Parliamentary elections 2018 Expat voting in next election

Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
I checked the electoral lists released by MOI; in my small village in South Lebanon, more than 25 persons registered to vote abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Aoune32!

Aoune32!

So in Australia the NCD about 5000 votes affects about 3-5% of the electorate if 50% vote from inside the country. Not bad. The expats could be the deciding factor.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Nchalla next time we get another 100-150K. If we got all up 250K I would say this is a major accomplishment. Just wish that this 6 MPs bullshit does not get implemented.

eLad

eLad

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    - Check your details on the Electoral lists
    - Browse the Electoral Lists
    - Browse the Lists by Embassy or mission

Election

NAFAR

NAFAR

I checked it; my name is there.
    4 xtra votes from my small village in Jezzine to FPM list; bravo Gebran.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

I checked it; my name is there.
    4 xtra votes from my small village in Jezzine to FPM list; bravo Gebran.
    Jezzine will be a tough district. FPM and FM need to think how they are going to win 5 seats.

walidos

walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    - Check your details on the Electoral lists
    - Browse the Electoral Lists
    - Browse the Lists by Embassy or mission

Election
    Awesome! Was worried when we didn’t receive the codes or whatever the hell that is! Now I found both my name and my wife's :) we don’t need to spend money on tickets this time woohoo

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Awesome! Was worried when we didn’t receive the codes or whatever the hell that is! Now I found both my name and my wife's :) we don’t need to spend money on tickets this time woohoo
    Where do you vote??

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    Batroun-Koura-Bcharreh-Zgharta district makes up almost 45% of voters in Australia... The registration in Zgharta is the highest with 2,200, Bsharreh 1500, Batroun 900, Koura 600... I would say Franjiyeh and Geagea may equal each other here. Maybe this figure is expected from Australia as lots of Lebanese are from Zgharta and Bcharreh....
    Any chart on USA? The US can be a decisive factor.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Batroun-Koura-Bcharreh-Zgharta district makes up almost 45% of voters in Australia... The registration in Zgharta is the highest with 2,200, Bsharreh 1500, Batroun 900, Koura 600... I would say Franjiyeh and Geagea may equal each other here. Maybe this figure is expected from Australia as lots of Lebanese are from Zgharta and Bcharreh....
    Any chart on USA? The US can be a decisive factor.
    The people in Zgharta in Australia most of them are Pro-Mouawad.
    Bsharreh no point even asking.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

What I am realizing in the expat vote is that alot of people are older than 50 years old. There are hardly any people from 21-40.

U

unitedlb

The people in Zgharta in Australia most of them are Pro-Mouawad.
    Bsharreh no point even asking.
    I agree, most of the Zgharta people here are not Sleiman supporters. Many would vote for Mouawwad, some for LF/Kataeb and many would also vote FPM.

The 21-40 age group are the kids of those who emigrated, meaning that the bulk of them would have been born in Australia. Unfortunately they don't care as much for Lebanese politics.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

I agree, most of the Zgharta people here are not Sleiman supporters. Many would vote for Mouawwad, some for LF/Kataeb and many would also vote FPM.

The 21-40 age group are the kids of those who emigrated, meaning that the bulk of them would have been born in Australia. Unfortunately they don't care as much for Lebanese politics.
    sa7 100%
    This is the problem. The youth most of them that were born here don't care about politics nor about the country as a whole. michen heike I wouldn't think that more than 200K would actually vote even if the deadline was extended.

Last edited:
    Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    وزارة الخارجية: للبنانين المنتشرين الذين لم ترد اسماؤهم في القوائم الإنتخابية الحق في التقدم بطلبات إعتراض

تلفت وزارة الخارجية والمغتربين إنتباه المنتشرين اللبنانيين الذين تسجلوا للإقتراع في الخارج في الإنتخابات النيابية، والذين كانت طلباتهم مستوفية للشروط القانونية، لكن لم ترد أسماؤهم في القوائم الانتخابية المنشورة على الموقع الرسمي للمديرية العامة للأحوال الشخصية www.DGCS.gov.lb أو الذين وردت بعض الأخطاء في مندرجات قيدهم في القوائم المذكورة، الى أنه لا زال بإمكانهم التقدم بطلبات إعتراض لإضافة أسمائهم أو تصحيح الخطأ في السفارات والقنصليات اللبنانية وذلك ضمن مهلة تنتهي يوم الثلاثاء في 20 شباط 2018.

وأشارت الوزارة الى انه على الأشخاص المعنيين تعبئة النموذج المخصص للإعتراض، المتوفر على الموقع الإلكتروني www.DGCS.gov.lb ولدى أقلام النفوس كافة في لبنان، وإرفاقه بالمستندات الثبوتية اللازمة لصحة الاعتراض قبل إيداعه البعثة اللبنانية المختصة خلال المهلة المذكورة لتعذر قبول أي طلب بعد هذه المهلة. كما يمكن لأي شخص معني التواصل مع البعثات اللبنانية لمزيد من المساعدة والإيضاحات.

ويهم وزارة الخارجية والمغتربين أن توضح أن الأشخاص المعنيين هم حصرا أولئك الذين تسجلوا في الدول التي ستـُفتح فيها أقلام إقتراع وفقا لمرسوم دعوة الهيئات الناخبة رقم 2219 تاريخ 22 كانون الثاني 2018.

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    How much of surprises would the expat vote do? If one to look at Australia alone, there's 6,000 who are going to vote in Batroun-Koura district. This is half a 7assel, and with other countries, they can easily make up a 7assel w noss alone.
    Are LF going to make surprises with the expats? Or, it would be almost the same as 2009 for LF as they brought 1000s of expat?
    Is FPM aware of it?

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

How much of surprises would the expat vote do? If one to look at Australia alone, there's 6,000 who are going to vote in Batroun-Koura district. This is half a 7assel, and with other countries, they can easily make up a 7assel w noss alone.
    Are LF going to make surprises with the expats? Or, it would be almost the same as 2009 for LF as they brought 1000s of expat?
    Is FPM aware of it?
    what do you mean surprises??