Parliamentary elections 2018 Elections: Beirut 1 district

B

butters

Anyone who believes so is encouraged to provide an explanation.

• Advertisement
  • F

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
    I will start by myself and tell you that they dont have a united position on many subjects even some of the candidates on the same lists have a super contradictory political beliefs like abs vs joumana haddad. What i like to see in lebanon is parties winning elections based on political and economical beliefs and programs not individuals with hundreds of heads united together just on one idea ( toppling the ruling parties).

For example as much as i raised questions on sabaa and who is funding them and how much of a hypocrites i see them. They are a new experience that needs to be encouraged because they formed a new party.

Regarding the koulouna watani coalition as a whole , most of them looked like amateurs orphans asking people to adopt them. This is not how you run elections. People in Lebanon are way smarter than you think. They still elect the same people because they are a corrupt society and those leaders feeds them and spends on them and will always support them. You need more than empty slogans and kelloun ya3ne kelloun to change the way things are.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    the fact that most if not all the kulluna watani/sabaa/etc.. are still clueless to the implications of notions such as the "kellon ye3ne kellon" approach is a clear indication to the deep threat they present. aside from being the type of slogans that appeals only to the psychopath who does not have the ability to differentiate between virtue and vice, it delivers a severe blow to the very foundation of a healthy state and fundamentals such as accountability, which is itself based on discerning between that which constitutes a good that which does not. the very concept that rewards the good employees in public posts and weeds out the bad ones.

the fact that most of the hirak el madani supporters cannot see that, is an invitation for all well balanced folks to be very worried of the consequences of them coming into power. you can rest assured that it this very inability to discern right from wrong, good from bad, that goes on to manifest itself further, in different forms, within their groups.

more importantly, the fact that they appear to be intentionally graying out the delineation between right and wrong, good and bad, is nothing but a preview of what is yet to come, and a deja-vu of what struck and crippled many western societies by a deluge of attacks on the fundamental values of society under all sorts pretexts and using all sorts of smoke screens including political ones.

so you see, it is not simply a matter of political disagreement, that bit is relatively less significant and is just the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited:
    AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Sta7let tjeeb seertet Israel. law kelme. Hayda Ziad Abs keef de3ema? :rolleyes:
    Israel is not the ba3ba3 they make it out to be. Everytime it made peace with an Arab country, it has proven to fully respect its agreements (Jordan, Egypt...)

But if your aim is to wage jihad and liberate Palestine then o'course you're in for some trouble!

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    Israel is not the ba3ba3 they make it out to be. Everytime it made peace with an Arab country, it has proven to fully respect its agreements (Jordan, Egypt...)

But if your aim is to wage jihad and liberate Palestine then o'course you're in for some trouble!
    I'm all for having a peace treaty with Israel. I am not part of the 'we need to wipe Israel off the map' crowd. But, fact still remains, Israel still occupies Lebanese land! Shakla nese inta.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

I'm all for having a peace treaty with Israel. I am not part of the 'we need to wipe Israel off the map' crowd. But, fact still remains, Israel still occupies Lebanese land! Shakla nese inta.
    LOL don't you think it's funny that Hizbullah was able to free all Lebanese land except Shebaa Farms? There must be a reason for that.

Why should they eliminate the last excuse for their possession of arms?

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    LOL don't you think it's funny that Hizbullah was able to free all Lebanese land except Shebaa Farms? There must be a reason for that.

Sure...ok.

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter

It’s not officially annexed lebanese by the Syrians still. Else the Israelis would withdraw by themselves.
    Exactly for not eliminating the last excuse for Hizbullah possession of arms.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

It’s not officially annexed lebanese by the Syrians still. Else the Israelis would withdraw by themselves.
    Exactly for not eliminating the last excuse for Hizbullah possession of arms.
    Hizbullah has not only managed to brainwash its supporters, but also its allies.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Some women have brains

Some have big tits

Some have both

She has neither
    Set her up with a boob job. Done and done!!! :)

BTW notice her hands. She was super nervous and she is inexperienced in front of a camera.

Last edited:
    Nonan

Nonan

Orange Room Supporter
    The biggest battle for FPM this election was winning with as many partisans as possible because they are more loyal and because opponents were waiting the election to finish to find anything that can discredit FPM and the number of partisans in the block was one of the strongest arguments.

In every district, jubran pushed for the partisans to win over the independants. Eddy in metn, simon in jbeil, azar in kesserwen , salim in zahle etc. He did however send a message to hagop from tachnag saying khalli 3eynak 3a ghassan. Tachnag it seems did not do so and has FPM won the 5th seat sarkis would have made it and not ghassan.
    Ghassan was unwavering in his support for FPM’s stated goals and GMA. We can’t say the same of people like Michel Mouawad or the person who got elected in Akkar (and I’m not even talking about Kesserwan). The only place a marginal number could have gotten the FPM an additional MP was in Kesserwan / Jbeil, not Metn.

To be honest I did not think he would have been able to optimize the votes the way he did. A part from Kesserwan and maybe getting Jimmy elected in Akkar, the results were way beyond what could have been done. The question is far bigger: why are electors not mobilized to support FPM and PMA and, knowing that participation was going to very low, what “get out the vote” efforts have they done to secure a larger participation in the weeks leading to the vote

JorjeToTheWorld

JorjeToTheWorld

Legendary Member
    The sexism against Joumana Haddad.. staggering. This is a woman who speaks 6/7 languages, one of the few Lebanese who has been culturally influential in the age of Haifa and Elissa. She's at least twice as smart as most of the idiots in this thread as the tag-along-men ibn hayda w "rfi2 el darb" that made it to the parliament.

And that video is great. Makes me like her more.

Also a civil law for personal affairs is not a "small thing". It's a bed rock of the confessional system that keeps people hostage. No wonder no one wants to touch it.

Mockinggbird

Mockinggbird

The sexism against Joumana Haddad.. staggering. This is a woman who speaks 6/7 languages, one of the few Lebanese who has been culturally influential in the age of Haifa and Elissa. She's at least twice as smart as most of the idiots in this thread as the tag-along-men ibn hayda w "rfi2 el darb" that made it to the parliament.

Also a civil law for personal affairs is not a "small thing". It's a bed rock of the confessional system that keeps people hostage. No wonder no one wants to touch it.
    And I can speak 10 languages
    So what ?
    Stop saying that you know and others don’t
    You are very arrogant and based on nothing at all
    She lost get over it and move on
    Pano is 10 times better than her
    Who does she represent ?
    No one
    I can bring you 100 person better than joumana haddad and yorgy teyrouz
    Min hol khayyeh ?
    Plz wa2fo habal ba2a

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

GMA nba7 asking for the civil law for personal affairs

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    wow. i didn't realize that nutcase could say she lost the elections in 7 different languages. that surely changes everything.

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    BTW, Joumana wants us to not have any relations with Syria because Syria is run by a dictator. Does she want us to cut relations with all other dictators? gulf states? or just Syria? What an amateur tel3et hal Joumana. Tel3ab 2eddem bayta bizyede 3leya. :)

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    And I can speak 10 languages
    So what ?
    Stop saying that you know and others don’t
    You are very arrogant and based on nothing at all
    She lost get over it and move on
    Pano is 10 times better than her
    Who does she represent ?
    No one
    I can bring you 100 person better than joumana haddad and yorgy teyrouz
    Min hol khayyeh ?
    Plz wa2fo habal ba2a
    At least pano is one letter away from being a musical instrument! :)