Parliamentary elections 2018 Elections: Beirut 1 district

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
The sexism against Joumana Haddad.. staggering. This is a woman who speaks 6/7 languages, one of the few Lebanese who has been culturally influential in the age of Haifa and Elissa. She's at least twice as smart as most of the idiots in this thread as the tag-along-men ibn hayda w "rfi2 el darb" that made it to the parliament.

And that video is great. Makes me like her more.

Also a civil law for personal affairs is not a "small thing". It's a bed rock of the confessional system that keeps people hostage. No wonder no one wants to touch it.
Nothing sexist about a boob job. Don't judge :)

• Advertisement
  • AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

BTW, Joumana wants us to not have any relations with Syria because Syria is run by a dictator. Does she want us to cut relations with all other dictators? gulf states? or just Syria? What an amateur tel3et hal Joumana. Tel3ab 2eddem bayta bizyede 3leya. :)
    Dakhlak didn't Hizbullah ruin Lebanon's relations with most of the Arab states? I've never heard you criticizing them like you routinely do to Joumana.

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    Dakhlak didn't Hizbullah ruin Lebanon's relations with most of the Arab states? I've never heard you criticizing them like you routinely do to Joumana.
    Bek shi lately? There is no way your comprehension skills can be that bad.

I didn't criticize Joumana for 'ruining' our relations with Syria. I was criticizing her position - she wants Lebanon to cut relations with Syria because Syria is a dictatorship, which should normally also be applied to other dictatorships out there. Shu hal politician that would call for such a thing. Badda fatt khebez mnee7...

FYI, i have criticized HA for meddling in gulf states' matters and ruining our relations with them - Bahrain, Yemen, Kuwait. It never occurred to me that i should have tagged you when i posted about them? :)

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Bek shi lately? There is no way your comprehension skills can be that bad.

I didn't criticize Joumana for 'ruining' our relations with Syria. I was criticizing her position - she wants Lebanon to cut relations with Syria because Syria is a dictatorship, which should normally also be applied to other dictatorships out there. Shu hal politician that would call for such a thing. Badda fatt khebez mnee7...

FYI, i have criticized HA for meddling in gulf states' matters and ruining our relations with them - Bahrain, Yemen, Kuwait. It never occurred to me that i should have tagged you when i did? :)
    I still think she can run for the ministry of culture or education. Not every politician has to be an expert on foreign policy, right?

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    I still think she can run for the ministry of culture or education. Not every politician has to be an expert on foreign policy, right?
    2ekher hamme. Mesh 7a enfokh fiya because she calls for civil marriage. Her position on Syria is a nonstarter to me.

B

butters

@freelebanonn @Dark Angel

First and foremost, the one that pops up more frequently and seems to cause the most uproar: the expression "kellon ya3ne kellon". It's currently impossible to (democratically) kick out all the major parties, and even if it were possible, it's not desirable to have an otherwise one-party state with totalitarian command. The most painful point here is that Kulluna Watani already knows this, so why did they insist on using this slogan, if they know that it's nothing more than a tongue-in-cheek expression? Most likely they felt overconfident about channeling people's frustrations and drawing them in. At the end of the day, it's simply not a realistic agenda, because it's not a real agenda: it's just a stupid expression, not a "severe threat". This all goes back to what I said in a previous post (their public image) and I think this is one example where they unfortunately failed.

Second, about Abs vs Haddad: I've read both their electoral programs and didn't notice any "super contradictory political beliefs". In fact, I see them both as good candidates with compatible views. However, if I'm missing something here, please enlighten me.
    Regardless, internal disagreements are a natural thing in every party everywhere. Even FPM suffered from them recently (2016). As a personal note, just so you don't form the idea that I see KW as a perfect party (if that wasn't already clear) I dislike Ghada Eid, despite her being a KW candidate.

Third, none of the complaints I've read I would classify as particularly dangerous. "Dangerous" is something I would reserve to describe brainwashed armed militiamen ready to do anything on command, and we all know the parties that have those (hint: not KW).

