Parliamentary elections 2018 Elections: Metn district

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

Check the tayyar page, the results are there. FPM list got around 39k total botes which is lower than expected. Even me with my pessimistic estimates i gave FPM 44K.

The 5th seat was close in keserwan/jbeil, where FPM got 4.5 hawwasels.
Just checked Tayyar, you're right

• Advertisement
  • Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Eza hek I think it's because the voter turnout was lower than usual, doesn't mean it represented less than 4 hawassel
    If that was the case, we would have been waiting for the result of Eddy Maalouf's seat not the kataeb VS sarkis one
    Its not abt voter turnout.

Metn and jbeil are clear signs of dissatisfaction and fpm should look to mend their image.", on the communication and developpement sides.

I think the jal el dib bridge is a big cause for coastal metn voters for example.

I hope they take the time and examine those numbers very closely

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

Its not abt voter turnout.

Metn and jbeil are clear signs of dissatisfaction and fpm should look to mend their image.", on the communication and developpement sides.

I think the jal el dib bridge is a big cause for coastal metn voters for example.

I hope they take the time and examine those numbers very closely
    According to Bassil the bloc could have potentially had 7 more deputees if it wasn't for the low turnout lol

vegojimbo

vegojimbo

Legendary Member
    Not really:

FPM got 3.6 hawassels anyway, with 2500-3000 more votes it would have been 3.8is, still 4 winners.

FPM lost around 10’000 votes in Metn since 2009 ( biggest loss in all of the other districts, were FPM performed well) they are still the biggest single party but you can’t blame Nahas for that losses.

Let’s see if they can pick up and get backsome representation. Whatever GB did in batroun, should be applied to all other districts. Who would have thought that douma would vote predominantly to GB?
    Your hassel score seems off.
    Up till 12 am midnight, FPM had secured 4 seats and Kataeb 1, and there was a battle for the 5th seat between Sarkis Sarkis and Hankach. So FPM surely had 4+hawwasels.
    Did u recalculate the hassel after kulluna watani list was disqualified?

Last edited:
    Placebo

Placebo

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Up till 12 am midnight, FPM had secured 4 seats and Kataeb 1, and there was a battle for the 5th seat between Sarkis Sarkis and Hankach. So FPM surely had 4+hawwasels.

Edit: FPM got 4.58 hassel in Metn (38897/ (38897+19003+13779+13138)=38897/84187=4.585)

I got the results from the Tayyar webpage, which takes into consideration the cancelled votes.

FPM got 38'897
    The total number of votes are 92446 - the Cancelled votes 7071 = 85375

85375/8 = 10671 <--- This is the Hassel.

38896/10671 = 3.64

FPM needed at least 10'000 more votes to consider start competing for the 5th seat.

edit: METN is the district where FPM (and Tashnag) performed the poorest, compared to previous years. There's literally more than 12'000 votes that went away (taking into consideration the 4k Sarkis Sarkis brought in)

FPM really needs to do a serious evaluation of the situation there.

vegojimbo

vegojimbo

Legendary Member
    I got the results from the Tayyar webpage, which takes into consideration the cancelled votes.

FPM got 38'897

38896/10671 = 3.64

FPM needed at least 10'000 more votes to consider start competing for the 5th seat.
    I forgot to multiply the final number by 8/10 bc there are 8 seats there, so yeah FPM got 3.6 hassel in metn.

Looks like the final ballot boxes were almost all in favor of Kataeb, that is the only explanation as to why every media outlet was saying FPM and Kataeb were fighting for the final maronite seat. Most likely, FPM had 4+ hawwasel at the time, then when the last boxes were counted it dropped to 3.6.

Rock

Rock

I forgot to multiply the final number by 8/10 bc there are 8 seats there, so yeah FPM got 3.6 hassel in metn.

