Parliamentary elections 2018 Elections: Metn district

Tsunami27

Tsunami27

Yeah, I actually already considered that. We need to give the opposing force a chance, particularly for this reason, regardless if Nahas makes it or not (he probably won't) . On the other hand, I also don't want to see is michel el Murr in parliament anymore. And Mukheiber failing will give MM a big chance.

It's not easy to be a voter in Metn, in all the other districts the decision would have been simpler.
Ayya simpler, imagine this situation:
Abdularahim and hezbollah from one side
Mustaqbal and Psp from the other side
And a moujtama3 madane made of bunch of nouveau riche 3emlo erchen b Venezuela w jeyin
What would you do?

• Advertisement
  • Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    And a moujtama3 madane made of bunch of nouveau riche 3emlo erchen b Venezuela w jeyin
    What would you do?
    if you are really at a loss, i suggest
    غسان سليمان السكاف
    he saved the life of the dearest person to me :)
    chances are he will still lose though.

Tsunami27

Tsunami27

if you are really at a loss, i suggest
    غسان سليمان السكاف
    he saved the life of the dearest person to me :)
    chances are he will still lose though.
    He has the most impressive CV saraha bas Ferzli is a personal friend and dont want him to lose yet will not vote for a HABerriHA list. I would rather vote for one of FM's sunnis to help them kick-out Abdulrahim and get a 4-2 result. Maba3ref walla am lost

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    He has the most impressive CV saraha bas Ferzli is a personal friend and dont want him to lose yet will not vote for a HABerriHA list. I would rather vote for one of FM's sunnis to help them kick-out Abdulrahim and get a 4-2 result. Maba3ref walla am lost
    ferzle is an asset for the president. see, you have some choices :)

N

new hope

sometime voting for a candidate on an opponent list givemore chance to your favorite candidate

The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member
    it is actually very easy.
    since nahhas has chosen to run in metn, it is a clear indication that he does not really care about the outcome as long as he makes a challenge. his running in metn threatens two very nice candidates, ghassan mukhayber and eddy maalouf. that alone shows that all while being hard headed - which is good on some issues - he does not hold the greater good at heart, otherwise he would have ran in a different district where he would have caused a real threat to people who are working hand in hand with the poles of corruption in this country, like nehme tohme, jumblat's catholic deputy in chouf. it is really clear, he is not promising to be a pragmatic candidate. so do not let your vote go to waste, support ghassan mukhayber because he really needs that support.
    Yeah, I can imagine Charbel Nahas, after a long day of doing nothing (because as you people picture him, ma 3ando chaghle w 3amle gheir enno yitmanyak) he just goes like: "Hey dudes, let's form a list, get into endless negotiations with other groups, invest from our own money, beg people for more money, work day and night on a political program, then campaign day and night for people's votes, just because I want to spite Bob, Gigi and abou l'Mich".
    Yeah, that sounds like Charbel Nahas.

The point is him finding the place where he has more chance of getting elected and to oppose people he disagrees with.
    In his speech during the launching of the Metn list, he was very clear about who he's opposing and why.

The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member
    What would you do?
    Halla2 hek tol3o ma3ak?
    Is it Yorgui Teyrouz who postponed his own professional education so he can concentrate on Donner Sang Compter and save thousands of lives?
    Or Laury Haytayan who's a regional reference in Oil and Gas?
    Maybe it's Nadim Souhaid, a lawyer who worked with NGOs like Offre Joie, Arc En Ciel, etc and who fought for people's rights for years?
    No no, it must be Charbel Nahas, a polytechnicien and world renown economist who advises the UN, World Bank and Lebanese state?

You just proved to me that you people would make up any lie, believe it and spew it back just to smear your opponents with no shred of proof.
    You also proved that people can indeed fart from their mouths.....or in your case fingers.

Good thing is that a lot of Lebanese have much more self respect than the likes of you and those who agree with you.

Tsunami27

Tsunami27

Halla2 hek tol3o ma3ak?
    Is it Yorgui Teyrouz who postponed his own professional education so he can concentrate on Donner Sang Compter and save thousands of lives?
    Or Laury Haytayan who's a regional reference in Oil and Gas?
    Maybe it's Nadim Souhaid, a lawyer who worked with NGOs like Offre Joie, Arc En Ciel, etc and who fought for people's rights for years?
    No no, it must be Charbel Nahas, a polytechnicien and world renown economist who advises the UN, World Bank and Lebanese state?

