• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Parliamentary elections 2018 Elections: Beirut 1 district

• Advertisement
  • !Aoune32

!Aoune32

Are you referring to the Ghassan Saoud piece of news that might run with Kataeb?
    Same as Fouad Abi Nader?
    Abu Nader: My Return to Kataeb Aimed at Serving Lebanon Alongside My Comrades

The Kataeb chief's new adviser, Fouad Abu Nader, stressed that his decision to rejoin the party's ranks aims at making the Kataeb once again in the vanguard of pioneering political parties in the countries, and at continuing to serve Lebanon alongside his comrades and the current party leadership.

"My return revolves around three main objectives: change, modernization and openness," Abu Nader told the Kataeb.org website.

"It is time for all our comrades, who struggled for the sake of Lebanon and took up arms to defend a noble cause, to come back," he stressed. "Struggle will not be over as long as we have the will to overcome hardships."

Abu Nader voiced support for Kataeb chief Samy Gemayel's opposition stances, stressing that the party has always stood by the side of the aggrieved and defended freedoms.

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

Legendary Member
    Same as Fouad Abi Nader?

The Kataeb chief's new adviser, Fouad Abu Nader, stressed that his decision to rejoin the party's ranks aims at making the Kataeb once again in the vanguard of pioneering political parties in the countries, and at continuing to serve Lebanon alongside his comrades and the current party leadership.

"My return revolves around three main objectives: change, modernization and openness," Abu Nader told the Kataeb.org website.

"It is time for all our comrades, who struggled for the sake of Lebanon and took up arms to defend a noble cause, to come back," he stressed. "Struggle will not be over as long as we have the will to overcome hardships."

Abu Nader voiced support for Kataeb chief Samy Gemayel's opposition stances, stressing that the party has always stood by the side of the aggrieved and defended freedoms.
    Another article, but yes falls within the same lines. Seems Kataeb are trying to reabsorb old figures.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

Another article, but yes falls within the same lines. Seems Kataeb are trying to reabsorb old figures.
    well done to them. :)
    If Massoud goes to Kataeb then Nadim is out of Achrafiyeh. maybe Metn? Fouad in Metn kameina?

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Same as Fouad Abi Nader?

another has been looking for a place
    in 2009 he got barely 70 votes in his own town
    i am happy he joined kataeb, cause now kataeb will think they are rabb rabba and wont ally with ouwat and infight even more

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    well done to them. :)
    If Massoud goes to Kataeb then Nadim is out of Achrafiyeh. maybe Metn? Fouad in Metn kameina?
    massoud said he is not running this time
    he isnt goingto kataeb nor running

basically he is finished politically ,

Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    another has been looking for a place
    in 2009 he got barely 70 votes in his own town
    i am happy he joined kataeb, cause now kataeb will think they are rabb rabba and wont ally with ouwat and infight even more
    Is Abou Nader Maronite? He's from Baalbek, so maybe, he will run there

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So who would be FPM Maronite candidate in this district?
    no idea

too early for that district
    cause main player are the tashnaq for now
    and hariri has like 8 k sunnis ( 4 k votes )
    and feroun is hariri ally and ouwat, so this need to be sorted
    feroun will ally with ahriri and ouwat
    feroun will ally with ouwat oif hariir is with tayyar and tashnak ????

once for sure tayyar can get 1 MP for sure on their own, maybe the 2aqaliyet ,
    its a bit complicated...hariri futiure action and how he allies with feroun and ouwat will finalise it

whats fr sure tayyr and tashnaq together, lets see who joins them

F

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
    no idea

too early for that district
    cause main player are the tashnaq for now
    and hariri has like 8 k sunnis ( 4 k votes )
    and feroun is hariri ally and ouwat, so this need to be sorted
    feroun will ally with ahriri and ouwat
    feroun will ally with ouwat oif hariir is with tayyar and tashnak ????

once for sure tayyar can get 1 MP for sure on their own, maybe the 2aqaliyet ,
    its a bit complicated...hariri futiure action and how he allies with feroun and ouwat will finalise it

whats fr sure tayyr and tashnaq together, lets see who joins them
    Do you think sehnawi has a chance of making it? And if not why is he running? Ne2ib ra2is one of the biggest parties in lebanon losing election is bad for the image of FPM.

F

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
    massoud said he is not running this time
    he isnt goingto kataeb nor running

basically he is finished politically ,
    I still dont get it. Weirdest decision ever. He has more than 50% chance of winning , why he is deciding not to run?

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Do you think sehnawi has a chance of making it? And if not why is he running? Ne2ib ra2is one of the biggest parties in lebanon losing election is bad for the image of FPM.

tayyar has at least one secured seat
    so yes sehnaoui has a chance , especially if tayyat ally with hariri.

L

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    How much is the real power of Tayyar in Achrafieh without Abs? Knowing that Abs got more votes than Sehnaoui in Tayyar's internal election?

Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    How much is the real power of Tayyar in Achrafieh without Abs? Knowing that Abs got more votes than Sehnaoui in Tayyar's internal election?
    Nothing is clear in any district; things might get a little clearer with the announcement of the lists in January

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

Beirut I District: Christian voters have decreased by 3.3%, Muslim voters have increased by 20.1%

The number of Christian registered voters in Beirut I district has decreased from 121,640 in 2009 to 117,587 in 2017, i.e. by 3.3%. Armenian Orthodox voters decreased by 6.2%, Maronite voters by 2.56%, whereas Greek Orthodox voters increased by 0.8%. As for Muslim voters, they have increased from 13,496 in 2009 to 16,215 in 2017 (20.1%). This indicates that the number of Muslim voters in Beirut I district far exceeds the number of Christian voters.