Parliamentary elections 2018 Elections: Chouf-Aley district

ZJ1010

First, there is a budget now which wasn't the case before.
Third, The deficit in the budget is 30% less than what it was when it was presented to the government a month ago.
It is less than last year's budget deficit.
It is not. They just decided to remove what the state spends on electricity from the budget, and thus the deficit decreased, in order to appeal to the international community. Many economists spoke on the subject.

Furthermore, many issues were identified to reduce it further in the next years (rents, UNDP program costs, fake associations that take money from the governments etc.)
When they finished the 2017 budget they said those reparations would happen in the 2018 budget. Instead, in this year's budget they "canceled" fines from people who didn't pay their taxes, which overall resulted in the state losing millions of dollars in revenue.
I can't excuse any wrongdoings just because some progress is being done.

Now the questions to ask: are the "moujtama3 madaneh" able to do better than FPM with a couple of MPs? do they have concrete plans on HOW to overcome the obstacles that compromised FPM's productivity? and who ends up as biggest winner if they manage to weaken FPM while coming themselves super weak out of the battle?
Trust me, if any of the so-called "moujtama3 madaneh" candidates make it to the parliament, they will be on the side of transparency and change, and if FPM is truthfully fighting this battle, they will be on their side.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
Lcp have never any access to any position of power , they even were never rappresented in parliament .. How come u accuse them of corruption ?
Beside u are making a historical accusation against communist that they were allied with palestinians ..
U forget that the otherside was allied with american marines on 1958 against the same communist.. It was a cold war time dude .. And those alliances were a natural outcome of an inevitable war..
Now reply on my question : who gave palestinian permission on cairo accords on 1969 to install in lebanon the so called fatah land .. Back then communist were not in any position of power , but what was called jabha lebnaniye instead was..
So zemma w dros terikh mnih..
and this is yet another good example to why the LCP should never be a part of the Lebanese future. this is not the mentality upon which anything good and positive can be built and achieved.

ZJ1010

talk is very cheap my friend.
Exactly, they never had the chance to rule. Let them, and you'll see them in action.

that being your reply to how FPM made possible the electoral law which permitted everyone to run with an actual chance of getting elected is enough proof that what i am saying is 100% true.

in fact it is the perfect example as to why people should reject your stance all together, because you are a real threat to the actual progress we are pushing for. you can not tell what to support and what to oppose. and that makes you extremely destructive. sorry my friend, this is it for you.

Seriously? Am I the one leading this country to complete environmental, economic destruction?
Again as I said, if the FPM is really looking for someone to fight the battle towards an actual clean and transparent state with them, then if any of the candidates make it, they will be on their side.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
Exactly, they never had the chance to rule. Let them, and you'll see them in action.
thank you. i will not give up on people who have proven themselves worthy and switch to supporting shady people who are promising to be good.

Seriously? Am I the one leading this country to complete environmental, economic destruction?
Again as I said, if the FPM is really looking for someone to fight the battle towards an actual clean and transparent state with them, then if any of the candidates make it, they will be on their side.
the fact that you still refuse to acknowledge that you are only running for elections because FPM made it possible through the new law and restored back some of your right, is a clear indication that you are not at all any better than the current political class.

now after this statement you will be forced to recognize it. you would say look they made something good, but xyz. or this law sucks*** and xyz.... trust me, hafzinkon 3an el gheyib ya 3azizi.

ZJ1010

the fact that you still refuse to acknowledge that you are only running for elections because FPM made it possible through the new law and restored back some of your right, is a clear indication that you are not at all any better than the current political class.

now after this statement you will be forced to recognize it. you would say look they made something good, but xyz. or this law sucks*** and xyz.... trust me, hafzinkon 3an el gheyib ya 3azizi.

THAT's what makes me like the rest of the political class? But get into shady deals, ally with corrupt parties, actually be the most powerful party within the ruling class, but god forbid you're like the rest of them.

lebanese1

Legendary Member
It is not. They just decided to remove what the state spends on electricity from the budget, and thus the deficit decreased, in order to appeal to the international community. Many economists spoke on the subject.

