Elections Elections: Metn district

• Advertisement
  • for sure many are taking her candidacy seriously and will vote for her
    They are not serious themselves! i heard her speak couple of times and she repeats the same ideas over and over again because she is not well educated politically and because she does not have anything of substance to offer. From the start of the interview till the last second you hear one phrase : “nehna badna nwasil el chabeb 3al parlement”

3anjad el lebnene te3tir. If they want to vote for LF list let them chose eddy or razi or mkattaf. Even though i am not fond of them at least they have a clue on what they are doing not using their looks to market themselves.

They are not serious themselves! i heard her speak couple of times and she repeats the same ideas over and over again because she is not well educated politically and because she does not have anything of substance to offer. From the start of the interview till the last second you hear one phrase : “nehna badna nwasil el chabeb 3al parlement”

3anjad el lebnene te3tir. If they want to vote for LF list let them chose eddy or razi or mkattaf. Even though i am not fond of them at least they have a clue on what they are doing not using their looks to market themselves.
    She speaks better than chamel rooukoz for example
    She’s better than many previous and current mp

She is an anchor so she knows how to read and speak of course and better than many current mps. I am speaking about the content of her speeches and interviews . Its here where she fails.
    Content who is listening these days :)

But I’m saying she got serious chance to make it if the reports about lf getting closer to 2 7assel are true
    And Mur fails to get a 7assel

Which is possible

The Jade

Legendary Member
    Your rhetorical question does you no service in disproving my truth claim that we have 3 female candidates. Their chances of winning and their proportion of the total candidacy are both red herrings.
    The point is not whether you have a female candidate or not (at least my point).
    It's about how much importance you're giving them.

We live in a society where woman have been told for decades that their place is in the kitchen and the bedroom breeding children.
    The FPM's argument was always: "Let women show themselves and they will be candidates on our lists".
    But how do you want them to do it when the road is too steep already?

When women and men around them look at them funny and criticise them for doing something that men used to do.

Don't go too far, in this very forum you have people judging women candidates by their husband's political affiliation.
    Women already start at a disadvantage, it is the role of the political parties and the state to do something about it.

Tayyar9

Dude, the FPM is going to have LESS MPs than before.
    I don't see how this is a "live or die election" when you're already going there with less candidates and MPs.

The truth is, the FPM is not interested in change anymore, it's interested in seats.
    It got seats in the Beirut Municipality, justified its unholy alliance by saying they will keep an eye on corruption and stop it from the inside.
    Care to tell me how many corruption cases were stopped?
    Care to explain how most major contracts of the municipality are going to Jihad el Arab who are close Hariri and Itani associates?
    Care to tell me why most contracts are inflated and not a single case of corruption has been unearthed?
    Yes FPM will have less seats, but so will FM, which could give FPM the biggest bloc.
    Then you keeo talking to me about the municipalities, and to be honest I have no idea about what has happened since the elections. You keep bringing up contracts for people close to Hariri, but I have no idea if there was corruption there.
    I honestly can't answer you about this topic. But when it comes to the electricity sector, the internet, their position on the electoral law, their position against temdid, GMA's stance during the Hariri crisis, I still believe that FPM are sticking to the principles 100%

The Jade

Legendary Member
    Yes FPM will have less seats, but so will FM, which could give FPM the biggest bloc.
    Then you keeo talking to me about the municipalities, and to be honest I have no idea about what has happened since the elections. You keep bringing up contracts for people close to Hariri, but I have no idea if there was corruption there.
    I honestly can't answer you about this topic. But when it comes to the electricity sector, the internet, their position on the electoral law, their position against temdid, GMA's stance during the Hariri crisis, I still believe that FPM are sticking to the principles 100%
    If your friend treats you well but he's raped a few women and beat up others, would you still recommend him to your sister as a potential suitor?

It's important to know how the FPM has acted when it was in a position of power.
    And if it claims to fight corruption, yet doesn't do much about it, how can this be considered as "stiicking to its principles 100%" ?

Tayyar9

If your friend treats you well but he's raped a few women and beat up others, would you still recommend him to your sister as a potential suitor?

It's important to know how the FPM has acted when it was in a position of power.
    And if it claims to fight corruption, yet doesn't do much about it, how can this be considered as "stiicking to its principles 100%" ?
    I didn't understand the first part of your answer. Who is FPM recommending?
    The fight against corruption will take a lot more than a couple of years and for it to be successful, it needs to be fought by everyone, from FPM, to the people who have a huge responsibility in that regard and by the press. You are just focusing on FPM for failing to stop it, when you know how corrupt the people is to start with.

The Jade

Legendary Member
    I didn't understand the first part of your answer. Who is FPM recommending?
    The fight against corruption will take a lot more than a couple of years and for it to be successful, it needs to be fought by everyone, from FPM, to the people who have a huge responsibility in that regard and by the press. You are just focusing on FPM for failing to stop it, when you know how corrupt the people is to start with.
    The FPM is your friend.
    If the FPM has done something good in one place but something really really bad in others.
    Will you still consider them as sticking to ther principles 100% ?

