EmiratesLeaks - Diplomatic cable: Geagea is betting FPM will be divided after Aoun

• Advertisement
  • Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It's not surprising that Geagea thinks this. What's surprising is that many ex-FPMers and jaw2it el na2i2a are also falling into this trap just because they hate Gebran.

superduper703

It's not surprising that Geagea thinks this. What's surprising is that many ex-FPMers and jaw2it el na2i2a are also falling into this trap just because they hate Gebran.
    The FPM fractioning is not what is interesting in the cable. It's all the other juicy stuff about the corrupt deals being struck outside the council of ministers, the money cut from the LF's ministries, the allowing Hizbullah free reign in the country.

The Jade

Legendary Member
    Samir Geagea is not the only one betting on this.
    Almost everyone else is too, including Frangieh, Hariri, etc.
    A lot of people are with the FPM now because Aoun gave his approval for Bassil.

This is however, not the most important point.
    The article shows clearly that Geagea was hoping Saad will be forced to resign, hence the issues between both parties.
    It also shows that Geagea wanted to use his ministries as a personal services dispenser for electoral purposes.

Just goes to show that the guy always likes to paint his party as the only one that's clean, yet he's no different than others.....

Tayyar9

The FPM fractioning is not what is interesting in the cable. It's all the other juicy stuff about the corrupt deals being struck outside the council of ministers, the money cut from the LF's ministries, the allowing Hizbullah free reign in the country.
    According to LF you mean

Tayyar9

Just confirms what everyone has been talking about. It reflects the actions taken by the Saudis to take Hariri out of the equation.

If it walks like a duck,...
    Who is everyone? Those who pray day and night for Aoun's presidency to fail? Or you mean those who didn't do shit for 30 years?

Omeros

This was sent a week before Hariri was summoned to KSA ta yekela kam kaff w yesta2eel. No wonder Hariri doesn't want to meet with him.
    90% are published on the forum
    re - read my archive ,:angel:

its not UAE leaks ... its info i got from the ground since 2014

dont u love the forum :p ?

superduper703

Who is everyone? Those who pray day and night for Aoun's presidency to fail? Or you mean those who didn't do shit for 30 years?
    LOL, fail? Because things have improved immeasurably since he took office, right? We have electricity, water, new infrastructure, minimal corruption, and we're not in debt up the wazoo?

Failure and success are not a state of mind. It's things on the ground that decide if he'd succeeded or failed. And, so far, it's getting worse, not better.

Lebnaouneh

Fpm is already divided

After aoun the entire tayyar will RIP
    Kif divided? Fala2ouna divided in Jezzine and Patrick barely got 50 votes
    Mech la2an opponents of FPM want to bring to the spotlight FPM members that resigned yaaneh FPM is divided
    I think with this transition to Bassil leadership under PMA supervision FPM avoided this hurdle

LVV

Too early to tell! Many scenarios that may lead to division or to stay enacted!
    I think it will stay united
    Two purposes
    Winning is a plus for unity
    If they divide the hakim wolf will enter the fray
    Hakim has no perspectives with him Christians will be like Rifi