That was in the first budget proposed to the government, not in the final version that was adopted.

When they finished the 2017 budget they said those reparations would happen in the 2018 budget. Instead, in this year's budget they "canceled" fines from people who didn't pay their taxes, which overall resulted in the state losing millions of dollars in revenue.
I can't excuse any wrongdoings just because some progress is being done.

When you exempt them from fines, you encourage them to come pay the taxes that they evaded before. This will increase state revenues not decrease them. Of course the ideal situation is to be able to collect all taxes on time but sadly the state is too weak to do that at the moment...

Trust me, if any of the so-called "moujtama3 madaneh" candidates make it to the parliament, they will be on the side of transparency and change, and if FPM is truthfully fighting this battle, they will be on their side.

Not true for most of them. Tol3et ri7etkoun decided that kelloun ya3neh kelloun. Paula Yaacoubian never ever endorsed the transparency and change causes in her 25 years mediatic career. Ziad Abs hates FPM since he lost the intenal elections. Ghada Eid fabricated a bribery claim against Ibrahim Kanaan after 2009's elections etc.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
THAT's what makes me like the rest of the political class? But get into shady deals, ally with corrupt parties, actually be the most powerful party within the ruling class, but god forbid you're like the rest of them.
THAT (with a very sarcastic tone) is a clear indication that you are not better. THAT (kamen with a sarcastic tone) is not what makes you like them.

see the difference?

ZJ1010

Not true for most of them. Tol3et ri7etkoun decided that kelloun ya3neh kelloun. Paula Yaacoubian never ever endorsed the transparency and change causes in her 25 years mediatic career. Ziad Abs hates FPM since he lost the intenal elections. Ghada Eid fabricated a bribery claim against Ibrahim Kanaan after 2009's elections etc.
The people you mentioned, if elected, will be held accountable for any decisions and votes they take in the parliament. Unlike most of the parties who are elected because they represent a sect or a war icon, they will be elected because people want change and transparency. 4 years later, we will hold them accountable for what they've done. So if it happens that the FPM is actually presenting laws that would be in line with what we're demanding, they can't refuse them.

THAT (with a very sarcastic tone) is a clear indication that you are not better. THAT (kamen with a sarcastic tone) is not what makes you like them.

see the difference?
Not really.....

Randomiser

and this is yet another good example to why the LCP should never be a part of the Lebanese future. this is not the mentality upon which anything good and positive can be built and achieved.

and this the perfect example why Lebanon is screwed up and the current political class is in charge, voters of this mentality.
While accusing candidates who never held power with corruption while giving ultimate support for the corrupt political establishment.

!Aoune32

and this the perfect example why Lebanon is screwed up and the current political class is in charge, voters of this mentality.
While accusing candidates who never held power with corruption while giving ultimate support for the corrupt political establishment.

How can one blame a party which was one of the first parties in Lebanon and due to the sectarian electoral laws has never been able to win a seat. When one like Anwar Yassine who was a prisoner in Israeli prisons for years cannot win a seat then there is something wrong with the country.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
How can one blame a party which was one of the first parties in Lebanon and due to the sectarian electoral laws has never been able to win a seat. When one like Anwar Yassine who was a prisoner in Israeli prisons for years cannot win a seat then there is something wrong with the country.
precisely why i have no respect for democracy to start with, one of the most mediocre systems there is. did you even follow up on the discussion? did you even understand it? and to imagine that our future will be determined by such votes.

shou baddo ye7ke el wa7ad ta ye7ke... and then we wonder why we are in such a mess.

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
precisely why i have no respect for democracy to start with, one of the most mediocre systems there is. did you even follow up on the discussion? did you even understand it? and to imagine that our future will be determined by such votes.

shou baddo ye7ke el wa7ad ta ye7ke... and then we wonder why we are in such a mess.

Enta dawwir fattish betle2i Lord Bassil met7elif ma3 el LCP bi shi 2erne :)