Elections Elections: Metn district

• Advertisement
  • I'm telling you they mean business, they are mobilizing all the municipalities (which for the longest were all his) and yesterday it was very crowded at the reception where they all came to wish him happy easter. The guy from statistics Lebanon forgot his name (I don't like him but he is usually right) keeps saying murr has an influential presence in metn and has a big chance of winning at least 1 seat.

then it is obvious that your previous answer was a lie. your main hobby is to obviously tfakhwet bel tayyar w bel president. so as i have said, have some integrity and drop the name. i honestly do not admire and do not respect those who attribute themselves a leader as such to start with, aounists, aouni etc... but you in particular never miss an opportunity to tfakhwet bel tayyar, eithr intentionally or 3an habal. so why exactly do you insist on using the name? so stop attempting to fool others and fall in line with your own principles. call yourself nahhassi, or ghada3idi, or 3absi, whaterver.
    Why don't you change your name to A7besh, or Jame3a Islemiyyeh? The party has certainly lost its principles and are just allying with whoever to score points or to become MP. I will keep my name as I love and admire the President but the party has become a joke. I will do whatever i see fit. The ones who should have some integrity is the party. Return to your principles. Stop lying to people. They are not that stupid.

The Jade

Legendary Member
    You do blame FPM for Lebanon crises when you know that FPM is not the party that brought Lebanon to this point. When you know that FPM may have to compromise ir meet other parties half way in order to achieve a better law, a project or financial budget. You know that when FPM didn't do 2at3 7sseb, it's not that FPM likes to break the constitution, but because the state needs a budget in order to organize public financing, and because the international community asked Lebanon to have a budget before Cedre conference. It's not like breaking the constitution is a great thing, but if there are exceptions for the greater good of all of us, I won't deny myself an opportunity for the constitution. The constitution is made to serve the people, not people to serve the constitution. But, if the constitution is constantly broken for stupid personal reasons, I agree with you. But FPM is respecting the constitution to the last drop.
    Check the red part and tell me if you find a contradiction.
    The first part claims that no audit was made, which is unconstitutional. They went this way for a conference that could've easily been pushed by a few weeks or months (and the government could've finished the audit earlier).
    According to this, they broke the constitution and they did it just because they wanted to take advantage of a conference which will boost their popularity.
    So, no, the FPM is not respecting the constitution to the last drop.

As for the rest, I know very well that the FPM did not bring the country to this point; Lebanon was already on a downhill path.
    At some point the FPM was actually holding Lebanon back from the abyss; except in recent years, it has decided to join the train and bring us all down with it.
    Their so-called compromises became too much for us to accept.
    Enno bala3na Michel el Murr, Wi2am Wahhab, Sleiman Frangieh, Emile Lahoud, 2awme, etc for years, we even defended it.
    But now they're sharing the cake with everyone. There's no one left to fight!
    Everyone we stood against because of their history AND their actual actions, now have a cover from the FPM.
    Sar Saad el Hariri fighting corruption
    Sar Michel Moawad Watani
    Sar AMAL 7alif
    Saro el ouwwet sad2in

Enno walaw!
    If they're fighting corruption, who are they holding responsible?
    Which parties?
    I would like you to tell us what is Nahhas goal in the coming 4 years, and if he fails to achieve them, will you start asking him to bring back your tax money for doing nothing but nagging like we do here or in streets but he got to nagg on the Parliament podium?
    Nahas's goal is not the one that will decide what my position will be.
    It's what I expect of him.

Just like I had expectations from the FPM.
    The FPM promised to have a daman chaykhouha and to rehabilitate the work of certain ministries.
    I didn't criticise them for not being able to do the job there; I know that in these cases, they either didn't have the ministries at all, or not long enough, or it wasn't a priority of mine.

As I said before, I expect Nahas and anyone else on Watani's list to attend parliamentary sessions, to oppose the laws I consider wrong (bad budget, the silsleh, the 2018 budget, etc), to push for laws I want to see fast (environmental law, trash management, tourism strategy, telecoms, electricity, etc), to question as many bad decisions as possible, to be a monitor when it they see shady deals and not keep silent.

These are the basics; and if Nahas or anyone else I actually support doesn't do that job, I will definitely ask for them to resign, I will criticise them the same way I criticise the regime here when they screw up.

JB81

Legendary Member
    The first part claims that no audit was made, which is unconstitutional. They went this way for a conference that could've easily been pushed by a few weeks or months (and the government could've finished the audit earlier).
    According to this, they broke the constitution and they did it just because they wanted to take advantage of a conference which will boost their popularity.

As for the rest, I know very well that the FPM did not bring the country to this point; Lebanon was already on a downhill path.
    At some point the FPM was actually holding Lebanon back from the abyss; except in recent years, it has decided to join the train and bring us all down with it.
    Enno bala3na Michel el Murr, Wi2am Wahhab, Sleiman Frangieh, Emile Lahoud, 2awme, etc for years, we even defended it.
    Everyone we stood against because of their history AND their actual actions, now have a cover from the FPM.
    Sar Michel Moawad Watani
    Sar AMAL 7alif
    Saro el ouwwet sad2in

Enno walaw!
    Which parties?

The FPM promised to have a daman chaykhouha and to rehabilitate the work of certain ministries.
    I didn't criticise them for not being able to do the job there; I know that in these cases, they either didn't have the ministries at all, or not long enough, or it wasn't a priority of mine.

As I said before, I expect Nahas and anyone else on Watani's list to attend parliamentary sessions, to oppose the laws I consider wrong (bad budget, the silsleh, the 2018 budget, etc), to push for laws I want to see fast (environmental law, trash management, tourism strategy, telecoms, electricity, etc), to question as many bad decisions as possible, to be a monitor when it they see shady deals and not keep silent.

