• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Elections Elections: Zahle district

• Advertisement
  • lebnan_lilkel

Orange Room Supporter
    Why hasn't PMA opened up the issue of syrian imported voters ? FM surely aren't happy with the Syrian legacy ... Does HA have an interest in keeping them ? It seems there are common interests that prevail.

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    All articles I am reading are considering the FPM-FM alliance in Zahleh as a given.
    From what I am hearing on the ground I can tell you that that is not confirmed.

الشيخ نعيم قاسم:
    - إثارة البلبلة ومحاولة الضغط الإعلامي على بعضنا يؤدي إلى توتير دون فائدة وقد اثبتت التجارب أنه يمكن حل كل المشاكل عبر الدستور والقوانين
    - قلنا للحلفاء انه اذا وجدتم مصلحة انتخابية في التحالف مع قوى مخالفة لنا فلتتحملوا المسؤولية الكاملة في التحالف والاختيار ونحن لا نتدخل في خياراتهم
    - نحن لا نقيم إدارة مدنية في الضاحية ولتبقى الدولة هي المسؤولة وقد أقمنا بعض الخدمات كرفع النفايات ووضع خزانات المياه
    - نحن سوف نعلن أسماء المرشحين من قبل حزب الله دفعة واحدة وقد أنهينا 90% من الدراسة والبحث والأسبوع القادم يكون لإعلان الأسماء
    - الصوت التفضيلي يبين حجم التأثير وحجم التأييد وفي مناطقنا سوف نوزع الصوت التفضيلي على من يمثلنا

Could this be the reason why an FPM/FM alliance in Zahle (dunno about other places) is not confirmed yet and why (as of today) FPM seems to be going alone counting on big names? hmmmmm

Sheikh Qassem seems to be more threatening than giving his allies the freedom he said he is giving lol

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    I think he is saying, you can't have it both ways.
    It's not in HA s interest to strengthen a FPM FM alliance.
    Eh, if FPM ends up having their own list (regardless of all the big names they will include) in Zahle against an LF/FM list I can tell you that with very high probability they will get no MPs. They did not go along what Sheikh Qassem desired in the last municipal elections and they won, so I hope this time they won't let him intimidate them.

Last edited:

lebnan_lilkel

Orange Room Supporter
    Eh, if FPM ends up having their own list in Zahle againt an LF/FM list in Zahle I can tell you that with very high probability they will get no MPs. They did not go along what Sheikh Qassem desired in the last municipal elections and they won, so I hope this time they won't let him intimidate them.
    HA want to position themselves as well as they can with their traditional allies.
    I'm still not convinced that FM will align with LF against FPM after the Saudi events . SH will not forget what happened. Still no meeting with SG.

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    HA want to position themselves as well as they can with their traditional allies.
    I'm still not convinced that FM will align with LF against FPM after the Saudi events . SH will not forget what happened. Still no meeting with SG.
    True, but in Zahle with LF having the biggest Christian voting block, it is not in the interest of FM to go against them, especially if FPM is forced to bow to HA's threats and get their own list just for the sake of not being on the same list with FM. Zahle is one of the most complicated battleground, and trust me despite all what you hear in the news today the outcome might be very much surprising and very unpredictable.

The problem is that HA underestimated the latest rift with Berri, and no they cannot position themselves with their traditional allies when the thugs of their brother Berri were just few troubles away from starting a new civil war.

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    المطران يريد "ميمو"

علم موقع www.elections18.com أن المقربين من مطران زحلة للروم الكاثوليك عصام درويش يسوقون بقوة لفكرة ترتكز على ترشيح إبن عم الوزير الراحل الياس سكاف الأستاذ ميشال سكاف، شرط تبنيه من قبل تياريّ المستقبل والوطنيّ الحر كرئيس للائحة.
    ويقول هؤلاء إن تحالف المستقبل والوطني الحر سيتعثر في زحلة ولن يكتب له النجاح ما لم يجد شخصية كاثوليكية من المدينة تترأس اللائحة، فالمرشح ميشال ضاهر يمكن أن يمثل قيمة إضافية للائحة باعتباره من قرى القضاء لكن لا بدّ من وجود مرشح كاثوليكيّ رئيسيّ من المدينة.
    علماً أن سير التيار الوطني الحر بهكذا مخطط وارد ربما لكنه مستحيل بالنسبة لتيار المستقبل نظراً للعلاقة الوطيدة بين رئيسه سعد الحريري ورئيسة الكتلة الشعبية ميريم سكاف.