The sexism against Joumana Haddad.. staggering.
    I agree. Sexual objectification seems pretty rampant here, which is a damn shame.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    @butters you did not address the problematic of the "kellon ye3ne kellon" slogan from the perspective that i have presented. which goes to validate what i have already pointed out: most the supporters of the so called hirak are oblivious to this dimension because they cannot, and consequently do not, tap into it.

the perspective i presented is an ideological one, and it is at the foundation of every successful state: discern what is right and what is wrong, separate the good from the bad, then reward the first and weed out the second. it is an extremely strong point and an extremely simple one; the threat resides in the very fact that the hirak as well as the majority of its supporters either are incapable of perceiving it, or unwilling to do so. either way, that makes them quite unfit for the role they want to assume.

so again, it is not a matter of politics, it is a matter of the philosophical principles and the very ideology that form the very foundation of a state. the hirak is taking the intellectual corruption to where it has never been before, straight to the core.

D

Death To Google

There is talk of fraud in Beirut II because the results were embarrassing for FM.
    Possibility of fraud in Beirut I is there on the same grounds, and given FPM/FM will be allies in the next government.

F

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
    @freelebanonn @Dark Angel

First and foremost, the one that pops up more frequently and seems to cause the most uproar: the expression "kellon ya3ne kellon". It's currently impossible to (democratically) kick out all the major parties, and even if it were possible, it's not desirable to have an otherwise one-party state with totalitarian command. The most painful point here is that Kulluna Watani already knows this, so why did they insist on using this slogan, if they know that it's nothing more than a tongue-in-cheek expression? Most likely they felt overconfident about channeling people's frustrations and drawing them in. At the end of the day, it's simply not a realistic agenda, because it's not a real agenda: it's just a stupid expression, not a "severe threat". This all goes back to what I said in a previous post (their public image) and I think this is one example where they unfortunately failed.

Second, about Abs vs Haddad: I've read both their electoral programs and didn't notice any "super contradictory political beliefs". In fact, I see them both as good candidates with compatible views. However, if I'm missing something here, please enlighten me.
    Regardless, internal disagreements are a natural thing in every party everywhere. Even FPM suffered from them recently (2016). As a personal note, just so you don't form the idea that I see KW as a perfect party (if that wasn't already clear) I dislike Ghada Eid, despite her being a KW candidate.

Third, none of the complaints I've read I would classify as particularly dangerous. "Dangerous" is something I would reserve to describe brainwashed armed militiamen ready to do anything on command, and we all know the parties that have those (hint: not KW).

I agree. Sexual objectification seems pretty rampant here, which is a damn shame.
    Abs is pro hizbullah weapons and spoke about the army, people and resistance equation while joumana is anti hizbullah and wants bachar to be toppled in syria. Both running in the name of the same coalition and planned on sitting together in parliament.

B

butters

@Dark Angel: I think you're strawmanning a non-issue and using it to generalize an unwarranted attack on a whole group of people. That's the simplest way I can put it for you.

@freelebanonn: I don't know much about Abs's past views before his expulsion from FPM (I assume back then he was pro-HA weapons, as dictated by the party) but if you read his current political views you will find that nowhere does he mention explicit support for HA or their weapons. In fact, in one section he accuses them, along with their opponents (basically, everyone) of destabilizing the country through sectarian conflict and subsequently passing laws to suit their own interests. You will find this on page 3 (I can't quote the pdf here because it shows up completely garbled). Moreover, on pages 9 and 10, you will find a couple of points on having the Lebanese army and other security services take full and unconditional control of the protection of the state and its borders, and a policy of non-interference in the affairs of neighbouring states.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    te3tir..

you want to gt someone into public office be ready to have have them scrutinized and criticized, i dont care if shes a woman or speaks 6 languages, she has posted her political ideals and is being judged upon them, and she was found okay on some issues, very simplistic on some other issues and wanting on the rest.
    get over yourselves people..

someone called you a snowflake before, i wanted to give u the benefit of the doubt, but it seems i was wrong. enjoy virtue signalling.[/USER][/QUOTE]

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    and isn't she the author and the publisher of the jassad magazine? all what she stands for is sexual objectification.