You just proved to me that you people would make up any lie, believe it and spew it back just to smear your opponents with no shred of proof.
    You also proved that people can indeed fart from their mouths.....or in your case fingers.

Good thing is that a lot of Lebanese have much more self respect than the likes of you and those who agree with you.
    Easy tiger
    I was talking about the "Moujtama3 Madane" list of West Bekaa and Rashaya which have nothing to do with other Koullouna Watani lists. Go check it if you haven't, for the sake of a healthy discussion
    ma ba2 ta3melle proved w ma proved and watch you tongue when you are addressing others

The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member
    Easy tiger
    I was talking about the "Moujtama3 Madane" list of West Bekaa and Rashaya which have nothing to do with other Koullouna Watani lists. Go check it if you haven't, for the sake of a healthy discussion
    ma ba2 ta3melle proved w ma proved and watch you tongue when you are addressing others
    We were in the Metn thread talking about Metn candidates, hence jumping to that conclusion. Sorry about that.
    Seems like you fart from your ass afterall.
    I don't know much about West-Bekaa or Rashaya, I can't really comment on that.
    Let's not forget that a lot of parties are using the Civil Society tag too loosely, like Michelle Tueini's list for example.

PS: What's wrong with nouveau riche doing money abroad? If they carry the right message and they have the right plans and morals (Unless there is something specifically wrong in these guys, then it's another issue)

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Yeah, I can imagine Charbel Nahas, after a long day of doing nothing (because as you people picture him, ma 3ando chaghle w 3amle gheir enno yitmanyak) he just goes like: "Hey dudes, let's form a list, get into endless negotiations with other groups, invest from our own money, beg people for more money, work day and night on a political program, then campaign day and night for people's votes, just because I want to spite Bob, Gigi and abou l'Mich".
    Yeah, that sounds like Charbel Nahas.

The point is him finding the place where he has more chance of getting elected and to oppose people he disagrees with.
    In his speech during the launching of the Metn list, he was very clear about who he's opposing and why.
    @Placebo
    the quality of the people supporting nahhas is becoming more and more obvious with the minute. the above is just a sample and of course there are some very respectful exceptions i do not want to generalize. but so far it seems a good number of them are blinded by pointless confrontations, without being able to observe a little bit further than the perimeter set by their noses. nahhas' supporters, at least the ones i have ran across so far, leave alot to be envied and are unable to pick their battles, they empty their wrath on those who happen to be the closest to them.

which is yet another incentive to support someone like ghassan mukhayber, who does his work without boasting, without much fuss, and without creating unneeded confrontations, and who will be ready to support the president when there is a need for it, without drowning in personal confrontations and personal vendettas.

The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member
    @Placebo
    the quality of the people supporting nahhas is becoming more and more obvious with the minute. the above is just a sample and of course there are some very respectful exceptions i do not want to generalize. but so far it seems a good number of them are blinded by pointless confrontations, without being able to observe a little bit further than the perimeter set by their noses. nahhas' supporters, at least the ones i have ran across so far, leave alot to be envied and are unable to pick their battles, they empty their wrath on those who happen to be the closest to them.

which is yet another incentive to support someone like ghassan mukhayber, who does his work without boasting, without much fuss, and without creating unneeded confrontations, and who will be ready to support the president when there is a need for it, without drowning in personal confrontations and personal vendettas.
    Dude, the guy is not waiting for you or me to take a decision.
    I'm pretty sure he'll do it without the need for the opinion on some guys he never met.

You on the other hand, must start working better on your lies.
    I mean, you're gonna get to a point where even you won't believe them.

That would be quite terrible, I mean, you NOT abiding by the TRUTH?
    You breaking one of the 10 commandments?

WWJD???

E

es27

ليبانون ديبايت"
    علم موقع "ليبانون ديبايت" أنه خلافاً لكل التكهنات الخاطئة والتهجمات على لائحة "المتن قلب لبنان" المدعومة من حزب القوات اللبنانية، فاللائحة اجتازت الحاصل الأوّل وفقاً لآخر الاحصاءات وتتقدّم لتأمين الحاصل الثاني بغض النظر عن كلّ الادعاءات.
    lebanondebate is it a reliable or just a propaganda website ?

