Parliamentary elections 2018 Elections: Baabda district

NAFAR

Legendary Member
can someone enlighten me on the benefit/ purpose of allying with Shi3a duo in this district?
If FPM has 28K votes and the 7assel is around 15K, then FPM can form its own list and get 2 guaranteed MPs with Hobeika/SSNP/Shi3a opposition figures...etc/
I know Jubran and (behind him GMA) is not that stupid, so there must be something else....I hope!

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
They decided to keep all 3! For the purpose of what? Trying to elect all 3? That is completely impossible! The FPM/HA/Amal alliance can at most elect 4 MPs. If that happens, it will be 2 FPM, 1 HA and 1 Amal. We simply don't have the numbers to elect all 3 FPM candidates. If the FPM/HA/Amal alliance elects 3 MPs, it will either be 2 FPM / 1 HA or 1 FPM / 1 HA / 1 Amal. By nominating 3 Maronite candidates instead of 2, we are significantly harming our chances of electing 2 FPM MPs and instead helping Amal to elect an MP. This really really troubles me. Unless we have a good explanation, one of our 3 candidates must withdraw.
They kept all 3 not to elect all 3 but for the people to choose which 2 to keep.

Sherlock

It is impossible that FPM allied with the Shiite duo without examining all the possibilities in terms of the percentage of overall voting (turnout) and the amount of the strength/weak points of other lists. This alliance will get at least 4 seats.

unitedlb

They kept all 3 not to elect all 3 but for the people to choose which 2 to keep.

How silly when it reduces our chances of actually getting two. Each region needs to be treated differently with its own calculations. What should have happened in Baabda is an internal pre-selection process to choose which 2 before finalising the list.

Sherlock

A simple note, but it must be remembered. Their’s a huge effect of other list/lists not getting the electoral quotient, and therefore this will effect positvely the list with the highest fraction by rising it share. This will be very frequent in the election.

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
How silly when it reduces our chances of actually getting two. Each region needs to be treated differently with its own calculations. What should have happened in Baabda is an internal pre-selection process to choose which 2 before finalising the list.
well if FPM wasnt sure about getting 2 they wouldnt have nominated all 3. I am sure about it.

lebanese1

Legendary Member
I hope you are right. Winning just one seat in Baabda will be a big flop.

they will get 4 if their opponents are not united.
Based on 2009:
- FPM and allies = 45 000
- Opponents = 37 000

If Opponents are split to 2 lists (32 000 + 5 000), [45 000 / (45 000 + 32 000)] x 6 = 3.51 seat vs 2.49 for the other list.

unitedlb

Yeah + they didn’t want to upset more people

I'd rather we upset someone to win two seats in Baabda, than to win just one seat in order to keep people happy. The candidates have been in parliament for 9 long years. They have had a fair ago.

unitedlb

Based on 2009:
- Opponents = 37 000

If Opponents are split to 2 lists (32 000 + 5 000), [45 000 / (45 000 + 32 000)] x 6 = 3.51 seat vs 2.49 for the other list.

That is cutting it sooo very close that it is not worth the risk. Plus those results were 9 years ago, who knows what we are facing now.

lebanese1

Legendary Member
That is cutting it sooo very close that it is not worth the risk. Plus those results were 9 years ago, who knows what we are facing now.

I think they expect much better results than in 2009 especially that the mafeti7 entikhabiyyeh in Baabda are mostly pro-3ahed whoever the president is. They were against us in 2009, now i is different.

unitedlb

I think they expect much better results than in 2009 especially that the mafeti7 entikhabiyyeh in Baabda are mostly pro-3ahed whoever the president is. They were against us in 2009, now i is different.

I hope so. I've always seen Baabda as an FPM fortress, at least among the Christian voters. Two of the three Christian seats is what we deserve.

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
Based on 2009:
- Opponents = 37 000

500K new voters were added to laweye7 l shatb in 2018 compared to 2009. I don't see anyone taking this increase into account...

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
أصدر الوزير والنائب السابق عبدالله فرحات بياناً أعلن فيه عن إنسحابه من السباق الانتخابي ودعمه للائحة التيار الوطني الحر ووقوفه الى جانب رئيس الجمهورية ومشروعه من أجل تحسين وتطوير الدولة والأوضاع الإقتصادية والإجتماعية بالتعاون مع رئيسي الحكومة ومجلس النواب.

