Parliamentary elections 2018 Elections: Metn district

L

lebanese1

Legendary Member
i strongly doubt it. if askar withdraws it surely won't be to support the candidate of the rival qawmi branch, ashkar would rather swallow shards of glass for the rest of his life than to see the other qawmi winged revived, it would rather be to provide murr with the votes he needs to remain in the parliament.

as things stand today, neither ashkar nor murr will make it, and that makes for a much better parliament.
if the list gets 5 seats, I hardly see Achkar losing.
If the lists gets 4, Achkar will threaten Eddy Maalouf (unless FPM distributes preferential votes very well or Bou Saab manages to weaken Achkar seriously)

• Advertisement
  • Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

if the list gets 5 seats, I hardly see Achkar losing.
    If the lists gets 4, Achkar will threaten Eddy Maalouf (unless FPM distributes preferential votes very well or Bou Saab manages to weaken Achkar seriously)
    And Corinne Achkar? How many votes does she take away from Ghassan?

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

Details..details...Hitler Fall for Gods sake... who is Nasralla compared to hitler? or the others?!!! He will fall but the question is falling with minimum damage to Lebanon...
    I wouldn’t bet on Nasrallah falling anytime soon and we better be glad for that

F

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
    I think I read an article somewhere that that was the purpose of nominating her, to weaken Ghassan, or maybe was it Murr?
    I may be mistaken
    Jubran tried to hit several birds with one stone by nominating her. Adding a female figure to the list. Weakining murr because he wanted to add her on his list and finally weakining ghassan achkar in tafdili because they have a common ground somewhere.

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

Jubran tried to hit several birds with one stone by nominating her. Adding a female figure to the list. Weakining murr because he wanted to add her on his list and finally weakining ghassan achkar in tafdili because they have a common ground somewhere.
    Who is she exactly?

F

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
    Who is she exactly?
    The daughter of kabalan el achkar the head of dbayeh municipality . Her father is an ssnp supporter. She isnt but if she managed to get her father votes , thats sn estimation of around 1000 votes.

R

Ralph N

I wouldn’t bet on Nasrallah falling anytime soon and we better be glad for that
    Tell you an other secret Lebnaouneh... What ever anyone of us does.. From Nassrala to you or me they know how to twist it to their own benefit...

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    تقدم النائب ابراهيم كنعان عبر وكيله المحامي بول كنعان بشكوى مباشرة امام النيابة العامة التمييزية ضد مجهول بجرم قدح وذم وتشهير وتشويه سمعة، واختلاق الاخبار الكاذبة، وتوزيع مناشير تسيئ اليه وتتضمن أخبارا كاذبة وتحريضية لأغراض انتخابية، وحرق وتمزيق صوره والتعرض لكرامته عبر اختلاق الاحداث والاخبار الكاذبة بخلفية سياسية تحريضية ولغايات منافية للقانون وغير مشروعة (التضليل)، الجرائم الواقعة تحت طائلة قانون العقوبات لاسيما المواد 385/209 و382/209 و584/209 و402 و196/197 عقوبات.

وطلب كنعان إحالة نسخة عن الادعاء الراهن أمام وزارة الداخلية والبلديات – هيئة الاشراف على الانتخابات النيابية لإجراء المقتضى القانوني.

وقد احال مدعي عام التمييز القاضي سمير حمود الشكوى الى رئيس فرع المعلومات وكلفه اجراء الاحقيق واخباره بالنتيجة.

Placebo

Placebo

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Definitely one of the best MPs out there.
    It would be a great loss for the country if he doesn't get elected.
    that's the dillemma You want to get mkheiber elected, you need to vote for FPM list. If you vote for the FPM list, then you can't vote for Nahhas, even though he also deserves my vote.

I'm still undecided.

The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member
    that's the dillemma You want to get mkheiber elected, you need to vote for FPM list. If you vote for the FPM list, then you can't vote for Nahhas, even though he also deserves my vote.

I'm still undecided.
    It's a really tough one actually.

Both Ghassan and Nahas are needed in parliament.
    Voting for Ghassan's list will def increase his chance, but if it were for me, my vote would go for Nahas both to give him a chance and to send a message to the opposing list that there's a new force to take into consideration and that if they don't change their attitude, it will keep taking votes away.

Maybe next time Ghassan and Nahas will be on the same list :)

Placebo

Placebo

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It's a really tough one actually.

Both Ghassan and Nahas are needed in parliament.
    Voting for Ghassan's list will def increase his chance, but if it were for me, my vote would go for Nahas both to give him a chance and to send a message to the opposing list that there's a new force to take into consideration and that if they don't change their attitude, it will keep taking votes away.

Maybe next time Ghassan and Nahas will be on the same list :)
    Yeah, I actually already considered that. We need to give the opposing force a chance, particularly for this reason, regardless if Nahas makes it or not (he probably won't) . On the other hand, I also don't want to see is michel el Murr in parliament anymore. And Mukheiber failing will give MM a big chance.

It's not easy to be a voter in Metn, in all the other districts the decision would have been simpler.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Yeah, I actually already considered that. We need to give the opposing force a chance, particularly for this reason, regardless if Nahas makes it or not (he probably won't) . On the other hand, I also don't want to see is michel el Murr in parliament anymore. And Mukheiber failing will give MM a big chance.

It's not easy to be a voter in Metn, in all the other districts the decision would have been simpler.
    it is actually very easy.
    since nahhas has chosen to run in metn, it is a clear indication that he does not really care about the outcome as long as he makes a challenge. his running in metn threatens two very nice candidates, ghassan mukhayber and eddy maalouf. that alone shows that all while being hard headed - which is good on some issues - he does not hold the greater good at heart, otherwise he would have ran in a different district where he would have caused a real threat to people who are working hand in hand with the poles of corruption in this country, like nehme tohme, jumblat's catholic deputy in chouf. it is really clear, he is not promising to be a pragmatic candidate. so do not let your vote go to waste, support ghassan mukhayber because he really needs that support.