Wyakis

Wyakis

ليبانون ديبايت"
    علم موقع "ليبانون ديبايت" أنه خلافاً لكل التكهنات الخاطئة والتهجمات على لائحة "المتن قلب لبنان" المدعومة من حزب القوات اللبنانية، فاللائحة اجتازت الحاصل الأوّل وفقاً لآخر الاحصاءات وتتقدّم لتأمين الحاصل الثاني بغض النظر عن كلّ الادعاءات.
    Several sources mentioned this, they have one 7asel for sure. But saying that "they are working on the second one" does not mean they have 2, otherwise Murr should lose and Jessica will be elected lol

F

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
    ليبانون ديبايت"
    Propaganda website for LF & co but it doesnt necesseraly mean its not true this time .

I still hold my reservations over the ability of LF to reach the hassel. And if they do it will be on the expense of kataeb. As the 3k votes that they supposedly missed and suddenly managed to grab must be logically kataeb votes.

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I am supposed to vote in Meten, but I am not voting. My sect is not represented in Meten and the system is supposed to be sectarian.

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    تحية إلى مسؤول سامي الجميل الإعلامي

غسان سعود

منذ أيام الجامعة وانتخابات 2005 و2008 و2009 و2010 و2016 كنت وما زلت لا أجد أسوأ من الكتائب. الكتائب التي ترسل من يقتلون طوني فرنجية ثم تسير في جنازته. الكتائب التي تشن حربة إبادة هتلرية على معارضيها في المتن وتحرق منازلهم وتهجرهم. الكتائب التي تسحب البساط الأمني من تحت القرى المسيحية البعيدة عن جبل لبنان حتى يهجرون فتستخدمهم في أبشع استعباد عرفه لبنان. الكتائب التي غدرت بالأحرار على طول الخارطة وعرضها. حزب المكر والتآمر واستغلال كل المقدسات بما في ذلك الاستشهاد. حزب المرفأ حزب السجاد حزب المصارف حزب إسرائيل حزب سوريا حزب السعودية حزب كل السفارات. حتى حين كان بعض الأصدقاء في التيار الوطني الحر والمردة وحتى القوات يتحدثون بإيجابية عن سامي الجميل كنت أحذرهم مما يخبئه هذا الشاب. أمين جميل صغير، لا بشير، كنت أقول. حليف ميشال المر في انتخابات 2009 لم يتحالف مع أحد إلا وحاول الانقلاب عليه. شيخ إقطاعي صغير لا يريد أن يسأله أحد عما فعله هو ونوابه لكنه يريد مساءلة الجميع. شيخ إقطاعي "سئيل" لا يريد أن يذكره أحد بتاريخه القريب لكنه يريد مساءلة الجميع. يكون لحم أكتافه من الحريري ثم ينقلب على الحريري. تماماً كوالده: يكون لحم أكتافهم من إسرائيل ثم ينقلبون عليها. يصبح لحم أكتافهم من سوريا فينقلبون عليها. يتركون من لا يتركونهم عند أول عثرة تصادفهم. عشر سنوات يعيش في كنف الحريرية مدافعاً عنها ومزايداً ورافضاً لمبدأ المحاسبة المالية ثم يصبح رأس حربة (شكلياً فقط) في المطالبة بالتدقيق المالي. هكذا هو: يرى موجة فيهرع لتسلقها، ومن موجة إلى أخرى، يراكم الانقلابات. بيت لا يعرف معنى المبادئ ولا القيم ويكفي كل لبناني أن يتذكر كيف كانت حرية هذا البلد وسيادته واستقلاله في ختام عهد الجميل. بيت خرب بيوت اللبنانيين حين أسقط الليرة. بيت خرب بيوت اللبنانيين حين ناشد الرئيس السوري حافظ الأسد التدخل لحماية نفوذه الخاص لا نفوذ المسيحيين. بيت خرب بيوت اللبنانيين في الجبل. بيت خرب بيوت متنية كثيرة كثيرة. بيت حاول تخريب كل البيوتات اللبنانية السياسية، واسألوا القبور. بيت أدخل لعبة الدم وأباح الاغتيال السياسي وكرس منطق الخطف والسجن في صناديق السيارات. لو كان لدى إبن داغر بعض قليل من الكرامة لاستعاض عن المحاضرة بشأن الرجولة بتوضيب علب المكياج في حقيبة سفر، وشنغل صديقه سامي وطارا في أول طائرة إلى أحد بيوت والده في باريس.