As for the corruption, I don't expect it to end tomorrow.
    But I was hoping it started yesterday.
    The FPM has been sitting on the Beirut Municipality council for about 2 years now, and the claimed it's to fight corruption.
    The result is more corruption, not less.
    The FPM also had an anti-corruption minister, he couldn't catch a single corrupt person in more than a year in power!!!!

I'm focusing on the FPM because they are the subject of our discussion, and everyone here claims they're fighting corruption (including the FPM themselves). I don't trust the FM or Amal to fight corruption!

Tayyar9

The FPM is your friend.
    If the FPM has done something good in one place but something really really bad in others.
    Will you still consider them as sticking to ther principles 100% ?

As for the corruption, I don't expect it to end tomorrow.
    But I was hoping it started yesterday.
    The FPM has been sitting on the Beirut Municipality council for about 2 years now, and the claimed it's to fight corruption.
    The result is more corruption, not less.
    The FPM also had an anti-corruption minister, he couldn't catch a single corrupt person in more than a year in power!!!!

I'm focusing on the FPM because they are the subject of our discussion, and everyone here claims they're fighting corruption (including the FPM themselves). I don't trust the FM or Amal to fight corruption!
    When it comes to the Beirut Municipality, I honestly can't give you my opinion because I don't have facts and I don't know what corruption you are talking about.
    For the anti corruption minister, I don't think he hasn't found anything but I honestly believe that GMA is waiting for the new government and parliament to go all in in his presidency, as he has stated a lot of times before. Which is why again, these elections are very important to try and get rid of some corrupt heads, to make it easier on GMA to implement his vision

The Jade

Legendary Member
    When it comes to the Beirut Municipality, I honestly can't give you my opinion because I don't have facts and I don't know what corruption you are talking about.
    For the anti corruption minister, I don't think he hasn't found anything but I honestly believe that GMA is waiting for the new government and parliament to go all in in his presidency, as he has stated a lot of times before. Which is why again, these elections are very important to try and get rid of some corrupt heads, to make it easier on GMA to implement his vision
    With all due respect, but why wait and allow people to steal when you could've at least raised the alarm a few times.
    Are you telling me that the minister sat there, got paid and did nothing?

What if the FPM loses the elections or doesn't get enough support?
    What if it took an extra year or 2 to form a government?
    Aoun would only have 2 to 3 years left in his presidency and we both know not much can be done.

The minister would've been there for a year and a half getting his salary paid from our own pockets.

If you want to convince people that you're actually fighting corruption, you need to show and not say it.
    Nabih Berry goes on TV every month claiming to want to fight corruption.....should we believe him?

The FPM missed a great opportunity to show what they could've done with a record number of ministers and a minister in charge of corruption!
    Back in 2005 even until 2009, we used to dream about it.
    Once they got the position......not much happened and that's the problem!

unitedlb

The point is not whether you have a female candidate or not (at least my point).
    It's about how much importance you're giving them.

We live in a society where woman have been told for decades that their place is in the kitchen and the bedroom breeding children.
    The FPM's argument was always: "Let women show themselves and they will be candidates on our lists".
    But how do you want them to do it when the road is too steep already?

When women and men around them look at them funny and criticise them for doing something that men used to do.

Don't go too far, in this very forum you have people judging women candidates by their husband's political affiliation.
    Women already start at a disadvantage, it is the role of the political parties and the state to do something about it.
    I don't disagree with you, but I was not arguing that point in the first place.

This strategy of no women on fpm lists is bewildering and out of date. I don't think it will have a large impact but it gives the wrong message to the voters .
    Its because women in general are not active politically and if they happen to be by chance you cant see them involved on the ground and trying to build a base for themselves like men do. Most of the female candidates are either wives of politicians or involved in NGO’s ( thus the high number of female candidates on independant lists) . Its not FPM fault in this case and its not the only party with no female figures. Can you name me one female partisan LF nominated in all of lebanon ( setrida not included cause she only replaced her husband) . The rest of the female candidates on LF lists are just used as fillers with 0 chance of making it just to give the impression of LF supporting the idea of female candidacy.
    Keef no women? There is Ghada Assaf in Baalback, Corinne El-Ashkar in Maten, and Gretta Saab in Koura.
    There is this well spoken lawyer/activist close to tayyar, that often pops up on TV. Forgot her name, maybe someone can help out. Pretty, early 30s maybe, dark straight hair, small nose haha. Sorry not sure how to describe her. She is very well knowledged, has her shit together and seems to have what it takes, and I assumed she was being prepped up to become a potential candidate on FPM list , yet she didn't show up anywhere.