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    المطران يريد "ميمو"

علم موقع www.elections18.com أن المقربين من مطران زحلة للروم الكاثوليك عصام درويش يسوقون بقوة لفكرة ترتكز على ترشيح إبن عم الوزير الراحل الياس سكاف الأستاذ ميشال سكاف، شرط تبنيه من قبل تياريّ المستقبل والوطنيّ الحر كرئيس للائحة.
    ويقول هؤلاء إن تحالف المستقبل والوطني الحر سيتعثر في زحلة ولن يكتب له النجاح ما لم يجد شخصية كاثوليكية من المدينة تترأس اللائحة، فالمرشح ميشال ضاهر يمكن أن يمثل قيمة إضافية للائحة باعتباره من قرى القضاء لكن لا بدّ من وجود مرشح كاثوليكيّ رئيسيّ من المدينة.
    علماً أن سير التيار الوطني الحر بهكذا مخطط وارد ربما لكنه مستحيل بالنسبة لتيار المستقبل نظراً للعلاقة الوطيدة بين رئيسه سعد الحريري ورئيسة الكتلة الشعبية ميريم سكاف.
    Wlek this Mimo no body ever heard about him :D Seriously? Besides, with all my respect to the clergy, bishop Darwiche barely bi moun on half of this own parish. Mimo al :D:D the bishop just wants to upset set Myriam because t2abbaro together not long time ago :)

Would you vote for a list headed by someone calling himself Mimo and wanting women to stay in the kitchen?!? LOL

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    Wlek this Mimo no body ever heard about him :D Seriously? Besides, with all my respect to the clergy, bishop Darwiche barely bi moun on half of this own parish. Mimo al :D:D the bishop just wants to upset set Myriam because t2abbaro together not long time ago :)

Would you vote for a list headed by someone calling himself Mimo and wanting women to stay in the kitchen?!? LOL
    why do fpm seem to prefer him over daher? (if true)

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    why do fpm seem to prefer him over daher? (if true)
    You have to ask Minister Jreissati :) It is not that FPM prefers him, the guy is unknown but they want to capitalize on his family name Skaff to counter Myriam!

After reading Sheikh Qassem today, and knowing that Jreissati and Assad Nakad are close to HA, things are starting to be clear somehow. Perhaps they think that having their own list with a Skaff, and the millionaires Assad Nakad and Michel Daher they will manage to get Salim the seat. I personally think this the current situation of FPM. Not good.

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    You have to ask Minister Jreissati :) It is not that FPM prefers him, the guy is unknown but they want to capitalize on his family name Skaff to counter Myriam!

After reading Sheikh Qassem today, and knowing that Jreissati and Assad Nakad are close to HA, things are starting to be clear somehow. Perhaps they think that having their own list with a Skaff, and the millionaires Assad Nakad and Michel Daher they will manage to get Salim the seat. I personally think this the current situation of FPM. Not good.
    But Daher wants to be the only Catholic on the list...

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    But Daher wants to be the only Catholic on the list...
    Yes because doesn't want to be only a raf3a for the list knowing that all FPMers tefdileh will go to Salim :) Being the only Catholic one in the list he would at least get him rid of the second Catholic competitor on the same list.

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    Yes because doesn't want to be only a raf3a for the list knowing that all FPMers tefdileh will go to Salim :) Being the only Catholic one in the list he would at least get him rid of the second Catholic competitor on the same list.
    Do mimo and nakad want to be raf3at? :p

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Do mimo and nakad want to be raf3at? :p
    I don't know for Nakad but Mimo for sure doesn't care he has nothing to lose aslan :D I never heard of Mimo to tell exactly what he would be thinking :p Besides, when they are candidates they only think about winning and not about being just a raf3a ;)

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    I don't know for Nakad but Mimo for sure doesn't care he has nothing to lose aslan :D I never heard of Mimo to tell exactly what he would be thinking :p Besides, when they are candidates they only think about winning and not about being just a raf3a ;)

استغلال أسعد نكد انتخابياً
    "ليبانون ديبايت"

أعلن مدير عام شركة كهرباء زحلة أسعد نكد ترشحه للانتخابات النيابية على لائحة التيار الوطني الحرّ عن المقعد الأرثوذكسي في زحلة علماً ان امتياز شركة كهرباء زحلة الذي يملكه نكد ينتهي العام القادم والتيار الوطني يتولى وزارة الطاقة منذ سنوات. علماً ان حظوظ وصول نكد ضئيلة، بحسب خبراء انتخابيين، لأن أصوات العونيين، والتي لا تكفي لنيل حاصل انتخابي واحد ستصبّ لصالح مرشح التيار الموجود على اللائحة ذاتها، والغاية من ترشح نكد على لائحة التيار ليس الوصول الى المجلس النيابي بل تأمين الظروف الملائمة للتمديد لامتياز كهرباء لبنان.

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    Pakradonian said that they want preferential votes from FM to their Armenian candidate in Zahleh in return of Tashnag preferrential votes for FM candidate in Beirut 1.