B

butters

@Iron Maiden: Then I'm sorry that I don't partake in the reduction of people to their sexual body parts as a way to "criticize" (read: harass) them.

Just kidding. No I'm not. I don't have to appeal to you or anyone else's prejudices. But ask yourself this: would you walk up to her face and tell her to get a boob job?

@Dark Angel: Nudity and sexual objectification are completely different concepts. You can be nude right now (who knows, maybe you already are!) and not be the least bit sexual about it. If you don't think that's true, then by extension all hospitals are about sex and desire. So yeah, the presence of one doesn't necessarily imply the other. Obviously, this is a huge subject, so I'm not sure this thread is the appropriate place to talk about it.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    @Iron Maiden: Then I'm sorry that I don't partake in the reduction of people to their sexual body parts as a way to "criticize" (read: harass) them.

Just kidding. No I'm not. I don't have to appeal to you or anyone else's prejudices. But ask yourself this: would you walk up to her face and tell her to get a boob job?

@Dark Angel: Nudity and sexual objectification are completely different concepts. You can be nude right now (who knows, maybe you already are!) and not be the least bit sexual about it. If you don't think that's true, then by extension all hospitals are about sex and desire. So yeah, the presence of one doesn't necessarily imply the other. Obviously, this is a huge subject, so I'm not sure this thread is the appropriate place to talk about it.
    i have not talked about sexuality nor about nudity. i specifically addressed the sexual objectification part. additionally, the huge subject, the elephant in the room, is what you keep ignoring on purpose, the ideological the neo-leftist component represented by the hirak.

oldschool

oldschool

Loool balachna with the sjw terminology and hiding behind sexism and racism accusations and using buzzwords.

She's a walking cliche copy of every bad thing about today's era

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter

nobody has talked about her as a sexual object, we were all discussing her thoughts after the youtube vid and her reaction to the mandoub telling her she won then getting revoked. if you got into an argument with another poster over her body parts, you dont get to say that the forum is full of sexual objectification. so once again get over yourself.

victimization and body shaming is the path you're choosing to weasel your way out out of the political debate.
    we weren't born yesterday and i dunno where you've been over the past few years but female victimization over the internet isnt new, you're not discovering hot water over here :)

B

butters

@Dark Angel: What do you want me to say about the civil movement? That they have different opinions from yours? You're not making it easy to understand why you're so worried about them, and I still fail to see why they're so dangerous to you. Be more elaborate please.

@Iron Maiden: Go back through this thread and you will find that you're simply wrong. Also, this is a Lebanese online community. Lebanese people express their opinions here. We're not imaginary. What you say reflects exactly who you are in the society you exist in. Hopefully you've thought about my question.

F

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
    @Dark Angel: I think you're strawmanning a non-issue and using it to generalize an unwarranted attack on a whole group of people. That's the simplest way I can put it for you.

@freelebanonn: I don't know much about Abs's past views before his expulsion from FPM (I assume back then he was pro-HA weapons, as dictated by the party) but if you read his current political views you will find that nowhere does he mention explicit support for HA or their weapons. In fact, in one section he accuses them, along with their opponents (basically, everyone) of destabilizing the country through sectarian conflict and subsequently passing laws to suit their own interests. You will find this on page 3 (I can't quote the pdf here because it shows up completely garbled). Moreover, on pages 9 and 10, you will find a couple of points on having the Lebanese army and other security services take full and unconditional control of the protection of the state and its borders, and a policy of non-interference in the affairs of neighbouring states.
    In his latest interview on mayadeen before the election he spoke that he supports the equation army, people and resistance.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

In his latest interview on mayadeen before the election he spoke that he supports the equation army, people and resistance.
    He must be dumb then! That's one of the reasons people didn't vote for Kulluna Watani. Their candidates hold contradictory views.