Parliamentary elections 2018 Elections: Metn district

• Advertisement
  • LebSpy

LebSpy

Hey a word of Advice, and I know what I am talking about, if the tashnaq keep it this way, next time the Armenians will be more separated...
    Give the people what they want, and stop making money on their behalf.
    The people remember well when Pakradounian promised them about the Bourdj Hammoud Makkab, how he said we will hire only Lebanese and specially armenians to build the marina and the sea etc... And in the municipality ...the people demanded that the municipality look into the syrian situation ...but they chose to make money over the people... if Paula Yaccoubian made one MP in Achrafiye then you guys are in serious trouble, and if you dont fix it it you will end up losing more MP.... People naturally have Tashnag tendency in bourdj hammoud I mean the armenians but you are losing a grace God gave it to you... and in the next 4-8 years the problem will be bigger ...

Its an advice...you can take it or leave it.. and I know what I am talking about I posted the exact numbers that will not vote for pakradounian in this elections...and I was right... I am saying this because I am an Ally FPM.. and I care about the Armenians and the Bourdj Hammoud situation.. Im not an enemy....I hope you get what I am saying....
    My friend, I'm not a Tashnag member but I have huge respect for this party and its organizational chart. I own a shop in the middle of Bourj Hammoud so I hear a lot of people's talk. The campaigns were concentrated on makkab Bourj Hammoud even though most of the time the smell is worst in the place I live (not in Bourj Hammoud).

Similar to FPM sympathizers, Tashnag sympathizers were dragged to vote for others. A lot of work is being done for the Syrian case but if we go and announce about it, we'll be labelled as racists. There are other works being done for the Armenian youth to be able to buy a house in Bourj Hammoud but most are not highlighted correctly outside our community. I haven't head this being done by any other municipality that's why I wanted to mention it.
    I feel like the only way to get more people around them is to get into illegal activities or provide "khadamat" like all the others are doing. I don't know much about Paula since everyone around me doesn't like her but many pro-Tashnag voted for Jean Talouzian after getting $300.

Do you know if there's a website that we can see the detailed number of votes (not per candidate as on tayyar.org)?

Rock

Rock

Has Kanaan resigned yet? Didnt he say if Samy was first in Maten he will resign?
    This is nonesense talk, FPM are still very strong in Metn, and on the contrary, we were disorganized. People voted for Samy primarily and we couldnt convince a lot to vote for Hankach! this we have to work on, its not an asset to get all the votes for Samy in such election law, while FPM distributed the vote correctly among its voters.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

This is nonesense talk, FPM are still very strong in Metn, and on the contrary, we were disorganized. People voted for Samy primarily and we couldnt convince a lot to vote for Hankach! this we have to work on, its not an asset to get all the votes for Samy in such election law, while FPM distributed the vote correctly among its voters.
    FPM will continue to be strong in Metn, Keserwen, Jbeil and Baabda. There is no doubt about that. Kataeb is a party of the past 2 MPs is tops they can make in Metn.

N

new hope

You don’t need to spread in metn -
    Once Mur won the remaining seat is Maronite

If Mur didn’t win sarkis would have won and kataeb got the orthodox

The funny party the ssnp size was so tiny
    Ghassan achkar got only 2500 and 1500 among th are from Hezbollah hahahaha
    And the sebaaly got 500ish

Ya3neh all together chi 1500 and if we add Corine 700 let’s say with frata 2500

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

Toli3 Sarkis addon keloun lal frata li keno yrab7ouna jmileh lol

N

new hope

Nahas’s votes that he took from us would have been enough to win the 5th seat though
    No no still far

Fpm 38800
    Kataeb 19000
    Mur 13700
    Lf 13100

The kataeb ratio is high enough even with 5000 added on fpm kataeb would still get 2

vegojimbo

vegojimbo

Legendary Member

how much did Ghassan Mkhaiber get? Did he get more preferential votes than Sarkis? if yes, and had Murr lost, FPM would have got the 2nd orthodox seat, and Kataeb would still get the 4th maronite seat.

u sure? Murr got the majority of the SSNP vote, on top of armenian votes, and the majority of the shiite votes. This is my information as I reside in Metn.
    HA in Metn? Most shiites in metn are Amal sympathizers, and they voted entirely for Murr to spite FPM.

N

new hope

how much did Ghassan Mkhaiber get? Did he get more preferential votes than Sarkis? if yes, and had Murr lost, FPM would have got the 2nd orthodox seat, and Kataeb would still get the 4th maronite seat.

u sure? Murr got the majority of the SSNP vote, on top of armenian votes, and the majority of the shiite votes. This is my information as I reside in Metn.
    No 2600 only :(
    They are purely his supporters - I remember in a far3iyeh he got this number 2500

N

new hope

HA in Metn? Most shiites in metn are Amal sympathizers, and they voted entirely for Murr to spite FPM.
    Ssnp had ghassan achkar 2500 the official candidate
    And sebaaly the mou3arada ssnp on Mur list got only 446

If ssnp wanted to help Mur they would have voted for their man on his list to show their size at least ..

Now tashnag are estimated 10.000 to 10500 in metn
    Hagop pakradonian got 7500
    The other 2 armenian candidates 150 each
    Where did 2500 to 3000 tashnag votes go !!

W

wdawle1

My friend, I'm not a Tashnag member but I have huge respect for this party and its organizational chart. I own a shop in the middle of Bourj Hammoud so I hear a lot of people's talk. The campaigns were concentrated on makkab Bourj Hammoud even though most of the time the smell is worst in the place I live (not in Bourj Hammoud).

