Parliamentary elections 2018 [FAQ] Lebanon elections 2018 frequently asked questions and important dates

• Advertisement
  • Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Do are know where the polling stations are outside???

2alo 3a MTV that the gov agreed on like 120 polling stations outside??

spacecreature

spacecreature

Are you active in any way in the jewish community, where is everyone, can you make a thread about that if it doesn't yet exist? I remember we once talked about the Beirut synagogue but not much insider info on the people.

Muki

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    Are you active in any way in the jewish community, where is everyone, can you make a thread about that if it doesn't yet exist? I remember we once talked about the Beirut synagogue but not much insider info on the people.
    The Jewish side of my family is not Lebanese, so I am not active in the 'Lebanese' Jewish community. I have not met any Lebanese Jews myself, unfortunately, but maybe some day.

Lebanon's Jews won't return and will never be a vibrant community again, no matter the good intentions of those who try. That's my assessment.

Lebanese Pride

Lebanese Pride

Orange Room Supporter
    I still dont get how this stupid law works.

I vote for list A and choose a person from that list as "tafdile" vote would I be voting for the whole list or the person I chose as a tafdile or both? If both, what use the does the tafdile vote have?

F

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
    I still dont get how this stupid law works.

I vote for list A and choose a person from that list as "tafdile" vote would I be voting for the whole list or the person I chose as a tafdile or both? If both, what use the does the tafdile vote have?
    Let me make things easier for you. You search for the list where the name walid azar exist. You tick next to his name and put the paper inside the ballot. This way you make sure you did nothing wrong even if you still dont understand the law.

Lebanese Pride

Lebanese Pride

Orange Room Supporter
    Ha....ha.....ha any real anwers? @Jo

L

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    Let me make things easier for you. You search for the list where the name walid azar exist. You tick next to his name and put the paper inside the ballot. This way you make sure you did nothing wrong even if you still dont understand the law.
    roger :mad::lol:

F

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
    Ha....ha.....ha any real anwers? @Jo
    When you are voting one name from the list, you are actually voting the whole list but giving your preferential vote to 1 name only. This is to determine which candidate you want to win from the list you support as the law is proportional and no list will be getting all the seats. ( unless all other lists failed to reach the hassel) .
    yes i know i wrote walid by mistake but when i realized it the system on the forum didint allow me to change it anymore.

Lebanese Pride

Lebanese Pride

Orange Room Supporter
    When you are voting one name from the list, you are actually voting the whole list but giving your preferential vote to 1 name only. This is to determine which candidate you want to win from the list you support as the law is proportional and no list will be getting all the seats. ( unless all other lists failed to reach the hassel) .

yes i know i wrote walid by mistake but when i realized it the system on the forum didint allow me to change it anymore.
    Whats meant by "hassel" and whats the point of the tafdile vote if ur voting for the whole list? I mean chou chi lezyede yalle 3am ba3ti lal sot el tafdile?

F

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
    Whats meant by "hassel" and whats the point of the tafdile vote if ur voting for the whole list? I mean chou chi lezyede yalle 3am ba3ti lal sot el tafdile?
    The hassel is calculated by the number of people who voted in a certain district divided by the number of seats allocated to that district.
    Example : kesserwen/ jbeil has 8 seats. If for example 100k voted in the election , 100k/8 = 12500.
    12500 is the hassel that every list need to reach in order to get at least 1 seat. If list A got 25k votes that mean it won 2 seats ( 12500 x 2)
    Now if this list contains 8 seats and won only 2 , which 2 of the 8 should win? Here where the tafdili votes play the role. The 2 candidates with the highest tafdili votes will be the winners from this list.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Bro look at the papers that have your avatar and tick it. LoL

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    I added some very nice videos in the OP - Check them out :)

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

I added some very nice videos in the OP - Check them out :)
    A way of cheating has been reported to me that goes as the following: the person that wants to pay you gives you the lista with the preferential vote ticked, you enter and take a list from the voting station, you put in the ballot the one of the person that payed you, you go outside and show the person who payed you the empty list given by the polling station as proof that you put in the ballot box the paper he gave you, you take your money and leave
    This needs to be countered

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    A way of cheating has been reported to me that goes as the following: the person that wants to pay you gives you the lista with the preferential vote ticked, you enter and take a list from the voting station, you put in the ballot the one of the person that payed you, you go outside and show the person who payed you the empty list given by the polling station as proof that you put in the ballot box the paper he gave you, you take your money and leave
    This needs to be countered
    Well it shouldnt be easy aslan for those people to get a copy of the lists - These lists should be sealed by the Ministry of Interior seal and this shouldnt be easy to do.