Parliamentary elections 2018 Elections: Metn district

Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
Did he not get LF's key support?
Did he not get LF's votes?
Didn't the LF support turn the tide in the presidential race?
ما عملوها لوجه الله؛ سمير جعجع كان عرفان إنو عون جايي جايي فركب الموجه حتى يستفيد و يطلع هو صاحب الفضل

• Advertisement
  • The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member
    ما عملوها لوجه الله؛ سمير جعجع كان عرفان إنو عون جايي جايي فركب الموجه حتى يستفيد و يطلع هو صاحب الفضل
    Kif ken jeye?
    With Hariri's support for Frangieh?

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

Frangieh didn’t become president because Hezbollah pressured Berri into not holding an election session, Berri and co had the required 2/3 without LF
    And again when Aoun got elected, he had the majority even if you count out the LF votes
    LF were just riding the wave

The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member
    Frangieh didn’t become president because Hezbollah pressured Berri into not holding an election session, Berri and co had the required 2/3 without LF
    And again when Aoun got elected, he had the majority even if you count out the LF votes
    LF were just riding the wave
    Guys, get your timeline right!
    Hariri had supported Frangieh before Geagea supported Aoun.
    Not saying he would've been president, but he had the support of the biggest block in parliament, which eventually made Aoun president.
    It took LF's position to for Hariri's hand. At that point, christian legitimacy was clearly by Aoun's side.
    Hariri had to think in an electoral way whereas if he went againt the 2 biggest christian parties, he'll be sure to lose all christian seats.

Basically, Hariri and LF made Aoun president.
    It wasn't the LF alone.

N

new hope

If this makes you sleep better
    That’s the truth - I know you hate to admit it

Jumblat won’t face the Cristian’s if they are united .. but when the Christian street is split he will go for the weaker

Hariri wanted frangieh if you remember !! Walla nssit??
    When geagea backed aoun .. hariri followed

N

new hope

As if Hariri cares about what Geagea wants especially when he supported Frangieh without even consulting him!
    You don’t get it
    It’s not about he loves or hates

He won’t face the Christian will ...
    Politics is not about love w hate

The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member
    As if Hariri cares about what Geagea wants especially when he supported Frangieh without even consulting him!
    It's not about what Geagea wants, it's about what Geagea did.
    Which is corner him into accepting this deal.

Geagea wanted himself president, but when he saw that he can't make it now and that Frangieh had serious chances, he chose the lesser evil.
    Not out of love to Michel Aoun, far from it.
    He just saw an opportunity to corner Hariri and get additional credentials in the christian street.

R

Ralph N

GMA Became PMA because the US Administration wanted that... Not because Geagea wanted it.. Let me tell you a secret, someone from the secret government went to Hariri and told him GMA will become PMA do what is necessary, Hariri was like WTH? how would I convince my people? He told him not to worry about that and that he needs to do it even if it took time with him...
    It is then that hariri wanted to see aoun in out of lebanon so that he see what will happen to his popularity then he though its not possible he started to take his time, then again some1 came and told him he has to do it, on the 3rd time they forced him...and thats it...

You think we decide who will become MP and PM and Presidents ? you people are so naive... the election is just a cover so that you think you are getting what you want, but its the secret un-elected government that rules...

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

You don’t get it

Exactly, politics is about interests and knowing that the major parties in Lebanon are linked to outside powers, it's mostly about the interests of those foreign powers. Do you think the outside powers factored in LF influence? KSA can take care of LF if need be, bimouno 3leyoun
    It was simply due to HA preference of GMA over Frangieh, as well as GMA persistence
    Had Berri held the session to elect Frangieh, the matter would have been over, they had all the necessary votes
    HA obstructed to the benefit of GMA
    Hariri was left with no choice but GMA
    LF simply understood where the game was heading to and chose to support FPM in an outspoken way to limit the damages as much as possible and not appear ordered or being handed a defeat

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

GMA Became PMA because the US Administration wanted that... Not because Geagea wanted it.. Let me tell you a secret, someone from the secret government went to Hariri and told him GMA will become PMA do what is necessary, Hariri was like WTH? how would I convince my people? He told him not to worry about that and that he needs to do it even if it took time with him...
    It is then that hariri wanted to see aoun in out of lebanon so that he see what will happen to his popularity then he though its not possible he started to take his time, then again some1 came and told him he has to do it, on the 3rd time they forced him...and thats it...

You think we decide who will become MP and PM and Presidents ? you people are so naive... the election is just a cover so that you think you are getting what you want, but its the secret un-elected government that rules...
    I kind of agree with that
    Listen to that @new hope: sometime around 2014, an employee of the american embassy told an LF old guy that I know (he told me that employee is part of FBI/CIA shi hek, which I didnt believe), that GMA will be the next president
    I brushed it off as being a personal opinion, but now that it happened I wonder if he really had info and things were decided beforehand

Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    You don’t get it

Yes because he has never faced the Christian will especially when they refused to elect Michel Aoun when he had 70% of the Christian street

N

new hope

Exactly, politics is about interests and knowing that the major parties in Lebanon are linked to outside powers, it's mostly about the interests of those foreign powers. Do you think the outside powers factored in LF influence? KSA can take care of LF if need be, bimouno 3leyoun
    It was simply due to HA preference of GMA over Frangieh, as well as GMA persistence
    Had Berri held the session to elect Frangieh, the matter would have been over, they had all the necessary votes
    HA obstructed to the benefit of GMA
    Hariri was left with no choice but GMA
    LF simply understood where the game was heading to and chose to support FPM in an outspoken way to limit the damages as much as possible and not appear ordered or being handed a defeat
    International community doesn’t care of frangieh aoun geagea or x president they just wanted a president

I’m looking at facts .. if Christian were split .. hariri and jumblat can bring a weaker president accepted by Hezbollah - yalli houweh frangieh

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

International community doesn’t care of frangieh aoun geagea or x president they just wanted a president

I’m looking at facts .. if Christian were split .. hariri and jumblat can bring a weaker president accepted by Hezbollah - yalli houweh frangieh
    But thats what im saying, Frangieh was not accepted by Hezbollah
    Why else would have Berri not held a session?
    FPM + HA deputees were not enough to block quorum