Elections Elections: Beirut 1 district

• Advertisement
  • TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
    20:36
    صحناوي: بعد ٢٥ عام على وجوده في البرلمان، يطالعنا النائب ميشال فرعون باخبار عن إهمال المسؤولين في الأشرفية وهو اقدمهم، صرلو ٢٥ سنة عالكرسي، لو بدها تشتّي كانت غيمت

The Jade

Legendary Member
    20:36
    صحناوي: بعد ٢٥ عام على وجوده في البرلمان، يطالعنا النائب ميشال فرعون باخبار عن إهمال المسؤولين في الأشرفية وهو اقدمهم، صرلو ٢٥ سنة عالكرسي، لو بدها تشتّي كانت غيمت
    Nicolas 3am bi khabbiss...
    The FPM has been in power for 10 years, yet it accuses "the government" for failing in its task...

Whatever he says about Pharaon can be applied to his group.
    Maybe he does think that his supporters are stupid...

Placebo

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Libaladi Candidates in Beirut 1:

لوري قره بت حيطايان
    مرشّحة في دائرة بيروت الأولى عن مقعد الأرمن الأرثوذكس

جمانة سلوم حداد
    مرشّحة في دائرة بيروت الأولى عن مقعد الأقليات

طارق ابراهيم عمّار
    مرشّح في دائرة بيروت الأولى عن المقعد الأرثوذكسي

جيلبر جورج ضومط
    مرشّح في دائرة بيروت الأولى عن المقعد الماروني

يوركي موريس تيروز
    مرشّح في دائرة بيروت الأولى عن مقعد الأرمن الكاثوليك

ليفون هوسب تلفزيان
    مرشّح في دائرة بيروت الأولى عن مقعد الأرمن الأرثوذكس

More details about the candidates: LiBaladi
    More about the electoral programme: LiBaladi
    That’s a lot of candidates for Libaladi in Beirut 1.

Is LiBaladi forming a list alone ? I thought they would ally with the ta7alof Watani to have a better chance ?

The Jade

Legendary Member

Is LiBaladi forming a list alone ? I thought they would ally with the ta7alof Watani to have a better chance ?
    As far as I know, these are the candidates, but the list hasn't been formed yet.
    I guess they will eventually ally with others from the Watani coalition.

walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Nicolas 3am bi khabbiss...
    The FPM has been in power for 10 years, yet it accuses "the government" for failing in its task...

Whatever he says about Pharaon can be applied to his group.
    Maybe he does think that his supporters are stupid...
    Without taking anything away from the li baladi list, I personally know one of them and he is as clean as they get, but given khalil’s Admittance of blocking the electricity plans, i wouldn’t go as far as to put pharaon and FPM in the same bucket. Sorry

ftouh

Without taking anything away from the li baladi list, I personally know one of them and he is as clean as they get, but given khalil’s Admittance of blocking the electricity plans, i wouldn’t go as far as to put pharaon and FPM in the same bucket. Sorry
    Unless Khalil, gebran and Nader couldn’t agree on the split... :):):)

dodzi

Legendary Member
    Libaladi Candidates in Beirut 1:

لوري قره بت حيطايان
    مرشّحة في دائرة بيروت الأولى عن مقعد الأرمن الأرثوذكس

جمانة سلوم حداد
    مرشّحة في دائرة بيروت الأولى عن مقعد الأقليات

طارق ابراهيم عمّار
    مرشّح في دائرة بيروت الأولى عن المقعد الأرثوذكسي

جيلبر جورج ضومط
    مرشّح في دائرة بيروت الأولى عن المقعد الماروني

يوركي موريس تيروز
    مرشّح في دائرة بيروت الأولى عن مقعد الأرمن الكاثوليك

ليفون هوسب تلفزيان
    مرشّح في دائرة بيروت الأولى عن مقعد الأرمن الأرثوذكس

More details about the candidates: LiBaladi
    More about the electoral programme: LiBaladi

Is LiBaladi forming a list alone ? I thought they would ally with the ta7alof Watani to have a better chance
    I thought they would have left the Greek Orthodox seat unchallenged in case of possible alliances.

The Jade

Legendary Member
    They can't be put in the same bucket, but let's just say in similar looking ones :)
    PS: what did Khalil say about blocking electricity plans?

walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    They can't be put in the same bucket, but let's just say in similar looking ones :)
    PS: what did Khalil say about blocking electricity plans?
    It was quoted on the electricity thread, basically he expressed his pride in blocking he deir Ammar plant because “fiya hadr and sir2a”... he was referring to the TVA clause which had been settled by the competent authorities (which he disregarded) and he thinks he reserved his right to save 30MM$ (or 50MM$) and cost the government some 8 billion $ in subsidies across the last 4-5 years

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    علم "ليبانون ديبايت" ان المرشحة عن المقعد الارثوذكسي في دائرة بيروت الاولى ميشيل جبران تويني بصدد تشكيل لائحة من أبرز نواتها النائب سيرج طورسركيسيان المرشح عن المقعد الأرمني الكاثوليكي، ومرشح حزب الوطنيين الاحرار عن مقعد الأقليات رفيق بازرجي.

وستخوض اللائحة غمار الاستحقاق الانتخابي بتحالفها مع المجتمع المدني, بحيث ستضم اليها وجوه سياسية ذات طابع مدني.

dodzi

Legendary Member
    It seems almost confirmed that the watani list will be made up of Ziad Abs, Paula Yaacoubian and the Li Baladi list.

Talking to many Beirutis that seem to favor that list and no longer trust the parties in power or currently in parliament. However, political discussions in this forum seem to disregard the existence of other than the traditional parties... This will make the surprise ever better