• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

[False Rumour] Entering Lebanon - Are USDs allowed at the airport?

Hi all, I am hearing different stories about bringing USD currencies in Lebanon through airport. Apparently you get checked on your body and worst, they ask you for 20% or 30% of your currencies.

I heard several WhatsApp messages and people saying they were taken their cash when arriving at airport by the Security.

Hassan Diab said that these were all rumours and encouraged expats to bring cash with them.

What’s the situation? Any of you came to Lebanon with cash ?

dyyyy

Hi all, I am hearing different stories about bringing USD currencies in Lebanon through airport. Apparently you get checked on your body and worst, they ask you for 20% or 30% of your currencies.

I heard several WhatsApp messages and people saying they were taken their cash when arriving at airport by the Security.

Hassan Diab said that these were all rumours and encouraged expats to bring cash with them.

It turned out it was a rumor.

You can come with cash and only have to declare if it's above 15,000 $

Heard the same rumors and everything but airport general security denied it.

Viral

Are you sure ?
Are you really that misinformed or you’re spreading poison intentionally?

Either way you should not be posting trash.

@Jo You have moral obligation toward the Lebanese people and their families to make sure this forum is not used as a tool by trolls intending to bring more misery to their lives.

This criminal campaign started as soon as Lebanon’s butchers realized some economic relief is coming from opening the airport helping to bring in fresh dollars. So they started discouraging returning passengers from bringing in dollars. Those are criminals!!!

This misleading title which is either intentional or negligent during such critical phase should be grounds to ban the author.

"Entering in Lebanon with DOLLAR NOTES. Issues at airport"
NO! NO ISSUES at Airport!!!
And shame on you!

Is it also a coincidence now that Lebanon is getting ready to reopen the airport, such an aggressive misleading campaign is underway with the intention to frighten and discourage returning Lebanese from bringing badly needed fresh dollars home by telling them their dollars will be confiscated upon arrival?
@ORMOD @SeaAb

This thread should be deleted because the first impression of the title does the harm upfront...

ORMOD

Staff member
Super Penguin

@Jo You have moral obligation toward the Lebanese people and their families to make sure this forum is not used as a tool by trolls intending to bring more misery to their lives.

This criminal campaign started as soon as Lebanon’s butchers realized some economic relief is coming from opening the airport helping to bring in fresh dollars. So they started discouraging returning passengers from bringing in dollars. Those are criminals!!!

This misleading title which is either intentional or negligent during such critical phase should be grounds to ban the author.

And shame on you!

@ORMOD @SeaAb

This thread should be deleted because the first impression of the title does the harm upfront...
Hey Viral, this thread can stay, no harm, it has been 1 week that people are saying this on the media. Joe Tayyar posted a legal paper from the lebanese customs that clarify the issue.

O Brother

Legendary Member

And shame on you!

@ORMOD @SeaAb

You should calm down mister..

the news whether true or not will not go away as they are already all over social media.. so calm down..

and it is more than just rumors there are some truth to what is being said!

The Beirut airport is ruled by shabi7aaa... its corrupted like the rest of the country is!

Viral

Hey Viral, this thread can stay, no harm, it has been 1 week that people are saying this on the media. Joe Tayyar posted a legal paper from the lebanese customs that clarify the issue.
I appreciate you responding to me.

Lebanon needs protection now because families and small children are suffering and becoming victims of a political game.

My issue is why would someone insult our intelligence with insulting propaganda. The first impression is what harms the most which is the misleading title by itself suggesting there is a problem which there is none.

The title should say the “Lebanese government is encouraging returning Lebanese bringing hard currency and are thanked for doing so!”

O Brother

Legendary Member

The story I heard is that anything above 2000 USD they let you keep the 2000 USD in cash and the rest they give you a check for them.

And you have to pay 100 USD for PCR and pay for hotel whatever the cost might be!

All in all true or not who the f want to go to Lebanon anyway!

My advice go to turkey or morocco this summer much better and safer!

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Unfortunately, we can’t bring dollars in as fast as the Nabih can siphons them out.

Tayyar9

Legendary Member
The story I heard is that anything above 2000 USD they let you keep the 2000 USD in cash and the rest they give you a check for them.

And you have to pay 100 USD for PCR and pay for hotel whatever the cost might be!

All in all true or not who the f want to go to Lebanon anyway!

My advice go to turkey or morocco this summer much better and safer!
Are you Lebanese?

Viral

I will change the thread title also.
Thank you @Jo for sharing my concern.

Using the term “rumor” when we know it’s a flat lie is still misleading because a rumor can be construed as true in people’s minds until it’s verified otherwise which is the case here.

I suggest using the term “false rumor” if you insist or simply display the true fact such as: “Hard currency is welcomed and encouraged to be brought into Lebanon with no restrictions!”

🍻Regards!

Unfortunately, we can’t bring dollars in as fast as the Nabih can siphons them out.
Nabih can dream. He ended up siphoning the Dollars of his own Shiaa backers who sent all their cash from Africa to Lebanon.
All the Christians I know have properties or bank accounts abroad l, so the ones impacted are primarily the Shiaa. They brought Berri and they want him.... be my guest wa sa7ten !