Looks like the final ballot boxes were almost all in favor of Kataeb, that is the only explanation as to why every media outlet was saying FPM and Kataeb were fighting for the final maronite seat. Most likely, FPM had 4+ hawwasel at the time, then when the last boxes were counted it dropped to 3.6.
    No you were only listening to your media sources who counted FPM strong areas first, as were doing kataeb, counting their strongest first
    both bunch of amateurs

S

Syriac

In intishar, FPM instructed its voters to vote for Eddy Maalouf in Matn as he was the weakest link. It was nicely done by FPM. So for the troll that is saying Kanaan is 4th, rouh khayet bi gheir bi hal msalleh. Kanaan would have gotten more votes than Gemayel by far. Sami took all the votes for his list to satisfy his ego similar to Murr. For instance, I wanted to vote for Kanaan but chose to vote for Maalouf to make sure he goes through.

vegojimbo

vegojimbo

Legendary Member
    No you were only listening to your media sources who counted FPM strong areas first, as were doing kataeb, counting their strongest first
    both bunch of amateurs
    ayya my media sources? Even LBC was saying it for God's sake.
    Why do we people feel compelled to try to make a point where none exist is beyond me.

D

davidov

so Murr is the king of maten despite all the war on him and taking away sarkis and tashnag and and and....
    bassil was so sure that Murr will not get more than 3000 votes...in my opinion maten was a big loss and huge mistake in calculations for fpm...simply because it was a blind war against Michel Murr

F

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
    so Murr is the king of maten despite all the war on him and taking away sarkis and tashnag and and and....
    bassil was so sure that Murr will not get more than 3000 votes...in my opinion maten was a big loss and huge mistake in calculations for fpm...simply because it was a blind war against Michel Murr
    Murr got saved by berri and tachnag. The side which benefited the most from the blind war between kanaan and sami was eddy abi lamaa.

N

new hope

Murr got saved by berri and tachnag. The side which benefited the most from the blind war between kanaan and sami was eddy abi lamaa.
    How ? ???
    I don’t see the link how could eddy benefited from sami kenaan war ??

Eno someone voted eddy because sami hate kenaan ?

F

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
    How ? ???
    I don’t see the link how could eddy benefited from sami kenaan war ??

Eno someone voted eddy because sami hate kenaan ?
    No they discredited themselves so much that people refrained from voting for both , stayed home or went to koulouna watani list while eddy was making his way through silently .

N

new hope

No they discredited themselves so much that people refrained from voting for both , stayed home or went to koulouna watani list while eddy was making his way through silently .
    He would have made it anyway the participation wasn’t shocking in metn
    They got 13k 7assel was 11k
    So to raid 7assel by 1k you need extra 8k
    To make him loose you would need 16k extra with 0 for him .

lebnan_lilkel

lebnan_lilkel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Thank God Hankash Won. He is a great guy and full of energy. Sarkis is full of nothing.

vegojimbo

vegojimbo

Legendary Member
    Thank God Hankash Won. He is a great guy and full of energy. Sarkis is full of nothing.
    Had Murr not have been helped by HA/Amal and Tashnag, FPM would have been battling for the 2nd orthodox seat and most likely ghassan Moukhaiber would have stayed as an MP. Hankash would have automatically won, without there having a battle between him and Sarkis.
    Anw, it's better Hankash won than Sarkis.

E

Eliassss

FPM got 38'897

38896/10671 = 3.64

edit: METN is the district where FPM (and Tashnag) performed the poorest, compared to previous years. There's literally more than 12'000 votes that went away (taking into consideration the 4k Sarkis Sarkis brought in)

FPM really needs to do a serious evaluation of the situation there.
    yalle sar larman wil shiia ntakhabo lmurr (betsawar la 2ekher marra) 3atou shi 5-6k
    law ma hek kene kholess lmten hek

المتن القوي
    38897 + 5500=44397

نبض المتن

الوفاء المتنية
    13779 - 5500=8279

المتن قلب لبنان

كلنا وطني

44397+19003+8279+13138=84817/8=1060

5-2-1

E

Eliassss

Hawde l3awemel kamena 2assaro:
    1. Bi 3edet diya3 elias bou saab khabas ktir. w2aktar shi khabas bi 2osset lmandoubin nat fo2 2ossem kbir min hay2et lma7aliye wssar y7ot mandoubin la 2ello. fa bi 3edet diya3 lhay2et ma ykoun 3inda mandoubin la2ano jame3et elias ghayaro 2assem lmandoubin bi lk2emmakam.
    2. fi tayyar ntakhabo lmurr wil moujtama3-el-madane.
    3. nesbet l2iktira3 kenet wate.

3al akid l2ouwet+kateab ma t2adamo tanyneton sawa 32000. Fi shi akid l2ouwet 3am yekhdo jame3et lkateab