These are the basics; and if Nahas or anyone else I actually support doesn't do that job, I will definitely ask for them to resign, I will criticise them the same way I criticise the regime here when they screw up.
    So most to expect from Nahhas is objecting. he has no power to change or implement any of his agenda. Ya3neh, bshou menkoun ntafa3na eza ma fi bi 2edo shi... metel ma bi fout byetla3! Enno people wants work and achievements, shba3na na2

Sar Michel Moawad Watani
    Sar AMAL 7alif
    Saro el ouwwet sad2in

Enno walaw!
    Which parties?

Sar Michel Moawad Watani
    Sar AMAL 7alif
    Saro el ouwwet sad2in

Enno walaw!
    Which parties?

Well put and 120% agree.
    Not sure why so many are afraid of change. Even one person they are scared of and he was their minister. One of the biggest mistakes FPM ever did is leave Nahas due to Berri wanting him gone. They want people on a leach and Nahas is surely not one like that.

So most to expect from Nahhas is objecting. he has no power to change or implement any of his agenda. Ya3neh, bshou menkoun ntafa3na eza ma fi bi 2edo shi... metel ma bi fout byetla3! Enno people wants work and achievements, shba3na na2
    5ayye as far as I know Lebanon is a democracy. People can vote for whom they please and they will be held responsible for those people. If one doesn't do well in his position he should be fired, he resigns or you simply don't vote for him again. Voting for the same people over and over again and then people bine2o is what we don't want. Don't forget that he was a minister that was placed by FPM. He is not a bad person and he is very highly respected and a very good economist.

What the government is doing to try to turn around the economy is not working. It is blind and deaf and it doesn't want to acknowledge that it has failed. We need new people with new thinking of ways to turn the economy around amongst other things. You cannot blame anyone for wanting change. Look at the economy, look at the politics in the country. We are nearly or have become Greece.

Interestingly, there is a very high probability that the winning lists in the Metn will not exceed three lists (and thus, seats deputies for FPM list). But what if only two lists get the electoral quotient (FPM and Kataaeb)?

Of course, the result will be positive for FPM.

In any case, FPM will prove that this district is its stronghold and will be one of the most important reasons for reaching 24 deputies for C&R bloc.

5ayye as far as I know Lebanon is a democracy. People can vote for whom they please and they will be held responsible for those people. If one doesn't do well in his position he should be fired, he resigns or you simply don't vote for him again. Voting for the same people over and over again and then people bine2o is what we don't want. Don't forget that he was a minister that was placed by FPM. He is not a bad person and he is very highly respected and a very good economist.

What the government is doing to try to turn around the economy is not working. It is blind and deaf and it doesn't want to acknowledge that it has failed. We need new people with new thinking of ways to turn the economy around amongst other things. You cannot blame anyone for wanting change. Look at the economy, look at the politics in the country. We are nearly or have become Greece.
    HAHAHA... Lebanon a democracy?!! hahaha..

And GMA was elected president by 20 MP he had them in the parliament, plus Syrian Allies.. Who all of them for unknown reason didnt vote for him only hizb alla did and all the American pro parties elected GMA lol.. yes

And some of you believe it was the vote of the people...

In fact it is the will of the people not the votes who elected GMA ... GMA story is so mystery that if I would tell you how it started and how it ended you will start believing in mysterious cosmic powers that will blow your mind.

HAHAHA... Lebanon a democracy?!! hahaha..

And GMA was elected president by 20 MP he had them in the parliament, plus Syrian Allies.. Who all of them for unknown reason didnt vote for him only hizb alla did and all the American pro parties elected GMA lol.. yes

And some of you believe it was the vote of the people...

In fact it is the will of the people not the votes who elected GMA ... GMA story is so mystery that if I would tell you how it started and how it ended you will start believing in mysterious cosmic powers that will blow your mind.

LOL
    What a charade!

The Jade

Legendary Member
    The job of the MP is to monitor the work of the government, to propose laws, vote for or against them.
    Of course he has a power to change; with the right laws proposed, with the right monitoring.

If the government proposes the right laws and if they stop the culprits, they'll get all the support they need from Nahas and Watani.

People want work and achievements but they also want corruption and dirty deals to stop. It's not under any condition that they need that!
    According to transparency international, Lebanon is more corrupt today than it was last year or the year before or the one before.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    it is a Lebanese tradition to break ranks in dire moments and to approach critical situations with utter chaos. but the special interest groups, communists, leftists, anarchists, etc.. take it to a different level altogether. this is why these tiny groups makes so much noise. they do not see things from a long term perspective nor do they perceive or tolerate a more natural gradual change, and all of that built on twisted perspectives and shallow perceptions.

the best they can hope for is to get another sami-like character to the parliament, object everything, without ever proposing a solution to anything. and that's without even mentioning how oblivious they are to the much deeper existential issues and the identity crisis that will define Lebanon and the whole region, that does not even register on their scale, because their whole world is built on the instant gratification of their most basic needs - and this is where the zombies hollywood idea stems from, when people are focused on satisfying only their most primal instincts and needs without moving to the next stage - and their attention is restricted to their very close direct surroundings, and that's why topics like the syrian refugees, the long term survival of minorities, the deeper aspects of freedom, do not even begin to register on their scales and they never ever make it to their speech because they do not physically experience such problems, and thus their speech remains at the level of i want to see a clean street, i want the light to turn on when i flip the switch, and even at that they do not understand the essence of the battle that goes in the background to make that happen.

and they never shut-up... it is one continuous stream of annoying noises and complaints.

Last edited: