Ethical/ Unethical competition : Politics , media and business !

Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
"Relentless .
If that's Describe you, This book is your life story.
you're what i call a Cleaner, the most intense and driven competitor imaginable" is a quote from Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable .

Protecting the Unethical competitor either in politics or Economy (AKA business ) and Media is the core problem in Lebanon. It's not Really about who is corrupted or not. since many accusations have competition as an essential Reason.

Media :

No Restriction on "Working hours" is what happening on Tv stations. whenever their is Big Events or reasons to have a High numbers of viewers or readers you will find the Air opened for non stoppable time frame . Further than this , written media can work all together on one campaign each take a Task to get to one target : who is leading all this ? Sometimes could be the Gov for campaigns launched by other times can be led by an NGO , many NGO's or even one person

how ethical is all this ? I dont know who can regulate the ethical standards over here . as much as their is competition in between .

Between Media outlets : once , a Trainer Doc layla abboud told me in a training that the Leader of one industry try to put a code of ethics in between to make the work on going . even more no media / Journalist fire on another for ethical reasons that exclude the critics made on scientific base line .

so is it "Really" a UnEthical world? ... What about the competition on Adds , Here appear the business ethics or more generalized the economical Ethics :

do we really depend on Competition to move forward and unleash our potential based on our competitor's one ? why not making it an individual or "self - centred" one ...... why it's all about the "Other" why not having a better self perception according to our own standards ? why not gaining Results from Cooperation . Again its About "the system of ethics" . so on what are the "COMPETITION RIGHTS" :

Economy :

How a competitive society is good for all? "War is the father of everything " Basic idea in Economics . Economy will use Media and when i say Economy i would Refer to Banks here i can mention MP Paula Yaacoubian who really knows how to manage the media image of banking sector and won this battle while using the combination of the revolution and managing the bad situation and crisis in the banking sector .
but Companies can use Media to point on this owner or other to Screw him in the market if he was a political opponent or adversary .

How ethical is this ?

the employees are victims or could be an opportunity for them to move on in the market ? is it destructive for the whole industry?

How Ethical or diabolical to move the economical competition into political like it happening between China and USA . same as Iran and USA ?

How this have an impact on the lebanese politics , ever though about it from this angle . I mean terrorizing Hezbolla according to the american norms either in bank sector \ economy that lead to a political war . How the lebanese map is moving according to this international MAP .

I couldnt cover of course the whole topic , Thats why UR HELP IS A MUST in the discussion

Last edited:
  • Advertisement
  • theMightyRedV

theMightyRedV

Basically ya okhteh, its the survival of the fittest and strongest. Morals come last. Unfortunately Lebanon will never be immune to the above based on its political foundations, its history, ts people, and its location.

Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Basically ya okhteh, its the survival of the fittest and strongest. Morals come last. Unfortunately Lebanon will never be immune to the above based on its political foundations, its history, ts people, and its location.
    i was thinking about it , is it about "struggle of existence"
    la nekhod 7alet l khazen

is it competition or really Fased of Bassil ?

badak te3zerne im very ethical and intellectual :p fahemne chwe l khabarye

eno lezem efham the competition between animals la efham chwe chou 3am be sir ?

Attachments

Last edited:
    XMyso

XMyso

Orange Room Supporter
    "Relentless .
    you're what i call a Cleaner, the most intense and driven competitor imaginable" is a quote from Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable .

Protecting the Unethical competitor either in politics or Economy (AKA business ) and Media is the core problem in Lebanon. It's not Really about who is corrupted or not. since many accusations have competition as an essential Reason.

Media :

No Restriction on "Working hours" is what happening on Tv stations. whenever their is Big Events or reasons to have a High numbers of viewers or readers you will find the Air opened for non stoppable time frame . Further than this , written media can work all together on one campaign each take a Task to get to one target : who is leading all this ? Sometimes could be the Gov for campaigns launched by other times can be led by an NGO , many NGO's or even one person

how ethical is all this ? I dont know who can regulate the ethical standards over here . as much as their is competition in between .

Between Media outlets : once , a Trainer Doc layla abboud told me in a training that the Leader of one industry try to put a code of ethics in between to make the work on going . even more no media / Journalist fire on another for ethical reasons that exclude the critics made on scientific base line .

so is it "Really" a UnEthical world? ... What about the competition on Adds , Here appear the business ethics or more generalized the economical Ethics :

do we really depend on Competition to move forward and unleash our potential based on our competitor's one ? why not making it an individual or "self - centred" one ...... why it's all about the "Other" why not having a better self perception according to our own standards ? why not gaining Results from Cooperation . Again its About "the system of ethics" . so on what are the "COMPETITION RIGHTS" :

Economy :

How a competitive society is good for all? "War is the father of everything " Basic idea in Economics . Economy will use Media and when i say Economy i would Refer to Banks here i can mention MP Paula Yaacoubian who really knows how to manage the media image of banking sector and won this battle while using the combination of the revolution and managing the bad situation and crisis in the banking sector .
    but Companies can use Media to point on this owner or other to Screw him in the market if he was a political opponent or adversary .

How ethical is this ?

the employees are victims or could be an opportunity for them to move on in the market ? is it destructive for the whole industry?

How Ethical or diabolical to move the economical competition into political like it happening between China and USA . same as Iran and USA ?

How this have an impact on the lebanese politics , ever though about it from this angle . I mean terrorizing Hezbolla according to the american norms either in bank sector \ economy that lead to a political war . How the lebanese map is moving according to this international MAP .

I couldnt cover of course the whole topic , Thats why UR HELP IS A MUST in the discussion
    Very well-written and interesting.

I personally find it ethical for Media to affect economy (as long as it doesn't do so to benefit). Like when Trump says something controversial, and the US stocks start dropping. I don't see an ethical problem in Media attacking a Bank owner or Riyah Salameh.

The power of Media itself is deteriorating. It's more of an aging dinosaur. The rise of social media is more like a decentralized network of ideas that does affect political outcomes. Trump was able to win although most Media were against him. Not because of Fake News, but because of conservatism flourishing on social media. So I really doubt the extent to which Media in Lebanon has any power. Twitter, Facebook and other fronts play a bigger role for the Thawra.

And so I believe there's no danger on our economy from Media influence, social media will settle the scores in the end of the day.

Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

I personally find it ethical for Media to affect economy (as long as it doesn't do so to benefit). Like when Trump says something controversial, and the US stocks start dropping. I don't see an ethical problem in Media attacking a Bank owner or Riyah Salameh.

The power of Media itself is deteriorating. It's more of an aging dinosaur. The rise of social media is more like a decentralized network of ideas that does affect political outcomes. Trump was able to win although most Media were against him. Not because of Fake News, but because of conservatism flourishing on social media. So I really doubt the extent to which Media in Lebanon has any power. Twitter, Facebook and other fronts play a bigger role for the Thawra.

And so I believe there's no danger on our economy from Media influence, social media will settle the scores in the end of the day.
    as long as banks and the economical sector have a risk information management system it won't be anymore the question of "Ethical" or "Unethical" but the right to access of information . here the Bank Sector and economical sector will be Unethical with Media by influencing them , trying to control them with funding corrupting them with blackmailing them trying to have shares within the industry .

Now the Lebanese Gov tried to managed the "campaigning " on the economical sector or some "Politicians" involved in the economical process with law regulations . and maybe that would give an idea about how much the "Companies " and business personals are Controlling or managing the lebanese Policies or image i take as an Example MP Nehmat Frem (with all respect noting he blocked my website on Twitter for an unknown reason) . MP Nehmat have a huge influence on the policy making in lebanon and we are seeing this on the street .

