Elections Elections: Nabatiyeh-Marjayoun-Bint Jbeil-Hasbayya district

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
Since u are putting ur self in defence of the christians of the south..
come again?? where on earth did you get that???
On 1987 a man from nabatieh , called " Elias chahine " , he was a devoute catholic , not communist and not affiliated to any party , living in his house in a quartier called " hay el rahbat " , was killed with his wife with cold blood by a commando of amal , leaded by a so called " zaki chokr " ( who by the way killed later in saida against palestinians).. During this period amal was haunting the communist militants and killing them.. But this catholic old man was not communist why he was killed ? Yalla ya shater . Go ask ur za3eem to bring justice to your christian brother .. And if he do so i will vote him with blind eyes.
so because there are two "Catholics" in the communist party (oh the oxymorons) then we should conclude that the LCP is the leading party among Christians in the south?

and yet another reason why people should reject this logic and invest in people who can are capable of grasping relational logic, especially when it comes to planning and promoting the future of a nation.

• Advertisement
  • Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    I didnt claim anything. And never said communist are very popular in these areas..
    I said that communist could rappresent a good vote option for christians because it create a bridge with shia majority ..
    I never said that communist are majority among christians.but also i cannot say that no christians vote communist . I personally know many who are active members of comunist party from various christian towns in the south .
    Yes correct , bechara is from deir mimas , my error.. I used to know her dad , who worked in cola area in a supermarket of communist party , end on 80 's .
    Look, my late uncle was a member of the LCP politburo; he was behind sending hundreds of young men and women to the Soviet Union to get education there. The guy was a real gentleman; he was so nice and loved helping people. He was a teacher and used to give free private lessons to tens of students; I always admired him. So, when I speak about LCP, I know what I am talking about and don't have any intention to bash them.
    On the other hand, they committed deadly mistakes when they fought with the Palestinians against their compatriots during the war and George Hawi himself admitted that this was a very big mistake later on and said that if history goes back, they would have taken a totally different stand.

gramsci

Legendary Member
    come again??

so because there are two "Catholics" in the communist party (oh the oxymorons) then we should conclude that the LCP is the leading party among Christians in the south?

and yet another reason why people should reject this logic and invest in people who can are capable of grasping relational logic, especially when it comes to planning and promoting the future of a nation.
    Read the above answers :)..

lcp is a secular party .. Few catholic , few shia . Few sunni , few druze , few ..few etc = result. Secular group of people who choosed to create an alternative society based on human value and common interest instead replacing the religious and sectarian mini societies Fighting over the resources.. So i do see anything wrong with it ..and all that is made on a democratic way .. Mean no one is limiting ur own liberty to vote whom u want..

gramsci

Legendary Member
    Look, my late uncle was a member of the LCP politburo; he was behind sending hundreds of young men and women to the Soviet Union to get education there. The guy was a real gentleman; he was so nice and loved helping people. He was a teacher and used to give free private lessons to tens of students; I always admired him. So, when I speak about LCP, I know what I am talking about and don't have any intention to bash them.
    On the other hand, they committed deadly mistakes when they fought with the Palestinians against their compatriots during the war and George Hawi himself admitted that this was a very big mistake later on and said that if history goes back, they would have taken a totally different stand.
    During the civil war all parties did mistakes..going to the war itself was a mistake .. before that communist took this wrong Decision to go to the war from the begining ,. U must also take the consideration ther other side dmoves , i mean the jabha lebnaniye : kataeb- shamoun and jemayel , starting from 1958 and the marines involvment against part of lebanese people.the contacts with israel since the 50's, the baghdad allince front in full cold war , the formation of kataeb milithia , the monopoly on economy , the killing of maarouf saad in saida .. Transformation of lebanon to a western hub of mukhabarat anti soviet and regional allies ( syria and iraq ) .. Se see , in all this madness the alliance with the palestinians in their figt to liberate their lands was a logical outcome of the events of the time... Dont forget.. It was not the lebanese leftist nor the communist behind the fatah land decision in cairo on 1969.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Read the above answers :)..

lcp is a secular party .. Few catholic , few shia . Few sunni , few druze , few ..few etc = result. Secular group of people who choosed to create an alternative society based on human value and common interest instead replacing the religious and sectarian mini societies Fighting over the resources.. So i do see anything wrong with it ..and all that is made on a democratic way .. Mean no one is limiting ur own liberty to vote whom u want..
    that is a laughable maiming of reality ya gramsci. an alternative community based on human value 2al.

wlak 3ifna ba2a. we still recall the role of the LCP in the civil war, azlem yessir 3arafet. law men yessir 3arafet ken fi shouyou3iyi blebnen? ba3don lal yowm bi leffo el kafiyi el flastiniyi w byetra7amo 3ala yessir 3arafet. there is no left in Lebanon.