وكان النائب آلان عون زار دارة الوزير والنائب السابق عبدالله فرحات في حمانا بحضور فعاليات العائلة والبلدة وشكره بإسم التيار الوطني الحر على دعمه ووقوفه الى جانب مشروع رئيس الجمهورية والدولة وأكدّ على إستكمال التعاون معه وسائر عائلات وفعاليات حمانا لخدمة المنطقة والوطن.

new hope

أصدر الوزير والنائب السابق عبدالله فرحات بياناً أعلن فيه عن إنسحابه من السباق الانتخابي ودعمه للائحة التيار الوطني الحر ووقوفه الى جانب رئيس الجمهورية ومشروعه من أجل تحسين وتطوير الدولة والأوضاع الإقتصادية والإجتماعية بالتعاون مع رئيسي الحكومة ومجلس النواب.

وكان النائب آلان عون زار دارة الوزير والنائب السابق عبدالله فرحات في حمانا بحضور فعاليات العائلة والبلدة وشكره بإسم التيار الوطني الحر على دعمه ووقوفه الى جانب مشروع رئيس الجمهورية والدولة وأكدّ على إستكمال التعاون معه وسائر عائلات وفعاليات حمانا لخدمة المنطقة والوطن.

Hahahaha :) so he’s with everybody hariri berri aoun ..
He sounds like a leader of a huge political movement

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
جو حبيقة اعلن انسحابه: لكم انتخاباتكم كما اردتموها ولي استقلاليتي وحرية خياراتي
الإثنين 26 آذار 2018 الساعة 18:42إنتخابات نيابية

وطنية - أعلن رئيس الحزب الوطني العلماني الديمقراطي "وعد" جو حبيقة انسحابه من العملية الانتخابية كمرشح عن دائرة بعبدا وكتب في
تغريدة له على حسابه على تويتر: "لكم انتخاباتكم كما اردتموها، ولي استقلاليتي وحرية خياراتي. مبروك للفائزين سلفا، والشكر لرفاقي وأصدقائي في دائرة بعبدا الذين دعموا ترشيحي، ولهم أقول ممنوع الشعور بالخيبة جراء خروجي من العملية الانتخابية وأؤكد أنني سأبقي معهم في استحقاقات أخرى مشرفة".

وكان حبيقة ترأس عصرا اجتماعا للمجلس السياسي للحزب، وافاد بيان انه "تمت مناقشة الأوضاع التي آلت اليها مجمل الحركة الانتخابية والاتصالات التي رافقتها، وتم التوافق على ان يتخذ الحزب لاحقاً قراره حيال كيفة التعاطي مع الاستحقاق الانتخابي في الدوائر التي للحزب فيها ملتزمين ومؤيدين، خصوصا في دائرة بعبدا ودوائر بيروت الاولى ، وكسروان - جبيل ، والمتن ، وعاليه - الشوف و زحلة".

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
جو حبيقة اعلن انسحابه: لكم انتخاباتكم كما اردتموها ولي استقلاليتي وحرية خياراتي
الإثنين 26 آذار 2018 الساعة 18:42إنتخابات نيابية

وطنية - أعلن رئيس الحزب الوطني العلماني الديمقراطي "وعد" جو حبيقة انسحابه من العملية الانتخابية كمرشح عن دائرة بعبدا وكتب في
تغريدة له على حسابه على تويتر: "لكم انتخاباتكم كما اردتموها، ولي استقلاليتي وحرية خياراتي. مبروك للفائزين سلفا، والشكر لرفاقي وأصدقائي في دائرة بعبدا الذين دعموا ترشيحي، ولهم أقول ممنوع الشعور بالخيبة جراء خروجي من العملية الانتخابية وأؤكد أنني سأبقي معهم في استحقاقات أخرى مشرفة".

وكان حبيقة ترأس عصرا اجتماعا للمجلس السياسي للحزب، وافاد بيان انه "تمت مناقشة الأوضاع التي آلت اليها مجمل الحركة الانتخابية والاتصالات التي رافقتها، وتم التوافق على ان يتخذ الحزب لاحقاً قراره حيال كيفة التعاطي مع الاستحقاق الانتخابي في الدوائر التي للحزب فيها ملتزمين ومؤيدين، خصوصا في دائرة بعبدا ودوائر بيروت الاولى ، وكسروان - جبيل ، والمتن ، وعاليه - الشوف و زحلة".

المجلس السياسي؟ يعني هو و مرتو؟ جد إلي استحوا ماتوا. يا محلا حزب التضامن

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
seems he isnst of a big enough rabbit for the shia duo to take him on
he went and abused General and tayyar wa 2adam warak e3tinado for nothing

btw did katrab bla bla make any lkist there

i have a feeling they didnt nd iwll back ouwat like they did all over