Ex-Muslims, have you been able to convince relatives and friends to leave Islam?

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Since this forum has many ex-Muslims I thought I'd make this thread.

Even tho I was lucky to be born into a Christian family, I was thinking earlier before: what if I was born Muslim? Would I eventually leave it? I'd like to think so. For the rest of the world, Islamic customs are seen as violent and psychopathic, but we often forget that Muslim children, since an early, are thought those same customs are what will take them to Heaven.

So I do acknowledge how hard it must be to break free. But had I been born Muslim and eventually left Islam, I'd want to make damn sure my family and friends did so as well.

• Advertisement
  • shadow1

shadow1

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I tried and I tried and I tried no luck. I gave up and let them be.
    You have to admit Muslim Heaven is more tantalising than Christian heaven where you do nothing all day but listen to classical music and gardening. No action in Christian Heaven.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

I tried and I tried and I tried no luck. I gave up and let them be.
    You have to admit Muslim Heaven is more tantalising than Christian heaven where you do nothing all day but listen to classical music and gardening. No action in Christian Heaven.

Muslim men believe they'll be rewarded with virgin sex slaves and will fornicate with them forevermore. What about Muslim women, what do they think their 'reward' will be, or do they even believe they'll be rewarded at all? ☠

For me, an average Muslim man who thinks he'll be rewarded with sex slaves for being a Muslim (even if a 'peaceful' one) is no different than an ISIS or other Islamic terrorist who thinks he'll have the same 'reward'.

Women are so mistreated in Islam, my priority would be to make my female relatives leave it first.

shadow1

shadow1

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Muslim men believe they'll be rewarded with virgin sex slaves and will fornicate with them forevermore. What about Muslim women, what do they think their 'reward' will be, or do they even believe they'll be rewarded at all? ☠

For me, an average Muslim man who thinks he'll be rewarded with sex slaves for being a Muslim (even if a 'peaceful' one) is no different than an ISIS or other Islamic terrorist who thinks he'll have the same 'reward'.

Women are so mistreated in Islam, my priority would be to make my female relatives leave it first.
    I am not sure Muslim women in their heaven will be worse off than christian women in their heaven. Women arent really into sex like men are so it's neither here nor there for them. They'll find other activities to do I am sure. They'll have inner peace and eternal euphoria while men will be busy hunting for trade all the time. Anyway most people are sinful so their chances of going to heaven are as slim as that of Lebanon ever becoming a decent place to live. BTW women are mistreated everywhere. Who knows it might be god's will and he works in mysterious ways. Us humans cannot possibly know what and why things go on in Gods mind they way they do. I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Me I know my destiny. Hell beckons but hopefully my sttay there is not gonna be as incinerating as holy books tell you. I am hoping my good aunt, a very pious woman, might put in the good word for me and I dont need to stay in hell longer than necessary to purify my soul and and get a transfer to heaven

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    BTW women are mistreated everywhere. Who knows it might be god's will and he works in mysterious ways.
    Didn't I already tell you that you shouldn't blame God for what people do to each other and to themselves? :)

P.S. It is never too late to turn the steering wheel and take another direction. What are you afraid of? Leaving behind trees that can grow no fruit?

shadow1

shadow1

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Are you sure about that?
    stick to the topic please. If we turn this thread about sex we'd undermine the revolution. Once that is over and done with we can then come back and revive the thread to address your young curiosites.
    To answer your question I look at three couples I know. The men in those relationships brag openly and unashamedly about their sexual proclivities whereas the women join the akhawiyyet and make monthly visits to the Northern Saints in Lebanon. The men collect phone numbers and the women collect zakha2ir and rosaries. Hence my conclusion.
    Now do the woman keep their sexual activities hush hush? It's possible. Considering how the men look in my hometown I cant think of nothing better than anonymous sex in very dim light and with a bit of role play. Experiences so dull that, once accomplished, they can never be remembered.

Last edited:
    shadow1

shadow1

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Didn't I already tell you that you shouldn't blame God for what people do to each other and to themselves? :)

P.S. It is never too late to turn the steering wheel and take another direction. What are you afraid of? Leaving behind trees that can grow no fruit?
    Cut me a bit of slack will you? I mean it's one of those things I cannot blame the FPM for so I have to blame someone. However if you look at religions christian or muslim, women ended up with the short end of the stick, dont you agree?

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Cut me a bit of slack will you? I mean it's one of those things I cannot blame the FPM for so I have to blame someone. However if you look at religions christian or muslim, women ended up with the short end of the stick, dont you agree?
    As a Christian, I don't agree. Christian men are told to love their wife as Jesus loves His Church. What more can a woman ask for? :)

Lebanese-Nationalist

Lebanese-Nationalist

No but no one in my immediate family was much of a believer or follower to begin with. It’s hard when you live in Canada and the mainstream is sucking up to Islam nonstop.

I’m the bad guy for converting to Christianity and hating Islam. Even religious minorities such as Sikhs are becoming apologists and standing up for a religion that hates them.

The End

The End

First of his Name
    Orange Room Supporter
    Why does it have to be to convert to Christianity, why can't it be just becoming an atheist? A few of my good friends are ex-muslim Atheists. My best friend was one who now mocks other Muslims (and religious people in general) openly so I don't think he's had success in helping anyone exit the religion.

The End

The End

First of his Name
    Orange Room Supporter
    Because there's no point going from wrong to wrong.
    Hahahaha the whole point of faith is to have it, without having to explain it. You either have it or you don't. If it were up to me I'd like it to be true, but I frankly don't have that faith. The lessons, however, are valuable.

Religion is good for personal purpose, but you cannot say that one is right and the other is wrong because it is beyond our comprehension.

I do, weirdly, identify as a Christian for community purposes. The history of my people, the maronites, is important to me. I would fight for them because I would not allow our martyrs to have died in vain. (I obviously feel the same way about Lebanon as well).

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Hahahaha the whole point of faith is to have it, without having to explain it. You either have it or you don't. If it were up to me I'd like it to be true, but I frankly don't have that faith. The lessons, however, are valuable.

I do, weirdly, identify as a Christian for community purposes. The history of my people, the maronites, is important to me. I would fight for them because I would not allow our martyrs to have died in vain. (I obviously feel the same way about Lebanon as well).
    It seems you are putting creation above the Creator. The lessons, the community, the history, and the country that you love and appreciate wouldn't be here - you wouldn't be here appreciating them - without that Creator.

Religion is good for personal purpose, but you cannot say that one is right and the other is wrong because it is beyond our comprehension.
    Of course I can say that one is right and the other is wrong. It is not beyond our comprehension that some ideas are objectively good while others are objectively bad.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Because there's no point going from wrong to wrong.
    Imo there are great differences between being a being a Muslim and an atheist, the biggest one is the latter are civilized. I don't see atheists blowing up themselves or kniving people and trying to turn people atheist by force. Sure, there are many atheists who are a pain in the ass and think they are superior to others. But that's nothing compared to the horror Muslims commit on a daily basis in the name of their false 'god'.

My only problem with atheists is those extremely liberal atheists from places like Sweden who side with Muslims and mock Christians, unaware that the former also want they dead.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Why weirdly? I also used to be irreligious and I also identified strongly as a Christian. For Lebanese Christians and Middle Eastern Christians in general being Christian is much more than religion, it's an ethnic identity.

Assyrians and Copts have separate ethnic identities than their Muslim counterparts. Levantine Christians used to all identity as Syrians, which was synonymous for Christian. When Arab Muslims usurped the Syrian identity, Lebanese Christians created the Lebanese identity which was a pan Greater Lebanon Christian identity. When Muslims also started identifying as Lebanese, 'Christian' became the ethnic identity.

The reason you feel the need to identify yourself as Christian, even being irreligious, is to separate yourself from the Arab Muslims who have nothing to do with you.

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

@Apostate @AtheistForJesus I'd like your inputs here.
    My parents and siblings don't identify as Muslims either, so I've never had to convince them to leave the religion.
    They're not atheists, though. They believe in 'God'.

The Blind Monk

The Blind Monk

Your will, my hands.
    Orange Room Supporter
    @Apostate @AtheistForJesus I'd like your inputs here.
    It is a sensitive topic.
    My brother for example, while he isn't a practicing muslim, he is still a believer... and discussions in such topics are normally futile, so I try to avoid them, while poking fun at some practices occasionally.
    As to friends, I already have few friends that became atheists... we did have alot of discussions... but such discussions only started when, for example, I saw a pattern in one friend questioning stuff and being interested in scientific and existential matters which pretty much hinted that he is on the right path and I took it from there to help jump ship :lol:.
    I have at least 7 ex-muslim friends that I can think of now(varying from close friends, to just in the "entourage")

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Imo there are great differences between being a being a Muslim and an atheist, the biggest one is the latter are civilized. I don't see atheists blowing up themselves or kniving people and trying to turn people atheist by force. Sure, there are many atheists who are a pain in the ass and think they are superior to others. But that's nothing compared to the horror Muslims commit on a daily basis in the name of their false 'god'.

My only problem with atheists is those extremely liberal atheists from places like Sweden who side with Muslims and mock Christians, unaware that the former also want they dead.
    When I said wrong, I was talking about ideologies, not people. People can be nice while still holding wrong beliefs.