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    During the civil war all parties did mistakes..going to the war itself was a mistake .. before that communist took this wrong Decision to go to the war from the begining ,. U must also take the consideration ther other side dmoves , i mean the jabha lebnaniye : kataeb- shamoun and jemayel , starting from 1958 and the marines involvment against part of lebanese people.
    Of course, everybody made mistakes more or less but nothing justifies fighting against your own compatriots with a foreign Army. I never understood why communists fought with the Palestinians. I could understand Islamic factions and SSNP doing this but not communists.

gramsci

Legendary Member
    that is a laughable maiming of reality ya gramsci. an alternative community based on human value 2al.

wlak 3ifna ba2a. we still recall the role of the LCP in the civil war, azlem yessir 3arafet. law men yessir 3arafet ken fi shouyou3iyi blebnen? ba3don lal yowm bi leffo el kafiyi el flastiniyi w byetra7amo 3ala yessir 3arafet. there is no left in Lebanon.
    Lcp was founded on 1923 .. Arafat shit wasn t born yet.

gramsci

Legendary Member
    Of course, everybody made mistakes more or less but nothing justifies fighting against your own compatriots with a foreign Army. I never understood why communists fought with the Palestinians. I could understand Islamic factions and SSNP doing this but not communists.
    Against falangists u mean..( not any compatriot .. But damn phalangists ) .. So put your words right.. With my above answer u ll ge to the answer on why..
    If on only election u want to bring the civil war and events of the 70's were most of us werent yet born just to score electoral points thats became a bit boring.. Let the historian sort it out and rewrite the history of the events..
    But what is my concern now is different regarding the election. In the lcp program the reference to the palestinians is by the right of return of palestinian refugees to their land and against tawtin..for my concern that is a right position.

Last edited:

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Lcp was founded on 1923 .. Arafat shit wasn t born yet.
    so your answer is that arafat didn't found the LCP? really? how can any communication be productive as such? ....

it doesn't matter ya habibi. LCP is a dinosaur form a long gone past, not just in Lebanon but in the whole world, the sooner you come to this realization the better.

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    Against falangists u mean..
    Not only phalangists; Ahrar, Horras ElArz, Marada and tens of thousands of Christian and Muslim Lebanese who were not affiliated were defending their country against Palestinians. The war started between Phalangists and Palestinians and the communists chose to take the side of the Palestinians. Maybe, they thought they can use Palestinians to change the regime in Lebanon and this was an unforgivable mistake.

Aoune32!

This is not to bring up past but to fight for the future. The shia duo have had parliament representation since 92 in the south w chou 3emlo??? Ma 3emlo chi.
    The communists and minorities were hunted. Those against the duo escaped to other areas or weren't active.
    Now comes an electoral law which can give some rights back to the small parties. Then why not??

In this district FPM rather vote the shia duo go and vote for the duo, they have their own list kameina 3al bas the communists in the south which are predominately shia have a right also to be represented here. They are the third largest force in the South but the problem li 3andoun is their votes are scattered. I wish them the best and i hope they can get at least 1-2 seats from this district.

gramsci

Legendary Member
    so your answer is that arafat didn't found the LCP? really? how can any communication be productive as such? ....

it doesn't matter ya habibi. LCP is a dinosaur form a long gone past, not just in Lebanon but in the whole world, the sooner you come to this realization the better.
    Ok dont vote them :) simple .

gramsci

Legendary Member
    Not only phalangists; Ahrar, Horras ElArz, Marada and tens of thousands of Christian and Muslim Lebanese who were not affiliated were defending their country against Palestinians. The war started between Phalangists and Palestinians and the communists chose to take the side of the Palestinians. Maybe, they thought they can use Palestinians to change the regime in Lebanon and this was an unforgivable mistake.
    Horras arez , phalangists .. Ahrar.. common man : a pro israeli , pro nazi germany and pro american party . And u want me to clap for them .. With such people i trust only my friend : kalashnikov :) .. Metaphorically speaking .. Since i personally believe in politics and peaceful methods..Understand tovarisch.. Its called ideological conflict .

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    Horras arez , phalangists .. Ahrar.. common man : a pro israeli , pro nazi germany and pro american party . And u want me to clap for them .. With such people i trust only my friend : kalashnikov :) .. Understand tovarisch.. Its called ideological conflict .
    The reason why the Communist Party is a vestigial party is this mentality. With this way of thinking, what's the difference between you and the Nazis? Nothing

gramsci

Legendary Member
    I repost my answer here for the pseudo historians who see the events from one eye or sided version :

If on only election u want to bring the civil war and events of the 70's where most of us werent yet born just to score electoral points thats becoming a bit boring.. Let the historian sort it out and rewrite the history of the events..
    But what is my concern now is different regarding the election. I regard the electoral program presented ..In the lcp program the reference to the palestinians is by the right of return of palestinian refugees to their land and against tawtin..for my concern that is a right position.

gramsci

Legendary Member
    The reason why the Communist Party is a vestigial party is this mentality. With this way of thinking, what's the difference between you and the Nazis? Nothing
    I dont think this thread is to discuss the difference between communism and nazism.. Which i can assure u is huge.. But if u are concerned ..i already opened a thread about it , regarding fascism ill tag u in.

Here u go Fascism - History of a Criminal ideology

Aoune32!

This is about the elections not about the war. The LCP have thousands of voters but they are scattered all across the country. They should have easily a 7assel and nchalla they can make it with a shia LCP candidate.

gramsci

Legendary Member

:D
    image.jpg