Experiences with package forwarders for items bought from US Amazon?

B

Boat

I'd like to purchase something from Amazon, but it only ships within the US. I've heard that there are package forwarders you can use to have the item shipped from a US address? I know it's expensive but I'm willing to pay.

Has anybody used such a service before? If so, how was the experience?

• Advertisement
  • opium

opium

Use Aramex, used their service 3-4 years ago and they are reliable.
    They provide you an address in USA. They console all the shipments in this address and ship it every week.

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yes I have used the Aramex service, it’s called shop n ship. You get addresses in the USA but also UK, China, and several other countries. You can ship from amazon and any other retailer. The first half kilo is priced and every additional weight gets charged in half kilo increments. It is expensive and watch out, you still need to pay custom clearance. I used it wheels in the uae, i got a call to pay customs with details for an online portal, and I did. I think in lebanon you will need to contact Aramex to know how to clear customs.

Good luck

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    Yes I have used the Aramex service, it’s called shop n ship. You get addresses in the USA but also UK, China, and several other countries. You can ship from amazon and any other retailer. The first half kilo is priced and every additional weight gets charged in half kilo increments. It is expensive and watch out, you still need to pay custom clearance. I used it wheels in the uae, i got a call to pay customs with details for an online portal, and I did. I think in lebanon you will need to contact Aramex to know how to clear customs.

Good luck
    In Lebanon for the items that require customs, Aramex will call you and tell you how much it costs to clear it. If you approve, they will pay it on your behalf and bring the item to you with a receipt of the customs fees which you will have to pay to them.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    I'd like to purchase something from Amazon, but it only ships within the US. I've heard that there are package forwarders you can use to have the item shipped from a US address? I know it's expensive but I'm willing to pay.

Has anybody used such a service before? If so, how was the experience?
    it is pretty decent. you will be contacted only if the item is held by customs. but other than that the shipment charges will be mailed to you upon receiving your parcel at their facilities abroad after noting the weight. you will receive another email after your parcel clears the local customs containing the TVA and custom fees. you can also check the shipping charges and the TVA/customs fees as they become available through your online account. i have included a snapshot from my account.

the only negative issue is the random hold scheme by customs, it is either a headache or you would be willing to pay some ridiculous fee to release your item. in this situation there will be an additional baseline fee of 70$ + additional expenses. the general rule is that anything with a declared value of less than 200$ will not be held upon inspection, as i have been told by an aramex insider.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Jo