Parliamentary elections 2018 [FAQ] Lebanon elections 2018 frequently asked questions and important dates

L

lebanese1

Legendary Member
A way of cheating has been reported to me that goes as the following: the person that wants to pay you gives you the lista with the preferential vote ticked, you enter and take a list from the voting station, you put in the ballot the one of the person that payed you, you go outside and show the person who payed you the empty list given by the polling station as proof that you put in the ballot box the paper he gave you, you take your money and leave
This needs to be countered
no one is allowed to bring with him a list to the ballot.

• Advertisement
  • L

La Blague

Well it shouldnt be easy aslan for those people to get a copy of the lists - These lists should be sealed their by the Ministry of Interior seal and this shouldnt be easy to do.
    They could send their people to vote early and take more then one list, gather these lists, tick them and distribute them to the bribded people
    The mandoubeen need to be very careful

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    They could send their people to vote early and take more then one list, gather these lists, tick them and distribute them to the bribded people
    The mandoubeen need to be very careful
    You can't take more than one list...mesh ma7tooteen metel l napkins b shi mat3am.

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

no one is allowed to bring with him a list to the ballot.
    Ma badda shi, put it in your boxer who will look?
    That is assuming they will check the pockets of a million or two lebanese on election day

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    A way of cheating has been reported to me that goes as the following: the person that wants to pay you gives you the lista with the preferential vote ticked, you enter and take a list from the voting station, you put in the ballot the one of the person that payed you, you go outside and show the person who payed you the empty list given by the polling station as proof that you put in the ballot box the paper he gave you, you take your money and leave
    This needs to be countered
    every voting pen will be given a known number of printed lists. at the end of the day, when the votes are to be counted, the number of the votes in the ballot and the number of remaining list should match the original number that the voting booth was allocated.

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

every voting pen will be given a known number of printed lists. at the end of the day, when the votes are to be counted, the number of the votes in the ballot and the number of remaining list should match the original number that the voting booth was allocated.
    The list received by the polling booth will be given to the briber as proof that they put the list given by the briber
    The number of votes will still match

L

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    The list received by the polling booth will be given to the briber as proof that they put the list given by the briber
    The number of votes will still match
    the pre-printed lists are stamped by the MoI. mech min ma ken bi jiboun.

Lebnaouneh

Lebnaouneh

the pre-printed lists are stamped by the MoI. mech min ma ken bi jiboun.
    How difficult would it be to get the stamp in Lebanon...
    Till now the biggest redi3 you mentioned is the 2zez 3azil

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

Do we know if there are polling stations through the country? How in the hell do they want people to vote and we don't know anything about where to vote? April 5 currently w ma7ada 3aref chi mn chi.

The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member
    Ma badda shi, put it in your boxer who will look?
    That is assuming they will check the pockets of a million or two lebanese on election day
    What if you're going commando???
    Putting in the boxers won't apply anymore.

O

OrangeEddy

Does anyone have information about the media coverage on evening of 06-May ?
    How soon will we bet geting the results?
    Will there be “Live Counters” or something of the sort updated as the evening moves forward?
    Any TV Station or Website already announced this?

Tnx

Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    Will there be “Live Counters” or something of the sort updated as the evening moves forward?

Tnx
    According to statisticians, the results will be known 2 or 3 hours after closing the election centers because the calculations with this law are much easier than the ones with the previous law. But I assume that the official announcement of the results by MOI will be made next day.

I think there will be live counters because we saw these in the last municipal elections in certain towns.

insensible

insensible

How are results of each poll calculated?
    Bulk using optical scan voting system or manual one by one?

Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member
    The Jewish side of my family is not Lebanese, so I am not active in the 'Lebanese' Jewish community. I have not met any Lebanese Jews myself, unfortunately, but maybe some day.

Lebanon's Jews won't return and will never be a vibrant community again, no matter the good intentions of those who try. That's my assessment.
    Even I did. It was an 80 something year old with dementia. He was reminiscing about Sabah and Wadi3 El Safi. When I asked him if he misses going back, he got angry and said "is there anyone who doesn't miss his country"?

D

Daltony

Will the names be written in Arabic or English? Will it be different for people voting outside Lebanon?

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    The hassel is calculated by the number of people who voted in a certain district divided by the number of seats allocated to that district.
    Example : kesserwen/ jbeil has 8 seats. If for example 100k voted in the election , 100k/8 = 12500.
    12500 is the hassel that every list need to reach in order to get at least 1 seat. If list A got 25k votes that mean it won 2 seats ( 12500 x 2)
    Now if this list contains 8 seats and won only 2 , which 2 of the 8 should win? Here where the tafdili votes play the role. The 2 candidates with the highest tafdili votes will be the winners from this list.
    How does sectarian representation factor in? Do the lists represent sects, parties, or alliances?

Btw, thanks for the explanation. It's the first time I understand how these elections work. No one was able to explain it to me until now.

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin

Tnx
    Yes, There will be a live update on the results for most of the TV stations, during the day (participation rate) and during the night (7asel and results). However, these results wont be the official ones.

Will the names be written in Arabic or English? Will it be different for people voting outside Lebanon?
    In Lebanon, Arabic. Oustide Lebanon, I dont know.