About Social media And traditional media outlets :

one opinion on social media doesnt have that impact i think the armies on social media whom are making the difference (AKA parties) so here we are raising another question : how "Ethical " is to even control the only space for ppl to express their opinions with armies . with all the branding theories and influencers or censuring them with attacking "Existent" users who are expressing an individual point of view and HOW ETHICAL is trying to pressure their families with bombarding them with "Add friends" or whatsoever

Last edited:
    Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

"decentralized network of ideas that does affect political outcomes" : this in a country where parties are internally democratic so on their "social media army" isnt a tool for oppressing the Inner voice within the parties and external .
    ba3ed badna ktir to reach an ETHICAL level in media and politics

XMyso

XMyso

Orange Room Supporter
    as long as banks and the economical sector have a risk information management system it won't be anymore the question of "Ethical" on "Unethical" but the right to access of information . here the Bank Sector and economical sector will be Unethical with Media by influencing them , trying to control them with funding corrupting them with blackmailing them trying to have shares within the industry .
    Yes we need to remove bank secrecy.

Now the Lebanese Gov tried to managed the "campaigning " on the economical sector or some "Politicians" involved in the economical process with law regulations . and maybe that would give an idea about how much the "Companies " and business personals are Controlling or managing the lebanese Policies or image i take as an Example MP Nehmat Frem (with all respect noting he blocked my website on Twitter for an unknown reason) . MP Nehmat have a huge influence on the policy making in lebanon and we are seeing this on the street .
    عصيان المدني
    can be low budget.

If they close down banks, Lebanese could go back to making bread at home and block themselves from going to vital sectors, which would bring down the house of cards. Imagine if only doctors don't go to their jobs.

one opinion on social media doesnt have that impact i think the armies on social media whom are making the difference (AKA parties) so here we are raising another question : how "Ethical " is to even control the only space for ppl to express their opinions with armies . with all the branding theories and influencers or censuring them with attacking "Existent" users who are expressing an individual point of view and HOW ETHICAL is trying to pressure their families with bombarding them with "Add friends" or whatsoever
    Well, bots do shape political trends. But people on Twitter can spot organic vs party-organized trends.
    For instance, in the Thawra, you had actual celebrities speaking with those hashtags and engaging in the protests.
    While Hezbollah trends were just spread among party supporters and bots.
    While current Social Media is centralized, it's such a large web of people that it effectively becomes decentralized without constant censorship.
    For instance, Youtube is Far Left in its administration who favor Leftists over conservatives in trending page, but still the latter are able to push forth many popular content through speakers expressing individual points of views (e.g styxenhammer666).

The people collective mindset is very hard to control and manipulate, IMHO.

Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yes we need to remove bank secrecy.

عصيان المدني
    can be low budget.

If they close down banks, Lebanese could go back to making bread at home and block themselves from going to vital sectors, which would bring down the house of cards. Imagine if only doctors don't go to their jobs.

Well, bots do shape political trends. But people on Twitter can spot organic vs party-organized trends.
    For instance, in the Thawra, you had actual celebrities speaking with those hashtags and engaging in the protests.
    While Hezbollah trends were just spread among party supporters and bots.
    While current Social Media is centralized, it's such a large web of people that it effectively becomes decentralized without constant censorship.
    For instance, Youtube is Far Left in its administration who favor Leftists over conservatives in trending page, but still the latter are able to push forth many popular content through speakers expressing individual points of views (e.g styxenhammer666).

The people collective mindset is very hard to control and manipulate, IMHO.
    it's not only about bank secrecy what I'm talking about :

bank secrecy is about the bank accounts of ppl . What i am talking about is FAR away from this .

ask me if u wanna know :p

for the social media trends : Don't forget that 7 as political party which did trends many times are involved in the movements . and different NGO's with Media Departments that Hire profs

Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    وناقشت الجلسة الحوارية الأولى تداخل المنصات الرقمية مع السرديات الصحافية التقليدية، بما في ذلك إقدام حكومات ومتنفذّون على اقتحام خصوصية إعلاميين يحاولون كشف الحقائق وفبركة أخبار لتضليل الجمهور.