أما لماذا يشن حملة ضد سامي الجميل فسؤال مشروع، وإليك يا "سرجيو" بعض الجواب:
    1.لأنكم معارضة انتهازية هدفها الأول والوحيد وضع العصي في دواليب العهد استجابة لأمر عمليات سعودي.
    2.لأن الخشب الذي في أعينكم أكبر بكثير من القذى في أعين غيركم ولا بد بالتالي من أن تشرحوا سبب دفاعكم عن عدم إجراء تدقيق مالي طوال السنوات العشر الماضية قبل سؤالكم اليوم عما حصل في الإبراء المستحيل.
    3.لأن "التنمير" على عمل لجنة المال حق لفلان وعلتان أما أنتم فمقرر اللجنة كتائبي منكم وفيكم ولا يمكن أن يمر شيء في اللجنة دون موافقته؛ لو كان يقوم بدوره طبعاً بدل شرب النسكافيه والتنظير.
    4.لأنكم تقولون في الصبح أنك معارضة للسلطة ومجتمع مدني وغيره وغيره من الأكاذيب ثم تتحالفون ظهراً مع القوات اللبنانية في بشري – الكورة – البترون – زغرتا وزحلة ومع فرعون والقوات في الأشرفية ومع جيلبرت زوين ويوسف خليل وفريد هيكل الخازن وفارس سعيد في كسروان – جبيل.
    5.لأننا نسير يومياً مع آلاف المواطنين عند المارينا ضبية فنلاحظ كيف جيرت هذا الشاطئ العام الرائع إلى شركة خاصة كانت مقربة من أمين الجميل في عهده، وكيف لا يوجد على طول الشاطئ المتنيّ متنفس واحد يصلح ليكون شاطئ عام لأن المجارير والتعديات فتكت به في عهد أمين الجميل؛ فيما أنتم تريدون من الناس أن يشيحوا الأنظار عن هذا كله ويركزوا على مكب النفايات في برج حمود الذي استحدث هناك بالمناسبة في عهد أمين الجميل أيضاً.
    أخيراً، الأمر لا يتعلق بفتيان الكتائب الشتامين ووطاويطهم إنما بطبقة سياسية سيئة مثل هذا الحزب عامودها الفقري لسنوات وسنوات؛ المعركة المقبلة ليست مع الكتائب فقط إنما مع الكتائب وميشال المر وميشال فرعون ونعمة طعمة وفارس سعيد وبطرس حرب وكل من يتكئون على الرئيس نبيه بري لمحاولة إسقاط عهد ميشال عون ومنعه من أن يحكم​

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    chefet hawde kif?
    bi2oloulak ana secular w ba3dena mabadoun to vote la2ano her/his sect mch represented b hal district. yel3an ekhet l kezeb!
    مظبوط متل ما عم بتقول. بس لما الأرمني يحكمني لأنه مسيحي و هوي ما بيحكي عربي وولاءو لأرمينيا ما رح صوت للأرمني. و حضرة جنابك عم تحكي حكي فاضي لأنه نحنا ناطرين الفلسطيني السني بكرا لمايحكمك بسبب نظامك يللي أنت ما شايف فيه ألا الكرسي المسيحي و عامال حالك ديمقراطي و متطور و أنت متلك متل داعش بس لابس كرافات.

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yallah! Let's ask for the "Orthodox Law".
    What is evident in the Lebanese Parliamentary system is that it is not democratic and it fails at representation at the demographic level. While, the end of the civil war has managed to break the population barrier between East and West Beirut and Muslim and Christian Lebanon, the system of Parliament failed by its failure to implement article 95 of the Constitution. Consequently, a Shi'a registered voter in Meten does not vote for the MP that represents the interests of the community of the registered voters but is obliged to vote for an MP representing the interests of his/her sect. This also means that Shi'a living in Meten look at the results of election in South and Becaa, and not in Meten. Since, the system itself is still functioning as if we are living during the civil war with East and West boundaries, when demographically the population is distributed in multi sectarian areas and not canonized in sectarian areas like the Parliament makes it appear to be. What does the Member of Parliament represent in Parliament, is this his sect or the population living in the area s/he represents.

This is needless to say that the principle of equality should not exclude a member of the community from participating in government because of this member's sect.

Last edited: