Ex-Shia Muslim Lebanese woman testimony

• Advertisement
  • Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    @Iron Maiden aren't you also an ex-Shia woman? Do you relate to her?
    Actually am An ex sunni trans woman but indeed i can relate to the struggle, thank you for shedding som light on it.

I

illusion84

Thoughts?

Well that's the life of most religious muslim families, but still her father allowed her to move to the US, which is a progressive move from him.

She was talking about Hijab being a form to impose sexual purity; I don't think it is just about sexual purity; it is clear that she's from a conservative background; most likely it is their way of life.

It is a big debate; should we impose our own religious views on our children? which means Hijab in the case of muslims; circumcision for Muslim and Jews; and Baptism for Christians? Where do the rights of the parents end?

BTW few years ago the daughter of a Shia sheikh run away to a monastery and became a nun; here family retrieved her later on and they promised to let her have here own religious views.

Religion; and our way of life should our personal choice; it is still difficult in leb.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Well that's the life of most religious muslim families, but still her father allowed her to move to the US, which is a progressive move from him.

She was talking about Hijab being a form to impose sexual purity; I don't think it is just about sexual purity; it is clear that she's from a conservative background; most likely it is their way of life.

It is a big debate; should we impose our own religious views on our children? which means Hijab in the case of muslims; circumcision for Muslim and Jews; and Baptism for Christians? Where do the rights of the parents end?

BTW few years ago the daughter of a Shia sheikh run away to a monastery and became a nun; here family retrieved her later on and they promised to let her have here own religious views.

Religion; and our way of life should our personal choice; it is still difficult in leb.
    It is difficult in any third workd religious country, whether lebanon, morocco, senegal, india, indonesia..

When u’re born into a religious home you have to follow your parents religion by default.
    You are taight to fear a higher power who for some reason in all religions values sexual purity above else..

That woman in the video is spot on, and the opportunity she was afforded is a boon that countless people can only dream about.
    Religion should be like cigarettes and alcohol, you can choose one when u’re 18+

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member

what countries do you think provide that frame of freedom where anyone can practice their personal beliefs in peace? yeah? blessed be the white man? mesh heik? mbala, heik.

I

illusion84

what countries do you think provide that frame of freedom where anyone can practice their personal beliefs in peace? yeah? blessed be the white man? mesh heik? mbala, heik.
    I don't have a problem with the white man; I have a problem with an idiot thinking that he's better than everyone else because his skin of color happened to be white; and I have a bigger problem with the one thinking that he is an intellectual pacifist and at the same time finding excuses for the murderous actions of the white supremacist and his defenders on a public forum.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    I don't have a problem with the white man; I have a problem with an idiot thinking that he's better than everyone else because his skin of color happened to be white
    i could not have said it better myself. so given your previous rants, you are not of the opinion that the white man is "خير أمة أخرجت للناس"?

and I have a bigger problem with the one thinking that he is an intellectual pacifist and at the same time finding excuses for the murderous actions of the white supremacist and his defenders on a public forum.
    indeed, lets us label every one we have ever had a disagreement with and everyone who is not condemning the white man and europe, and let's label them as white supremacist sympathizers, and use this incident to finish off every non marxist bastard. bhannik.

The_FPMer

The_FPMer

I don't have a problem with the white man; I have a problem with an idiot thinking that he's better than everyone else because his skin of color happened to be white; and I have a bigger problem with the one thinking that he is an intellectual pacifist and at the same time finding excuses for the murderous actions of the white supremacist and his defenders on a public forum.
    Race and DNA are much more than skin color.

Le منشار

Le منشار

Thoughts?
    Hijab is to hide a woman's assets that are only eligible for privileged people and keep her safe from sexual harassment.
    She who decides to remove her hijab, has no right to complain. Besides she looks like a clown.
    These women have psychological problems of lack of confidence in her beauty

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Hijab is to hide a woman's assets that are only eligible for privileged people and keep her safe from sexual harassment.
    She who decides to remove her hijab, has no right to complain. Besides she looks like a clown.
    I find burka, hijab and all their derivatives quite retarded. I oppose enforcing them on anyone. If they are enforced on minors I consider that child abuse. I do however support adults and minors wearing whatever they want, so long that they show their faces for identification and for security reasons. I support laws in the west that help protect western culture and values, even if some of these values may very well have their roots in Christian beliefs.

Le منشار

Le منشار

I find burka, hijab and all their derivatives quite retarded. I oppose enforcing them on anyone. If they are enforced on minors I consider that child abuse. I do however support adults and minors wearing whatever they want, so long that they show their faces for identification and for security reasons. I support laws in the west that help protect western culture and values, even if some of these values may very well have their roots in Christian beliefs.
    :lol:
    I support laws in the middle east that help protect Islamic culture and values, even if some of these values may very well have their roots in Islamic beliefs.
    Regards.
    Abou Talha

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    I support laws in the middle east that help protect Islamic culture and values, even if some of these values may very well have their roots in Islamic beliefs.
    Regards.
    Abou Talha
    Plz define “Islamic Culture” ;)

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Regards.
    Abou Talha
    Do it. More power to you.

Nonan

Nonan

Orange Room Supporter
    Seriously, you should consider trying the 21 century. It’s not because a woman is not wearing a veil that you should behave like an animal. If you can’t control your pulses, you should either go see a therapist or try a more radical medical approach.
    Either way, if you harass a woman, your place is in jail.

Le منشار

Le منشار

Seriously, you should consider trying the 21 century. It’s not because a woman is not wearing a veil that you should behave like an animal. If you can’t control your pulses, you should either go see a therapist or try a more radical medical approach.
    Either way, if you harass a woman, your place is in jail.
    a woman should also control her pulses.
    seriously. you should check if you have balls and a stick, cause if you don't, then you should urgently go to the junkyard and find a set.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    a woman should also control her pulses.
    seriously. you should check if you have balls and a stick, cause if you don't, then you should urgently go to the junkyard and find a set.
    Ma khassak la enta wala ur religion wala aya religion as a matter of fact, in the personal choices and liberties of individuals. If she has impulses she is free to do whatever she wants to do, and guess what, u cant do jack shiit abt it :)

Instead of telling people to check if they have balls, u better crawl out from under ur moma’s skirt niqab and embrace life and freedom.

Freedom is scary for people who have lived their whole lives chained, i get it..