Talking abt media :) and i know what they are talking about , few days ago they tried to Reach my mom for ex. Confronting them since i manage her account they said they added her not me . telling them they mistaken between me and her . :D or once someone threatned me and its the same person who managed a campaign against sadek that they will reach my parents to shut me up . and he will let me pay the price of my free words .

Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yes please elaborate.
    the economical Sector have a risk info management system to manage all news coming I mean :

they try to block media reaching their private business to write news in a crisis situation or normal so they protect their markets and manage competition with competitors . and if the owner have political ambitious they try to influence media

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Orange Room Supporter
    "Relentless .

Media :

Economy :

How ethical is this ?

An honest press has to be fundamentally a pure press - one that is completely independent from the big political and corporate players. At the national level, Lebanon falls embarassingly short of that standard. Lebanon's traditional media has been heavily controlled or influenced for decades by the political class and by wealthy businessmen. For this reason, the "unethical competition" you refer to is, in my opinion, mainly an issue of integrity.

In addition to this, the traditional Lebanese press has been hit hard by the age of social media, like everywhere else in the world. It's been left scrambling for an audience, which has put it in a desperate situation. Also, I feel its adoption of social media has not been an entirely successful one, and bad habits have been picked up along the way. Today, media outlets are quick to relay breaking news yet slow to verify it. They are eager to sensationalize. Anonymous sources and selective coverage are the norm. All in the name of political competition and hidden agendas, and very little in the name of truth. Ultimately, these tendencies are transmitted to those who consume the media, and you find yourself in a feedback loop.

This post was a bit more ranting than I wanted it to be, but there it is. In my opinion, the press and our relationship with it are as badly in need of reform as our government. Whatever competition that exists needs to be a competition for truth and and a contest of integrity, not a fight for marketability. Win your audience over by engaging their hearts and their minds, not by hooking them by their instincts for further exploitation.

Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    An honest press has to be fundamentally a pure press - one that is completely independent from the big political and corporate players. At the national level, Lebanon falls embarassingly short of that standard. Lebanon's traditional media has been heavily controlled or influenced for decades by the political class and by wealthy businessmen. For this reason, the "unethical competition" you refer to is, in my opinion, mainly an issue of integrity.

In addition to this, the traditional Lebanese press has been hit hard by the age of social media, like everywhere else in the world. It's been left scrambling for an audience, which has put it in a desperate situation. Also, I feel its adoption of social media has not been an entirely successful one, and bad habits have been picked up along the way. Today, media outlets are quick to relay breaking news yet slow to verify it. They are eager to sensationalize. Anonymous sources and selective coverage are the norm. All in the name of political competition and hidden agendas, and very little in the name of truth. Ultimately, these tendencies are transmitted to those who consume the media, and you find yourself in a feedback loop.

This post was a bit more ranting than I wanted it to be, but there it is. In my opinion, the press and our relationship with it are as badly in need of reform as our government. Whatever competition that exists needs to be a competition for truth and and a contest of integrity, not a fight for marketability. Win your audience over by engaging their hearts and their minds, not by hooking them by their instincts for further exploitation.
    the roads to honesty , integrity , truth , is : #fact_checking. Media in general do not have time to do it. it's Quick tasks that you should accomplish . Riad Koubaisi,( also blocked me on whatsup , bcz he couldn't understand and didnt want to Listen objectively to what i said) with mastering all tools of investigation have these mistakes due to the concept of "Deadlines". Deadlines are linked to "priorities " in our world , i mean media. these 2 facts do not comply with all rules and tool of investigations , since #fact_checking is a tool.

for independence of the media platform we have a concept in media called : Media industry. Within , you have big political and corporate players the CEO or Owner set them , these are the red lines the journalist whatever he is and how many trainings he did and whatever experience he had he should respect these red lines . other wise he will loose his job or will present his resignation like Dima Sadek. it's not about lebanon my Friend. It's an International Rule .