Similar to FPM sympathizers, Tashnag sympathizers were dragged to vote for others. A lot of work is being done for the Syrian case but if we go and announce about it, we'll be labelled as racists. There are other works being done for the Armenian youth to be able to buy a house in Bourj Hammoud but most are not highlighted correctly outside our community. I haven't head this being done by any other municipality that's why I wanted to mention it.
    I feel like the only way to get more people around them is to get into illegal activities or provide "khadamat" like all the others are doing. I don't know much about Paula since everyone around me doesn't like her but many pro-Tashnag voted for Jean Talouzian after getting $300.

Do you know if there's a website that we can see the detailed number of votes (not per candidate as on tayyar.org)?

You did well, proved to have majority of Armenian street easily ( more then 80%). tough luck to you getting only 3/6 armenian seats.But you can count on the 30 MP we have as your MP too. I fear you have big problem in immigration, and your reaching point of inexistance in lebanon.I hope tashnag start solving this issue.

vegojimbo

vegojimbo

Legendary Member
    Ssnp had ghassan achkar 2500 the official candidate
    And sebaaly the mou3arada ssnp on Mur list got only 446

If ssnp wanted to help Mur they would have voted for their man on his list to show their size at least ..
    Murr did a lot of khadamet to many SSNPers in Metn and he has most SSNP head of municipalities in his pockets, so no they only gave him their votes, bc only he had a chance to win.

Now tashnag are estimated 10.000 to 10500 in metn
    Hagop pakradonian got 7500
    The other 2 armenian candidates 150 each
    Where did 2500 to 3000 tashnag votes go !!
    Exactly. Most went to Murr and the rest was due to unhappiness of some armenians with tashnag's policies. I'm telling u Murr got a lot of armenian votes. Some of those he bought. One family was even promised 8000$ for 29 votes. Whether Tashnag was directly swaying voters to vote for him under the table or simply turning a blind eye, the armenian votes secured Murr's win.
    And let's not forget the shiite votes that almost exclusively went for him by orders of Berri.

Last edited:
    R

Ralph N

Murr did a lot of khadamet to many SSNPers in Metn and he has most SSNP head of municipalities in his pockets, so no they gave him their votes only, bc only he had a chance to win.

Exactly. They went to Murr. I'm telling u Murr got a lot of armenian votes. Some of those he bought. One family was even promised 8000$ for 29 votes. Whether Tashnag was directly swaying voters to vote for him under the table or simply turning a blind eye, the armenian votes secured Murr's win.
    And let's not forget the shiite votes that almost exclusively went for him by orders of Berri.
    Guys guys guys... I will tell you what happened about maten..
    Sadly Murr is strong internationally and he secured himself a seat... He made a deal and he got the seat..
    It is secondary to how he got it...
    I know for sure .. and I am very sure or it...around 1000-to 1500 at least Armenian votes went to FPM members especially bou saab and mkhayber..
    If there are around 1000 or 2000 armenian votes went to murr its because it was an international order the tashnag received ...
    And we all know Hizb alla and amal are traitors they betrayed wahhab and allied with Boutros harb against gebran bassil in batroun etc...eno...we all expect berri and nassrala to fight us.....they think they are in control and that they can do what they want...

N

new hope

Anyway this election showed the ssnp is finished in metn ... was too much inflated in the past They ended up at top 2000 .. and they don’t follow the leadership disorganised

They used to get their mp when it was a public buses election

Placebo

Placebo

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Nahas’s votes that he took from us would have been enough to win the 5th seat though
    Not really:

FPM got 3.6 hawassels anyway, with 2500-3000 more votes it would have been 3.8is, still 4 winners.

FPM lost around 10’000 votes in Metn since 2009 ( biggest loss in all of the other districts, were FPM performed well) they are still the biggest single party but you can’t blame Nahas for that losses.

Let’s see if they can pick up and get backsome representation. Whatever GB did in batroun, should be applied to all other districts. Who would have thought that douma would vote predominantly to GB?

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

Not really:

FPM got 3.6 hawassels anyway, with 2500-3000 more votes it would have been 3.8is, still 4 winners.

FPM lost around 10’000 votes in Metn since 2009 ( biggest loss in all of the other districts, were FPM performed well) they are still the biggest single party but you can’t blame Nahas for that losses.

Let’s see if they can pick up and get backsome representation. Whatever GB did in batroun, should be applied to all other districts. Who would have thought that douma would vote predominantly to GB?
    Weren't we fighting for the 5th seat and almost got it? So doubt we only have 3.6 hawassels, need to wait for the official results

Placebo

Placebo

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Weren't we fighting for the 5th seat and almost got it? So doubt we only have 3.6 hawassels, need to wait for the official results
    Check the tayyar page, the results are there. FPM list got around 39k total botes which is lower than expected. Even me with my pessimistic estimates i gave FPM 44K.

The 5th seat was close in keserwan/jbeil, where FPM got 4.5 hawwasels.

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

Check the tayyar page, the results are there. FPM list got around 39k total botes which is lower than expected. Even me with my pessimistic estimates i gave FPM 44K.

The 5th seat was close in keserwan/jbeil, where FPM got 4.5 hawwasels.
    Eza hek I think it's because the voter turnout was lower than usual, doesn't mean it represented less than 4 hawassel
    If that was the case, we would have been waiting for the result of Eddy Maalouf's seat not the kataeb VS sarkis one