registered. No I do not think that all 8 million will be registered by any means, but I do believe, had this been done over a 1 year period, the total amount could have easily been 350-500K. Many people may not know the specific details, but I do think that many still want to be involved and aware of the situation. And this is supported by the connection people have to their home land (ie the financial support provided by diaspora to Lebanon). My point is- if there was structure and clear organization, half the problems we are having today wouldn't occur.

S

Saj

It needs to be clarified that when we talk about 12 million Lebanese out of Lebanon, we’re including people whose great grandparents came from Lebanon and whose claim to Lebanon is having some Lebanese ethnicity. These people don’t care about Lebanon anymore. They are fully assimilated Americans, Brazilians, Australians, etc. They are no more Lebanese than Tom Cruise is German. They do not identify with Lebanon.

The Lebanese who retain an interest in Lebanon are immigrants of the last 40 years and maybe the first generation (their children) born outside. That is not 12 million people. That is closer to 1 million. And they are as much Muslim as they are Christian. So this idea that registering the diaspora is going to delay the inevitable continued decline of Christian numbers is wrong.

We need to seize the (semi) unity we’ve been seeing this past month and work toward a secular civil state and stop trying to win the demographic war. It’s a war the Christians have been losing since the creation of Lebanon.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

It needs to be clarified that when we talk about 12 million Lebanese out of Lebanon, we’re including people whose great grandparents came from Lebanon and whose claim to Lebanon is having some Lebanese ethnicity. These people don’t care about Lebanon anymore. They are fully assimilated Americans, Brazilians, Australians, etc. They are no more Lebanese than Tom Cruise is German. They do not identify with Lebanon.

The Lebanese who retain an interest in Lebanon are immigrants of the last 40 years and maybe the first generation (their children) born outside. That is not 12 million people. That is closer to 1 million. And they are as much Muslim as they are Christian. So this idea that registering the diaspora is going to delay the inevitable continued decline of Christian numbers is wrong.

We need to seize the (semi) unity we’ve been seeing this past month and work toward a secular civil state and stop trying to win the demographic war. It’s a war the Christians have been losing since the creation of Lebanon.
    the actual numbers outside who are already registered are 1.5 mil. yep a slight majority are muslims but there are many who are christians who simply dont register. the christians due to them mixing with the population more outside they dont both registering. that is changing and it is a slow process but is happening.

with all that yep we still need a secular country secular laws. this isnt about muslims and christians. simply both communities and the whole 18 are not happy.

geogeo758

geogeo758

I respect what you're saying. However, I do think the number is closer to 2-3 million. 1.8 million emigrated from 1975-2011 as documented through Lebanese records. surely, had there been a more organized registration process for a longer period of time more would have registered. and i don't think its fair to say, "to delay the inevitable", as there have been many unjust decrees/laws enacted over the years to specifically tip the balance. had the 1994 decree never passed for example, one could estimate that there would be a more even distribution between both religions.

however, i do agree in that we should work on unity. the current lebanese state is a disgrace and no side over the last 30 years has been able to secure basic human rights. that alone speaks volumes.

B

Beth_Ansho

I appreciate your input, but I respectfully disagree. The registration period last time was not as organized as it should have been; there were less than 2 months to register- and still ~92k people registered. No I do not think that all 8 million will be registered by any means, but I do believe, had this been done over a 1 year period, the total amount could have easily been 350-500K. Many people may not know the specific details, but I do think that many still want to be involved and aware of the situation. And this is supported by the connection people have to their home land (ie the financial support provided by diaspora to Lebanon). My point is- if there was structure and clear organization, half the problems we are having today wouldn't occur.
    We're in agreement. I think along with getting people registered for elections, there should be a campaign to encourage more diaspora awareness of Lebanon through tourism and regaining citizenship (particularly among 2nd and 3rd generation Lebanese and beyond). LDE and "Lebanity" are tepid steps in the right direction.