Parliamentary elections 2018 Elections 2018 analysis and discussions.

The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member
I’m sure most koullouna watani candidates are full of good intentions and want to work hard. But I’m not sure they’re locally funded anymore, it’s very possible and probable they’re not, as they’re certain to be FPM’s biggest Achilles heel, and there’s no shortage of people working on making sure the latter fail either.

What I do not accept, is this glossing over of facts. Yes 10 years have passed and it’s a long time but you cannot just decide it’s FPM’s fault, that the people have let them try and and they in turn have failed.
Vote for whoever you want but do so knowing that every other party at a certain point of time in the last 10 years has worked on making sure FPM’s coalition fails, has worked towards discrediting their right to represent, has stayed silent while FPM was the only one shouting, on and on and on ....

In a parallel universe, probably fpm baroud koullouna watani and all the likes would have been represented under one umbrella, because really theres absolutely nothing that differentiates them from one another. They all want a forward thinking modern secular government without corruption.

But now as it stands, today, FPM are the strongest bunch in the Christian community and yes your only hope to a solution to this country, whether you want to admit it or not.
I'm not sure what your definition of hope is, but for me, a party that allows major corruption cases to happen under their nose and to be afraid to do anything about it, or to hold 11 ministries where less than half have done notable work while others were busy either doing nothing or sharing the cake with their new allies or to let major thieves and criminals off the hook because they're their allies now.....that's not hope.
That's more of the same

• Advertisement
  • AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Orange Room Supporter
    Sab3a are funded by businessmen and benefactors, but never revealed who they were.

Also billboards are not the most expensive thing, tv appearences are the biggest spending point.

Also nahas keeps haunting my fb page thru fb ads asking for donations, he's worse than the founder of wikipedia..
    I could be wrong, but I don't think Kulluna Watania are paying for all their TV appearances. LBC seems to be supporting them! At least that's the intention I got during their coverage of #YouStink protests.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Staff member
    @Iron Maiden I think w're doomed.
    The Civil Community will win 2-3 seats in the best scenario. They will face opposition from Berri and other MPs, and will feel unable to pass any bills until they bite the bullet and ally with other parties.

But they should resist this temptation and work hard in order to earn people's trust. Hopefully in 4 years (or was it 5?) people will feel more motivated to vote for them.

They may be 2 or 3 MPs but they will be remembered as the politicians who opposed this and that decision.
    I dont kmow why i got the menttion but thank you nonetheless :)

N

new hope

It's more like, "who didn't do their job for this to happen?"
    I'll give you a hint: it has to do with the environment
    It’s not about who didn’t do his job
    That’s a criminal act and the one behind it should be taken to court

rae27

rae27

I'm not sure what your definition of hope is, but for me, a party that allows major corruption cases to happen under their nose and to be afraid to do anything about it, or to hold 11 ministries where less than half have done notable work while others were busy either doing nothing or sharing the cake with their new allies or to let major thieves and criminals off the hook because they're their allies now.....that's not hope.
    That's more of the same
    Take your time and elaborate every corruption instance done by FPM. Here’s your platform, and go ahead. Tell us please what we all don’t know, except for rumors spread by a corrupt media system.

Be firm but fair, otherwise don’t waste our time.

rae27

rae27

Again be firm but fair. Fi gher tanssa bil jesh!!
    Some idiot is responsible and he will be tried and convicted.

Isabella

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Again be firm but fair. Fi gher tanssa bil jesh!!
    Some idiot is responsible and he will be tried and convicted.
    Just like all the other people who were tried and convicted?

rae27

rae27

Just like all the other people who were tried and convicted?
    Yes of course, let me guess, and the reason for them not being tried and convicted is Aoun and his herd, not all the ****ers in this country that have been present way before FPM and count on staying for as long as possible by disrupting every small good action anyone (not only fpm) tries to do.

As GB stated very clearly yesterday, and as much as I don’t want to be quoting him I will now, you are either with the “Father of everyone” or the “Father of corruption”.

Yes it’s that simple. If you can’t see that there are forces within the parliament and cabinet that have done nothing but disrupt, it’s really all our loss and your problem.

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    One who read your post thinks that the Environment budget around $10 billion annually

Isabella

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    I’m sure most koullouna watani candidates are full of good intentions and want to work hard. But I’m not sure they’re locally funded anymore, it’s very possible and probable they’re not, as they’re certain to be FPM’s biggest Achilles heel, and there’s no shortage of people working on making sure the latter fail either.

What I do not accept, is this glossing over of facts. Yes 10 years have passed and it’s a long time but you cannot just decide it’s FPM’s fault, that the people have let them try and and they in turn have failed.
    Vote for whoever you want but do so knowing that every other party at a certain point of time in the last 10 years has worked on making sure FPM’s coalition fails, has worked towards discrediting their right to represent, has stayed silent while FPM was the only one shouting, on and on and on ....

In a parallel universe, probably fpm baroud koullouna watani and all the likes would have been represented under one umbrella, because really theres absolutely nothing that differentiates them from one another. They all want a forward thinking modern secular government without corruption.

But now as it stands, today, FPM are the strongest bunch in the Christian community and yes your only hope to a solution to this country, whether you want to admit it or not.
    I wasn't going to reply to this post because it's also more of the same lol! However I have no hope to a solution to this country, well more precisely a set of solutions... I love Lebanon, but I'm not delusional enough to believe that 10 more years of fpm will be different than the past 13, or any other party for that matter! I also don't believe change will come in the form of the 2 or 3 candidates tops who may or may not win from koullouna watani lists. I do understand why people put their faith in kulluna watani and why others remained loyal to fpm despite all the red flags and compromises along the way!

I made my choice of not supporting anyone, at least not entirely... So no, fpm is not my only hope, it's not even an h lol!

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Orange Room Supporter
    Anyone thinks it's ironic that expats can vote from their country of residence but we, Lebanese citizens, have to drive all the way to our hometown to cast our vote?

I can count a few capitals that are less of a hassle to get to than my Lebanese hometown.

Can Gibran work on this issue?

Last edited:
    rae27

rae27

I wasn't going to reply to this post because it's also more of the same lol! However I have no hope to a solution to this country, well more precisely a set of solutions... I love Lebanon, but I'm not delusional enough to believe that 10 more years of fpm will be different than the past 13, or any other party for that matter! I also don't believe change will come in the form of the 2 or 3 candidates tops who may or may not win from koullouna watani lists. I do understand why people put their faith in kulluna watani and why others remained loyal to fpm despite all the red flags and compromises along the way!

I made my choice of not supporting anyone, at least not entirely... So no, fpm is not my only hope, it's not even an h lol!
    I completely agree with the content of everything you said. And I want nothing more than what you want.
    But our only “h” comes from supporting the only possible probable coalition that might make a change.

Note: I’m neither fpm card holder nor full time supporter. I am a modern Lebanese with modern values, and have voted for Baroud because as much as feel like an independent and identify with koullouna watani’s demands, today the way forward is supporting the president with the biggest coalition.

W

wdawle1

In 2009 I said we cannot do worse in elections then what we did, in 2018 I am hoping we perform as good as 2009.After elections is over, we have to sit down with the ex-fpmers and try to come back together.

Isabella

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yes of course, let me guess, and the reason for them not being tried and convicted is Aoun and his herd, not all the ****ers in this country that have been present way before FPM and count on staying for as long as possible by disrupting every small good action anyone (not only fpm) tries to do.

As GB stated very clearly yesterday, and as much as I don’t want to be quoting him I will now, you are either with the “Father of everyone” or the “Father of corruption”.

Yes it’s that simple. If you can’t see that there are forces within the parliament and cabinet that have done nothing but disrupt, it’s really all our loss and your problem.
    Lol don't jump to conclusions my comment was not that deep! You said they will be tried and convicted I asked if it was like all other corrupt individuals who were tried and convicted... Where exactly did I mention aoun?

rae27

rae27

Lol don't jump to conclusions my comment was not that deep! You said they will be tried and convicted I asked if it was like all other corrupt individuals who were tried and convicted... Where exactly did I mention aoun?
    Was just riding the let’s blame fpm wave and assumed. Sorry.

rae27

rae27

Anyone thinks it's ironic that expats can vote from their country of residence but we, Lebanese citizens, have to drive all the way to our hometown to cast our vote?

I can count a few capitals that are less of hassle to get to than my Lebanese hometown.

Lamarkaziyya Idariyya would definitely be a stepping stone to solving this.

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

I can count a few capitals that are less of a hassle to get to than my Lebanese hometown.

He already did, they all fought him all the way to not let the megacenter and magnetic cards be a reality so that you can vote from your town of residence

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member

there is already a solution. FPM was pushing for megacenters which are stated by the law, where people could vote anywhere in Lebanon without having to drive to their hometowns. however the project was obstructed by jumblat and nabih berri, to ensure that the Christian participation in chouf/alley and the villages in the south would remain at a minimum.

F

freelebanonn

Legendary Member

Jubran was working on the megacenters where you can vote from you place of residence instead of driving miles to your hometown. Guess who refused? Berri and jumblat.