Whatsoever the Gov is , the media platform should be able to connect with since we cover the NEWS of and for "Everyone" and this "Everyone" depend and change from one institution to another . each institution reach and target a target audience thats why you see this platform is more connected with the GOV from the population and others trying to reach the Mass with stories that tackles the "Heart" with the human side out of it and trying to prove their point of view with "Facts" but even facts and documents can be manipulated . we don't and can't "REACH" everyone . but we try to cover all aspects.

for "Covering" : no journalist is able to "enter" all platforms. this depends on the institution but that doesnt mean he shouldnt try. and with the "trial" come the issues of the profession. if it is a channel that focuses on It agenda and it can have an action plan they will cover what is so related.

as about Exploitation this word is equal to Parties . not 2 media as media which can be used as a marketing tool to raise money either from political marketing (political communication) or business one !

your reply is good and ur language is awesome !

Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

@AtheistForJesus

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Most of the press in Lebanon is just yellow journalism from TV to Newspapers etc. People as they are against a person or some sort of politics they tend to attack. They present little or no legitimate well-researched while instead using eye-catching headlines for increased sales or viewing time. Our TV stations are so bad its not even funny. Heavily biased, dont do their job properly hence as they are politically motivated so are our people.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

the roads to honesty , integrity , truth , is : #fact_checking. Media in general do not have time to do it. it's Quick tasks that you should accomplish . Riad Koubaisi,( also blocked me on whatsup , bcz he couldn't understand and didnt want to Listen objectively to what i said) with mastering all tools of investigation have these mistakes due to the concept of "Deadlines". Deadlines are linked to "priorities " in our world , i mean media. these 2 facts do not comply with all rules and tool of investigations , since #fact_checking is a tool.

for independence of the media platform we have a concept in media called : Media industry. Within , you have big political and corporate players the CEO or Owner set them , these are the red lines the journalist whatever he is and how many trainings he did and whatever experience he had he should respect these red lines . other wise he will loose his job or will present his resignation like Dima Sadek. it's not about lebanon my Friend. It's an International Rule .

Whatsoever the Gov is , the media platform should be able to connect with since we cover the NEWS of and for "Everyone" and this "Everyone" depend and change from one institution to another . each institution reach and target a target audience thats why you see this platform is more connected with the GOV from the population and others trying to reach the Mass with stories that tackles the "Heart" with the human side out of it and trying to prove their point of view with "Facts" but even facts and documents can be manipulated . we don't and can't "REACH" everyone . but we try to cover all aspects.

for "Covering" : no journalist is able to "enter" all platforms. this depends on the institution but that doesnt mean he shouldnt try. and with the "trial" come the issues of the profession. if it is a channel that focuses on It agenda and it can have an action plan they will cover what is so related.

as about Exploitation this word is equal to Parties . not 2 media as media which can be used as a marketing tool to raise money either from political marketing (political communication) or business one !

your reply is good and ur language is awesome !
    These values honesty, truth, integrity has faded from our dictionary and our lives. Now bozo the clown can post something on FB and people start clapping and cheer ka2ano henne in a circus. It gets 10000 likes. You place a picture of something honest it gets 10 likes. Just the way society is fading.

Omeros

Omeros

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    These values honesty, truth, integrity has faded from our dictionary and our lives. Now bozo the clown can post something on FB and people start clapping and cheer ka2ano henne in a circus. It gets 10000 likes. You place a picture of something honest it gets 10 likes. Just the way society is fading.
    been reading like 10 books in the morning to get this idea :p Bingo
    and discovered that the concept of social media "ARMY" (social media political campaign) is bit specialized to middle east began in IRaq when the army used social media
    i just don't know how aware ppl are when they are part of the campaign ma esma Campaign ! and how ethical the campaigner is :p to manipulate them bala wa3e i would never do that . just want them to be part of the campaign interact express themselves instead of sharing shits