Elections Fadi Abou Jamra

• Advertisement
  • Nonan

المهندس فادي ابو جمرة يكشف الكثير عنه وعن الانتخابات

I can’t be objective here given I’ve known him personally for 30years. I would like to point to his poised, nuanced and balanced speech. I do hope he and his likes make it to the parliament.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    I can’t be objective here given I’ve known him personally for 30years. I would like to point to his poised, nuanced and balanced speech. I do hope he and his likes make it to the parliament.

Did he leave FPM at the same time as his father??
    Was he an activist ? I have never heard about him before I mean on the political level.

Lebnaouneh

What do you think is his motive to run? And what’s your opinion on his dad?

Nonan

Did he leave FPM at the same time as his father??
    Was he an activist ? I have never heard about him before I mean on the political level.
    I don’t think he ever was an activist in the Tony Orian sense of the word (he was exiled with his father, and he has 4 kids). He has been “active” over the past couple of years, mostly in the Souh (doing an on the ground campaign). In Beirut, I would say he is mostly aligned with the themes of the Hirak Madani, but with a forward looking view to build small wins, focusing on social issues.

Nonan

What do you think is his motive to run? And what’s your opinion on his dad?
    I genuinely think he hopes to make a difference. He moved his family back to Lebanon and believes he needs to fight to give them a better life.
    His dad is not running, as far as I know, so my opinion of him is irrelevant. And per what he said, he doesn’t always sees eye to eye with his dad.

PFC

He and his father have no ethics, they left the Fpm the day GMA couldn’t or wouldn’t make him a minister, since that time the senile Abou Fa7mé ( the faith of a Jamra when it went off) didn’t miss an opportunity to attack FPM and GMA, and Fadi was silent, same silence when he made us loose the beirut one battle because he had no experience and his dad no chance of winning

Nonan

He and his father have no ethics, they left the Fpm the day GMA couldn’t or wouldn’t make him a minister, since that time the senile Abou Fa7mé ( the faith of a Jamra when it went off) didn’t miss an opportunity to attack FPM and GMA, and Fadi was silent, same silence when he made us loose the beirut one battle because he had no experience and his dad no chance of winning
    You can blame / attack the father but I don’t understand why you are attacking Fadi. He can’t be held responsible for his father’s actions

Guy seems like a logical person and free thinker. Not that comfortable on camera though. Couple things caught my attention though, things he mentioned more than once / emphasized.

- Created a false or lets say ambiguous dichotomy of "independent" vs "traditional".... what does that mean ? What is traditional, HA or the "ikta3" ?
    - Reusing the expression of returning Lebanon to "el douwal el ra2ye"... what does that even mean, bil gloves off language ?

Nonan

Guy seems like a logical person and free thinker. Not that comfortable on camera though. Couple things caught my attention though, things he mentioned more than once / emphasized.

- Created a false or lets say ambiguous dichotomy of "independent" vs "traditional".... what does that mean ? What is traditional, HA or the "ikta3" ?
    - Reusing the expression of returning Lebanon to "el douwal el ra2ye"... what does that even mean, bil gloves off language ?
    I’m happy to relay your questions to him. Let me know. My interpretation re. you’re questions:
    1) I think Fadi would put HA, FM, ikta3, PSP, Amal, LF, etc. all in the same basket, vs. the broader “moujtama3 madani”. So I think traditional would be HA and ikta3.
    2) gloves off, ya3ne, our trash is not dumped in the sea, our air is not causing us cancer, we have power, if not 24/7, at least 18/7, there is a minimum respect for the rule of law.

Aoune32!

I’m happy to relay your questions to him. Let me know. My interpretation re. you’re questions:
    1) I think Fadi would put HA, FM, ikta3, PSP, Amal, LF, etc. all in the same basket, vs. the broader “moujtama3 madani”. So I think traditional would be HA and ikta3.
    2) gloves off, ya3ne, our trash is not dumped in the sea, our air is not causing us cancer, we have power, if not 24/7, at least 18/7, there is a minimum respect for the rule of law.
    Mch at least the norm is 24/7

walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    What of you expect? His dad had a big fight with GMA and FPM, do you thtinknfor 1 second that he would remain in FPM and spite his father?

Am not saying anyone should vote for him, but we need to be reasonable... not all outside FPM are bad, even if they were once members of FPM

Thank you for interpretation, it is enough for me and no need to relay.
    #1 all clear.
    #2 fair enough although one can sense a little bit of romanticized view of Western countries ;)

He isnt against iqtaa or anything. He and his father were trying to yedhacho halon with feb 14 and pms for a decade and fadi was working with his father.

I respect those who left fpm like abs and others who may have had their reasons but abu jamra simply lefy because he didnt get a position even though he was deputy prime minister before! And he was with fpm when they delt with hezballah w he got his position then after he elft he started attacking the alliance w kel shi that fpm did.

Its a shame really to throw away such a respectful history